First Name
Chanelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you for sharing, I searched all over for this. I will have to go back and confirm my positive and negatives are wired right.
This is awesome! My husband’s an engineer so you were speaking his language.

robster94gt

Outer Banks
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2006 Honda Element 1994 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am not quite sure about mounting the JBL? I considered doing something on the swing gate where the accessory ready points are. I wish it fit under the rear seat but it is just barely too big to fit on the ledge under the seat. It definitely needs to be secure before hitting the trails.

The JBL was wired to both rear speakers at first and was very underwhelming, I rewired it to the front drivers side kick panel and it became twice as loud, I do still need to wire it to the passenger kick panel 6.5 but I ran out of time before having to take the Bronco to 4WP for the leveling kit install. This will be the first thing I do once we get it back, after pictures of course.

The grommet in the firewall was already there, unused in our Outer Banks, not sure if it is used for the B&O or something else in other trims? I poked a hole just smaller than the power line to push through the power wire and still have a tight seal.

The amp install kit we purchased came with 18 gauge speaker wire.

Over all I did a ton of poking around to learn about the Bronco while completing the install. Now I have a few hours of finalizing the install and making everything look as clean as possible. Tesa tape, soldering, and some form of insulation in the pods are next up to wrap up this project.
Hi,
I've installed a powered sub in our bronco - I tapped the high level inputs on the sub to the speaker wires in kick panels - The sub is not turning on - it has power, but it seems like it is not being trigged to turn on when it 'hears' the sound coming from the tapped wires.

I'm not sure if I've done this correctly - I tapped into the wires indicated on the wiring diagram, just before the connector that clips into the factory speakers. It was the outer two on the 4 wire harness. Could you confirm this is the right place and wires to splice into?

Thanks - Love your videos.

Rob

F1NDx

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hi,
I've installed a powered sub in our bronco - I tapped the high level inputs on the sub to the speaker wires in kick panels - The sub is not turning on - it has power, but it seems like it is not being trigged to turn on when it 'hears' the sound coming from the tapped wires.

I'm not sure if I've done this correctly - I tapped into the wires indicated on the wiring diagram, just before the connector that clips into the factory speakers. It was the outer two on the 4 wire harness. Could you confirm this is the right place and wires to splice into?

Thanks - Love your videos.

Rob
what powered sub are you running? I plan on doing this exact project tomorrow.
Already successfully swapped out all the speakers and added in bass blockers (huge difference), so that is the last part of the project haha

robster94gt

Outer Banks
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
what powered sub are you running? I plan on doing this exact project tomorrow.
Already successfully swapped out all the speakers and added in bass blockers (huge difference), so that is the last part of the project haha
Hi,
It's the Crutchfield Sound Ordinance B-8PTD. I was going to start with this and see how much it improved the overall sound. I'd be interested in what speakers you used for the swap. Good luck with the install - Looking forward to seeing what wires you used.
Cheers,
Rob

Sponsored

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hi,
It's the Crutchfield Sound Ordinance B-8PTD. I was going to start with this and see how much it improved the overall sound. I'd be interested in what speakers you used for the swap. Good luck with the install - Looking forward to seeing what wires you used.
Cheers,
Rob
Did you tune the amp? Adjust the gain level?

robster94gt

Outer Banks
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did you tune the amp? Adjust the gain level?
Hi,
I got the sub working - I called crutchfield and they told me to use the remote power on connection, even though I'm using the high level leads with the auto-on. They said that the single might be too low to activate the amp. I patched into the 12v socket in the cargo area. The Amp power light came on but still no sound. I disconnected my speaker wires and tested the connector plug. I end up noticing that on the left side leads, there was no continuity when I tested with a multimeter. So I wired in just the right side, and it started working. Somehow the bad leads on the left channel were cancelling out everything.
I'm glad it works. I'll just need to see what's going on with the driver's side leads I ran.

Sounds good, btw.

robster94gt

Outer Banks
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey all, quick update on my powered sub install.
I found out the 12v sockets in the Bronco seem to be always on, so I ended up tapping into the rear wiper wire on the left side of the cargo area.
Got everything mounted and buttoned up, and mounted the bass control knob in the arm rest.

sub3.jpg

sub2.jpg

sub1.jpg

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was eyeballing the 10” Kicker powered sub, I’ll have to compare measurements with the Sound Ordinance B-8PTD to see if there is a chance of it fitting.

robster94gt

Outer Banks
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
here are the measurements for both - Sound Ordinance on the left
Ford Bronco Base Outer Banks 2021 Bronco Speakers Upgrade Tutorial -- With Stereo Wiring Diagram sub.PNG

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
here are the measurements for both - Sound Ordinance on the left
Ford Bronco Base Outer Banks 2021 Bronco Speakers Upgrade Tutorial -- With Stereo Wiring Diagram sub.PNG
Thanks for posting those. Do you think there is room for the Kicker 10?

robster94gt

Outer Banks
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for posting those. Do you think there is room for the Kicker 10?
I can't say for sure - there's one area where things might be tight where panel clips into the chassis.

I would think it would it fit, but you could be sure if you took out the panel and got in there and measured things out and got an idea of what it would take to mount.
Sponsored