Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I drive in sport mode 90% of the time as it is in my m240i. I like having the extra oomph when needed. Not sure why they excluded it on the BL.
What are you going to use the Bronco for?
Sponsored

Cali Gaucho

Base
First Name
Cali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Use it to "Go Over Any Terrain" of course..

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
What are you going to use the Bronco for?
Trips to Tahoe where thereā€™s an off-road trail up the road from my daughter and son in law. Hoping to recreate some of my big brothers old off road adventures in his Broncoā€™s (he died 2 yrs ago and never got to experience the long awaited Bronco relaunch). I have horses and dogs as well so Iā€™m often hauling their gear around. Plus Iā€™m looking forward to learning something new. You?

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I drive in sport mode 90% of the time as it is in my m240i. I like having the extra oomph when needed. Not sure why they excluded it on the BL.
We are not talking about your m240i.

Does anyone know how sport mode really effects the drive of the Bronco with the 2.7?

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My wife said get what you want as long as itā€™s a 4 door and has heated seats, meaning the base was out (mid pkg required). So moving up in trim, a mid BD squatch is a much better value to me than a mid BB squatch. Iā€™d rather take top off with no rain/mildew seats worries over the sig lights, considering itā€™s almost the exact same price. As far as MGV seats baking in the Texas sun w the top off, a towel over the seats while parked will solve that issue.

Sponsored

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base

Does anyone know how sport mode really effects the drive of the Bronco with the 2.7?
I was merely stating that I use Sport mode a lot, therefore it is important to me. Iā€™m not speaking for others.

OP
OP

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Trips to Tahoe where thereā€™s an off-road trail up the road from my daughter and son in law. Hoping to recreate some of my big brothers old off road adventures in his Broncoā€™s (he died 2 yrs ago and never got to experience the long awaited Bronco relaunch). I have horses and dogs as well so Iā€™m often hauling their gear around. Plus Iā€™m looking forward to learning something new. You?
Sounds like fun! Awesome...

We have a vacation home in the Rockies. We will take it there and leave it all summer. We will use it to replace our side by side. We like to drive the 4wheel trails and explore. Also camping and fishing..

OP
OP

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does the base trim have carpet or vinyl flooring?

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

Nicky107

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I went with the Black Diamond non SAS. I had to have the mid package. One of the biggest selling points above the mgv, washout floors,etcā€¦ was being able to start my BD using the fob. The push start capabilty. I donā€™t have that now in my ā€˜17 explorer, but I do in my 19ā€™ F-150. Little details like that. The only thing I miss is the sig lights.

lenitech

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco, 2021 Base Sasquatch (AMB)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I went with the Black Diamond non SAS. I had to have the mid package. One of the biggest selling points above the mgv, washout floors,etcā€¦ was being able to start my BD using the fob. The push start capabilty. I donā€™t have that now in my ā€˜17 explorer, but I do in my 19ā€™ F-150. Little details like that. The only thing I miss is the sig lights.
It has already been confirmed that the base has remote start using the ford pass app on your phone.

lenitech

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco, 2021 Base Sasquatch (AMB)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I test drove a 2dr Wildtrack and drove it in both normal and sport modes. Sport mode eliminates the turbo lag when going slow. It also puts the transfer case in 4A.

mjopp

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I test drove a 2dr Wildtrack and drove it in both normal and sport modes. Sport mode eliminates the turbo lag when going slow. It also puts the transfer case in 4A.
I've driven in Normal, Eco, and Sport on road and always come back to driving in Sport mode. I'm getting ~18 mpg and is plenty of power to get up to speed on highways.

For me, the Base trim + Sasquatch package was the way to go because of how capable it as at the price point. If you build and price a 2-door Wrangler Rubicon with an automatic V6 and a hard top, you're $2k+ more expensive than a Base Bronco with the Sasquatch package with an automatic V6. Others have pointed it out, but if you're spec'ing a $50k+ Bronco and comparing comfort/luxury against other SUVs at that price point, the Bronco loses out. The standard stereo is extremely basic, there's a lot of plastic inside, the upgraded seats are kind of weird (I actually prefer the cloth seats).

The biggest benefits I saw to maybe going up a higher trim level was going all the way up to Badlands for the washout interior, stabilizer bar disconnect, bash plate, washout interior, and Cyber Orange. Just couldn't justify all that for another 10k.
Sponsored