Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fiesta SFE, Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like mostly-all was covered already, and good summary of what is not available on Base compared to BD. I'm having that same conflict myself, but it includes the Badlands (for the disconnect) as I'm a bit split on the three trims but leaning heavily Badlands compared to the BD, though I'm attracted to Base still. The biggie(s) that makes me turn from Base is the wash-out flooring, and to a less-extent, the vinyl seats. The other would be the tow-package. Not so much for the receiver itself but having that 7-pin pre-wired factory and ready-to-go is what I'd want. If the base had a wash-out interior option, I think that would be the tipping point of going base and just hoping for sway-bar quick-disconnects in the aftermarket.

Sounds like the only reason why the OP mentioned the one goat mode (rock crawl) is because that's the only one they'd use? There is another mode the base doesn't have I believe: Mud/Ruts. Though most may consider it useless I suppose. As for the Goat Modes, I have to be honest that I *probably* wouldn't ever use them, but it is sort of a "nice-to-have" for me. I understand they do simple things such as essentially flipping function switches (4 hi/lo, sway bar disco, etc) but the modes that affect throttle mapping and related advanced functions (I can't recall all the functionality but I do recall a table that was made on what they do - @North7 probably has a spreadsheet :)). Anyway, the modes may actually be useful when in a complicated situation with the automatic. Probably unlikely, but it's something I considered.
Sponsored

gocats132

Base
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
for $4500 more you get, marine vinyl seats, washout interior, aux switches, mod front bumper and bash plate, steel rear bumper

If you're not gonna go mid package I would just go BaseSquatch and option the aux switches and add your own bumpers/armor
That’s exactly what I did

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If you have no interest in mid I would not get the BD. You can add bumpers and rock rails for far cheaper than $4000. The vinyl seats and hard floors alone aren't worth the premium imo.

If no mid basesquatch
If mid BDsquatch
Why not "if mid then BigBend Squatch"?

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Looks like mostly-all was covered already, and good summary of what is not available on Base compared to BD. I'm having that same conflict myself, but it includes the Badlands (for the disconnect) as I'm a bit split on the three trims but leaning heavily Badlands compared to the BD, though I'm attracted to Base still. The biggie(s) that makes me turn from Base is the wash-out flooring, and to a less-extent, the vinyl seats. The other would be the tow-package. Not so much for the receiver itself but having that 7-pin pre-wired factory and ready-to-go is what I'd want. If the base had a wash-out interior option, I think that would be the tipping point of going base and just hoping for sway-bar quick-disconnects in the aftermarket.

Sounds like the only reason why the OP mentioned the one goat mode (rock crawl) is because that's the only one they'd use? There is another mode the base doesn't have I believe: Mud/Ruts. Though most may consider it useless I suppose. As for the Goat Modes, I have to be honest that I *probably* wouldn't ever use them, but it is sort of a "nice-to-have" for me. I understand they do simple things such as essentially flipping function switches (4 hi/lo, sway bar disco, etc) but the modes that affect throttle mapping and related advanced functions (I can't recall all the functionality but I do recall a table that was made on what they do - @North7 probably has a spreadsheet :)). Anyway, the modes may actually be useful when in a complicated situation with the automatic. Probably unlikely, but it's something I considered.
I wouldn't get caught up in the sway bar disco until even one video emerges of a situation where the sway bar disco makes a lick of difference versus a bronco without. Every video I see it marginally increases articulation. The wheels are still well in the air or barely touching with the extra inch or two after the sway bar is disconnected. It's not like it's pushing downward force like a SFA would. A front locker and big tires are the critical element on an IFS offroader and basesquatch checks both.

Aftermarket can handle everything else for less and likely better quality: definitely for armor, rock rails, seat materials, etc.

The only real difference off-road would be the camera if you don't have a spotter, especially as wide as the bronco is, but that's a ton of money for just that one feature in my opinion.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why not "if mid then BigBend Squatch"?
the extras you get with BD over BB makes it worth the extra $2k plus the BB was never mentioned lol. I was in camp BB until I saw and sat in a BD and that made up my mind for me not to mention the extras on the exterior. The BD is an excellent value.

