Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can clearly hear the bass distortion of the new speaker. It sounds terrible. The factory speaker sounds muffled but it isn't distorting at least.
You can’t clearly hear anything with the audio compression on YouTube and the phone microphone.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

peta8368

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't think that's it. @peta868 posted a couple of links that look correct in this thread. Just some out of this world price (bulk price maybe, it wasn't clear).
yah, that price seems outrageous. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find any other seller with that plug/pigtail. I do have to admit that I'm not a pro at this, someone with more experience may have a better idea on where to look.

I did send an email to that seller, to see how many comes for that $78 price tag. If it's 100, then it MAY be doable ordering in bulk. Each person would need 4, so that only needs 25 people on board. We'll see.

Peter

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yah, that price seems outrageous. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find any other seller with that plug/pigtail. I do have to admit that I'm not a pro at this, someone with more experience may have a better idea on where to look.

I did send an email to that seller, to see how many comes for that $78 price tag. If it's 100, then it MAY be doable ordering in bulk. Each person would need 4, so that only needs 25 people on board. We'll see.

Peter
I am in for my 4. ;)

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe it’s just me, or my phone, but the stock speakers sound a lot better to my ear than the 4” Kenwood you swapped in. The Kenwood sounds tinny and cheap, which is what I would expect for $30…. I tried to listen at different volumes and without watching to screen to listen for quality differences….. you definitely lost the richness of sound there with that speaker swap.
Is it me or do the new speakers she installed sound tinny and distorted? I put on my earbuds and sounds completely different vs. my computer speaker. I know the stock ones don't sound great and are muted, but that distortion would kill me. Yes the "high's are louder on the Kenwood but they don't sound good.
Soft focus on the speaker choice and review, people! Even the OP doesn't know if it will be permanent

The DIY processes, procedures and details are the important part and of great value to the forum which shouldn't be derailed.

That said...I agree with your assessment.

OP
OP
BroncoTPA

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Soft focus on the speaker choice and review, people! Even the OP doesn't know if it will be permanent

The DIY processes, procedures and details are the important part and of great value to the forum which shouldn't be derailed.

That said...I agree with your assessment.
Thank you! And yes, as the OP this was definitely a test and we will continue to explore options. Ultimately I was not expecting to keep the Kenwood's but they were available so I figured we would try them out and see where we go next. I will say that we got the Kenwood's sounding better after playing with the sound adjustments.

I really appreciate the discussion here and have learned a lot that I was unable to find just a few days ago. At this pace we will have a nice resource of parts and harness adapters.

peta8368

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think I found it. (Molex page actually have an interactive model of it, so you can spin it around to check indexing groove location, etc)

https://www.molex.com/molex/products/part-detail/crimp_housings/0310671041

there are a number of variants. The one we need is polarization B. The xmas tree variants simply have a slot on the side for attaching to something else. don't think it's needed in this application.

And here's it is on Mouser.com
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Molex/31067-1041?qs=/ha2pyFaduhxdZOTGmaJU9k6C3bCaTton18hTyYKq9nqgZ0B4E/AqA==

Sponsored

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think I found it. (Molex page actually have an interactive model of it, so you can spin it around to check indexing groove location, etc)

https://www.molex.com/molex/products/part-detail/crimp_housings/0310671041

there are a number of variants. The one we need is polarization B. The xmas tree variants simply have a slot on the side for attaching to something else. don't think it's needed in this application.

And here's it is on Mouser.com
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Molex/31067-1041?qs=/ha2pyFaduhxdZOTGmaJU9k6C3bCaTton18hTyYKq9nqgZ0B4E/AqA==
12 week lead time. Damn.

peta8368

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

12 week lead time. Damn.
one the plus side, a large quantity is already on order, with an ETA. So by mid October, people should be able to just order this and have it ship out within days. Mouser does charge $7.99 shipping though, whether you order 1 or 100 of these... localized group buy may be in order....

Peter

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
one the plus side, a large quantity is already on order, with an ETA. So by mid October, people should be able to just order this and have it ship out within days. Mouser does charge $7.99 shipping though, whether you order 1 or 100 of these... localized group buy may be in order....

Peter
Those still require some DIY to pin and insert the wires right, then crimp on the appropriate connectors on the other end? I've inserted pins into connectors before it's fiddly and kind of a PITA to do for just a few pieces. Would be happy to pay someone a premium to get everything ready to go, no assembly required.

peta8368

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Those still require some DIY to pin and insert the wires right, then crimp on the appropriate connectors on the other end? I've inserted pins into connectors before it's fiddly and kind of a PITA to do for just a few pieces. Would be happy to pay someone a premium to get everything ready to go, no assembly required.
yah, definitely would prefer to spend $10 for a pack of 4, pre-made. I am sure Metra will come out with something eventually. This is just seeing if any commonly available parts can be adapted to fit (and that is looking less and less likely)

Peter

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah at that point I'd rather just splice it.
Sponsored