jddunfee

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Great video. Thank you for the information. It will be very helpful in the future. You guys are awesomeđź‘Ť
Sponsored

False

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
You guys are awesome for doing this! I definitely planned on self upgrading the stock system so this is massively helpful!

OP
OP
BroncoTPA

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BroncoTPA, Good write up. Here's the actual 6 speaker drawing.

Ford Bronco Base Outer Banks 2021 Bronco Speakers Upgrade Tutorial -- With Stereo Wiring Diagram 6 Speaker System
Thank you for sharing, I searched all over for this. I will have to go back and confirm my positive and negatives are wired right.

Michael Haun

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands CO
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great Video. Any thoughts on putting Marine speakers in First thought I had seeing your top down in the video was getting rained on.

Sponsored

Mybbackpacker

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 FJ cruiser (just sold), 18 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great video. Thanks!

jmoney

Big Bend
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
great video! If you were just going to add the 4 inch speakers in the front and back, 1) what would your purchase choices be, and 2) will that alone make a significant difference in your opinion?

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Maybe it’s just me, or my phone, but the stock speakers sound a lot better to my ear than the 4” Kenwood you swapped in. The Kenwood sounds tinny and cheap, which is what I would expect for $30…. I tried to listen at different volumes and without watching to screen to listen for quality differences….. you definitely lost the richness of sound there with that speaker swap.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you! We are trying to contribute as much as possible. I am so used to researching before jumping into a project and in this case trying to fill in the gaps as much as possible. I just wish I was am expert, at best I am a simple garage tools novice.
This is exactly how you become an expert. Good job!

OP
OP
BroncoTPA

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

great video! If you were just going to add the 4 inch speakers in the front and back, 1) what would your purchase choices be, and 2) will that alone make a significant difference in your opinion?
Nice findings!!! I was expecting to have the review on the whole system once you installed everything with the Bass.

I hope you can do another video with the entire system setup
I have a little more work to do on the sub to get it performing at it best. Once done we will make a video of top down and top up both sitting still and moving around 50 mph.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncoTPA

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In order to hear the lyrics at higher volumes it would make a huge difference. I am not a speaker expert but I really like how the Kenwood's sound and honestly I expected them to be temporary solutions while I figured something else out.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
FYI, if you have polarity correct on one side and swapped on the other, the speakers will cancel out a lot of the richness, volume and especially bass. Take one side off and swap the wires, it will either sound better or worse. There is also the possibility you could have the fronts fighting the rears, so it may be worth swapping both front speaker polarities once you get the fronts in sync. Obviously if you can get a diagram, that would be the easiest route though.

OP
OP
BroncoTPA

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe it’s just me, or my phone, but the stock speakers sound a lot better to my ear than the 4” Kenwood you swapped in. The Kenwood sounds tinny and cheap, which is what I would expect for $30…. I tried to listen at different volumes and without watching to screen to listen for quality differences….. you definitely lost the richness of sound there with that speaker swap.
Overall the richness is there after the complete swap and the JBL, especially with the top and doors on. I also need to make sure all of my positive and negative connections are correct, that may change things a bit.

OP
OP
BroncoTPA

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great Video. Any thoughts on putting Marine speakers in First thought I had seeing your top down in the video was getting rained on.
I did consider it but really the where the speakers are located they seem to be rather protected from rain so I figure this would be a good test.

Tony Badlands

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you! Parts on order b/c the base stereo is really that bad.
Sponsored