Sponsored

gocats132

Base
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
A lot of things (grab handle, grille, tint, tow pack, rock rails) can be taken care of aftermarket for a lot less $ than the trim upgrade costs. Also I don't think goat modes are worth worrying about. IMO the main things I feel that I'm sacrificing for the lower price of basesquatch are:

1. No Cyber Orange, A51, Cactus Grey, Lightning Blue, or Race Red. Love all these colors.
2. No Mid/High/Lux (only thing I'll miss is the 360 cam, but the other things are nice to have)
3. MGV/Leather seats (I actually prefer cloth, but mgv and leather are still very nice)
4. No Automatic sway bar disconnect from BL trim

To me, the subjective value of these things doesn't justify the extra $$$, but if they matter to you, they would be hard to replicate aftermarket so it's probably worth upgrading trim.
I’m worried about the tow package. Will the wiring be there for the trailer brakes and lights? I hope so

Hamhands

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I ordered 4 door base hardtop with switches.
It will be fun for me to spend my money on aftermarket accessories I want.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Building both in build and price (2.7, 10 speed, soft top, SAS) the BD comes in at $6000 more.
If I remove the $1495 mid package I am still $4500 higher.
BD gives me rock crawl goat mode and vinyl seats, tow hooks and rock rails.
I plan on taking it off road and on the rocks but is rock crawl goat mode and rock rails worth $4500?
My 4Dr Base 2.7L Sasquatch will be at my dealer tomorrow or Monday. Already paid for it and sold mt car.

IMHO, GOAT modes are worth next to nothing. You need to understand when you need rear lockers, front lockers or both. You need to understand gearing. You don't need rock crawl mode, you can replicate it with other settings. Only Mode that matters to me is Sport for when I'm on the highway.

If you want extra metal on the exterior and you like sweaty vinyl seats, then splurge for the Black Diamond, but don't think for a minute that it's more capable than Base Squatch. BD will be heavier than base too.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

As for the Goat Modes, I have to be honest that I *probably* wouldn't ever use them, but it is sort of a "nice-to-have" for me. I understand they do simple things such as essentially flipping function switches (4 hi/lo, sway bar disco, etc) but the modes that affect throttle mapping and related advanced functions (I can't recall all the functionality but I do recall a table that was made on what they do - @North7 probably has a spreadsheet :)). Anyway, the modes may actually be useful when in a complicated situation with the automatic. Probably unlikely, but it's something I considered.
I don't buy @Natai does...

Bronco GOAT Modes Guide by Trim - Compiled and Confirmed Info 🐐

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

IMO here are the value options:

BaseSquach
Black Diamond (non-SAS)
BadLands (add SAS if you are really rock crawling)

When I crunched #s it came down to BD-SAS was the same as BL. I think there's a reason BL is the most popular build, and if you want add a level/lift and some bigger tires down the road if you want the SAS look. BaseSquach is a fantastic overall value, and BD is the best bet for the in-between needs.

Sponsored
OP
OP

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BaseSquach
Black Diamond (non-SAS)

When I crunched #s it came down to BD-SAS was the same as BL. I think there's a reason BL is the most popular build, and if you want add a level/lift and some bigger tires down the road if you want the SAS look. BaseSquach is a fantastic overall value, and BD is the best bet for the in-between needs.
BD SAS might be the same price wise as a BL but if I add SAS to BL then it's thousands more. I would much prefer 35's for rock crawling.. If I have to add a lift and bigger tires later you are just as well to do it when you order

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've been considering those two exact builds as well and I agree with most people's responses. If the SAS was at least about $1,200 less on the BD than base, it would start to get tempting. But it is only about $500 less. As it is, I'll be going aftermarket for seat covers, bumpers and hooks, floor liners, and tow.

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base

BaseSquach
Black Diamond (non-SAS)

No Sport mode on the BL would be a deal breaker for me. I went BD to be somewhere in the middle. Looking forward to future aftermarket tops as I’m getting the soft top, but I missed out on the free pre-wiring unfortunately.

OP
OP

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No Sport mode on the BL would be a deal breaker for me. I went BD to be somewhere in the middle. Looking forward to future aftermarket tops as I’m getting the soft top, but I missed out on the free pre-wiring unfortunately.
What's so great about sport mode? My F150 has it. It holds the shift points longer and has slightly better throttle response. You planning on racing your Bronco from stop light to stop light? LOL

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
What's so great about sport mode? My F150 has it. It holds the shift points longer and has slightly better throttle response. You planning on racing your Bronco from stop light to stop light? LOL
I drive in sport mode 90% of the time as it is in my m240i. I like having the extra oomph when needed. Not sure why they excluded it on the BL.
Sponsored