Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevrolet Impala, 2017 Ford Explorer,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No worries, appreciate the info! My Memphis speakers are due to be here Monday.

Should have plenty of time over the weekend to get the adapters.

How is the sound from the Focals? Also, if you replaced the 4", did you install a capacitor in line?

I didn't check the one that is on the stock speakers to see the size but that's on my list.

Thanks - Chris
The Focals actually are night an day difference. I did replace the 4" speakers as well. I didn't have speaker adaptors but cut the wire long enough to reuse the factory speakers. I also installed 600 hz inline frequency filters. System sounds amazing!

Photo Jul 10, 8 39 24 PM.jpg

Photo Jul 10, 6 57 02 PM.jpg
Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Focals actually are night an day difference. I did replace the 4" speakers as well. I didn't have speaker adaptors but cut the wire long enough to reuse the factory speakers. I also installed 600 hz inline frequency filters. System sounds amazing!

Ford Bronco Base Outer Banks 2021 Bronco Speakers Upgrade Tutorial -- With Stereo Wiring Diagram Photo Jul 10, 6 57 02 PM

Ford Bronco Base Outer Banks 2021 Bronco Speakers Upgrade Tutorial -- With Stereo Wiring Diagram Photo Jul 10, 6 57 02 PM
Sorry, i haven't followed every single post in this thread, but i just had two questions.

Did you install an amp with the focals as well, or are they just hooked up to the factory head unit?

Did you install the filter to further limit the frequencies sent to the 4 inch speakers? Would it be horrible to not include them? Haven't done much with filters in car audio before.

Thanks!

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you install the filter to further limit the frequencies sent to the 4 inch speakers? Would it be horrible to not include them? Haven't done much with filters in car audio before.

Thanks!
If the factory wiring has any sort of crossover / filter built into them I would bypass them with aftermarket speaker wire and use the crossovers provided with the replacement speakers. If they are built into the speakers only, then it may not be an issue. The factory crossovers are more than likely designed to knee cap low frequencies that aftermarket speakers could be capable of producing without issue.

Peter Gosenya

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone with high package looked to see if there is a plug for the sub? Iā€™ve used the ones in f150s and turned them on in forscan. You still have to run power from the battery but having a factory sub line out is nice. On the synce 3 you could change the speaker outs from the head unit from high to line level. Iā€™m hoping this option will be available on sync 4.
Iā€˜m really enjoying watching you guys improve your systems. I canā€™t wait tIā€™ll I can work on mine.

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Canā€™t wait for the follow up video! Any idea when your going to upload to the tubes?

Sponsored

Budewr

Raptor
First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
wow unplugging the speaker is so easy!! i was worried about the stock soundsystem the non lux one

how many inch speakers were those that can fit into the bronco? its so easy i cant belive it! no trouble to plug it in!

Gobraphil

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I haven't gotten the adapter for the 4" yet, but I got them on Amazon so I can return if they are not correct. l hope to find out by next week.
Which adapter did you order for the 4ā€ speaker?

dduvic

Outer Banks
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I absolutely hear some of the tinniness in the installed speakers. Much less muffled but Iā€™m curious if the stock ones are muffled as a result of water proofing. Definitely an upgrade Iā€™m looking to do but personally Iā€™d rather go with water resistant/marine speakers vs regular car audio speakers.
These are what Iā€™m planning to order to put in dash and head bar. They are marine grade and have a lot of good reviews.
Polk Audio DB402 DB+ Series 4" Coaxial Speakers with Marine Certification

dduvic

Outer Banks
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The irony is if I follow this link Amazon immediately tells me that this wonā€™t fit my Ford Bronco, I guess from previous searches.
They may have changed the plugs on the newer vehicles? I did not look up what adapter would be needed for the Bronco. I used these for my F-150, saved a lot of time.

Sponsored

Budewr

Raptor
First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Ford Bronco Base Outer Banks 2021 Bronco Speakers Upgrade Tutorial -- With Stereo Wiring Diagram photo-jul-10-8-39-24-pm-
hey man! how much did those cost you? im looking for something really good for my wildtrak, also how many inches those woofers that can fit into the bronco?

JGee

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just completed the upgrade of the 4 four inch speakers on my base system, but in my case I used Pioneer TS-G400's, which are also 2 way and similar in design to the Kenwoods. Definite high end improvement over stock and imaging with the tweeters is better. When I was removing the factory four inchers I noticed that each had a crossover capacitor installed, which I suspect rolls off the lows to these. I did not notice any bass overloading at high volumes through the Pioneers so I am quite happy with the improvement. Its worth playing with the tone controls on the Sync 4 after installation of the new speakers. Now I don't run the treble up to 100 %! No problems with speaker grill interference with the Pioneers either. I did also buy the 6.5 inch Kenwood speakers mentioned in the video, but I am a little reluctant to replace them for two reasons.... the video stated that the installation took a long time, and the improvement in sound wasn't as dramatic as replacing the four inch speakers. So maybe tackle that another day. Next stop subwoofer, need to do some research on options there.

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't think anyone would want to be responsible for you smoking your factory system, but a 3ohm speaker should be ok. I ordered some Infinity 4" and they are 3ohm. The resistance is "nominal" so depending on the signal going through the speaker, it will vary anyway. What I can't tell is if the front speakers are wired in series or parallel. That would make a difference. If you changed to 2 (dash and kick panel), 3 ohm speakers per side, wired in parallel, might present to little resistance (1.5 ohm nominal) and the factory system could experience some trouble with shutting down, over heating or even the outputs being damaged. Maybe when the OP takes things apart, he can check the resistance at the kick panel speaker to make sure?
I was leaning toward Inifinity reference as well. Did they fit okay? Not sure what I was looking at but it looks like the max depth is about 3" and the 4" infinity appear to be a depth of 3.5"

disregard: I saw your subsequent posts about the sound which leads me to believe they went in without issue. Thanks!

Last edited:

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was leaning toward Inifinity reference as well. Did they fit okay? Not sure what I was looking at but it looks like the max depth is about 3" and the 4" infinity appear to be a depth of 3.5"
I show they are 47.3mm mounting depth, which is about 1.9". On paper, should not be any issues with fitment.

Ford Bronco Base Outer Banks 2021 Bronco Speakers Upgrade Tutorial -- With Stereo Wiring Diagram infinity

jh3113

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just completed the upgrade of the 4 four inch speakers on my base system, but in my case I used Pioneer TS-G400's, which are also 2 way and similar in design to the Kenwoods. Definite high end improvement over stock and imaging with the tweeters is better. When I was removing the factory four inchers I noticed that each had a crossover capacitor installed, which I suspect rolls off the lows to these. I did not notice any bass overloading at high volumes through the Pioneers so I am quite happy with the improvement. Its worth playing with the tone controls on the Sync 4 after installation of the new speakers. Now I don't run the treble up to 100 %! No problems with speaker grill interference with the Pioneers either. I did also buy the 6.5 inch Kenwood speakers mentioned in the video, but I am a little reluctant to replace them for two reasons.... the video stated that the installation took a long time, and the improvement in sound wasn't as dramatic as replacing the four inch speakers. So maybe tackle that another day. Next stop subwoofer, need to do some research on options there.
Did you end up buying adapters to make the wiring easier? If so, which ones worked?

Thanks
Sponsored