Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Still connected
Impressive. This is one of the few wheeling videos I have seen that shows clearly the front travel when still connected with the Sasquatch suspension. Still a good amount of travel and it also demonstrates how much more important the lockers are with this kind of setup. Good video showing off the IFS as well as with a solid axle there would have been a few front diff catchers on some of the lines you took. Good demo.
Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for sharing.. Is that in rock crawl mode? I've gotta say it is disappointing if the gearing is so tall in low, way too fast for serious rock work just from watching.
This is a lesson I had to learn in my Ranger. Use the thumb shifter when rock crawling to lock yourself into 1st gear so the truck doesnt lurch as much. Probably not a very big issue in the Bronco and I didnt notice it when I took a Bronco off road on Monday. I'm a fairly serious rock crawling kind of guy, for reference.

Lobber

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BFG's tend to run small. I plan on putting the exact same tire/wheels on my base sasquatch 2 door when ever it eventually gets here.
On the jeep forums they say that even though it's a 37" tire once mounted it's more like 35.5" not trying to start anything but any chance you could measure those tires on your rig? And are they load range C or D?
I don't know that the BFG's are that small but probably closer to 36" than 37", I'm running a similar setup on mine with Goodyear MT/R's 37x12.5 and they defiantly have a few clearance issues I'm working on clearing up.

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

10/10 on this video. Thank you for sharing!

6ECFF1B2-50A1-4005-AA1B-4BF0E5B2EE92.jpeg

poconochris

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Great video, I'm wondering if you used the Sway bar disconnect if you would rub the tires in the wheel wells. Did you test full travel?

Please Ford, Build my Bronco!!!

Sponsored

TXAG96

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Bullitt, '01 Boxster, '87 TBird Turbo Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thank you for sharing.. Is that in rock crawl mode? I've gotta say it is disappointing if the gearing is so tall in low, way too fast for serious rock work just from watching.

@Oscargrouch323

Your build looks great! Also, while I am definitely not criticizing your driving skills, it looked really jerky and bouncy. What are your thoughts on that?

I’ve been crawling for a long time and like a nice smooth grippy controlled ride. It looked like every time you hit an obstacle, the rig would bounce and stop losing forward momentum requiring more skinny pedal to get back on top. I get the tire pressure thing, I normally run around 6psi fully beadlocked, auto, 5.38 gears and spend more time feathering the brake than on the gas. Just curious to hear your opinions and future plans :cool:

I would consider that being cautious and getting used to a brand new vehicle. I noticed at Off Roadeo that the Bronco brakes were very touchy at slow speed and it will take some getting used to the throttle and brake positions and sensitivity. I think the gearing is fine.

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I had to much air in my tires. 20 psi. My crawler I run 5 psi bit has beadlocks. I ordered the rings for these wheels but their out a few months.

So, what is your other rig? You're crawler?

ProSim

First Name
Pro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Nice BaseSquatch OP! Cool video too. The last 15 seconds looked like the most fun to me!

BLMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Ultimate Wrangler and two other normal cars
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With tires being so hard to get. I basickly got the same for the 35's as the new 37's
Did you just throw the OG tires on Craigslist? I would like to upgrade the wheels on mine, when it get's here (I am being positive by using "when"), but was planning on just reusing the rubber. So the rims would need to go.

Sponsored

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just dont tell that guy in the blue bronco that it was driver error. I did and he went off, that I didn't know what I was talking about. An to go wheel with him to show him my skills..lol
I am not a crawler, but I know when things start bouncing you'd better have one bad ass vehicle.
I've seen people break stuff in mud when spinning wheels hit an immovable object.

sbonomo

Wildtrak
First Name
stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M3/F-150 XL eco beast
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I now have quick disconnect sway bar links. I'll be posting on my next video.
Link please! If you are making custom slider i will also be interested in those (i live in LA so local is). Is it bad to start ordering upgraded parts prior to even getting my bronco in :). I am new to this board but extremely excited that you all are posting video's already of my local 4x4 areas. I am sure there is forum listed but i am always looking for folks to ride with.

OP
OP

Oscargrouch323

Base
First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ac-fab.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Link please! If you are making custom slider i will also be interested in those (i live in LA so local is). Is it bad to start ordering upgraded parts prior to even getting my bronco in :). I am new to this board but extremely excited that you all are posting video's already of my local 4x4 areas. I am sure there is forum listed but i am always looking for folks to ride with.
Everything is on back order so good to order asap.. IL be building a bunch of stuff sliders bumpers roof rails. Let me know..

Free Pizza

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great video. Nice rig. Is there something strange about the bronco where their head lights are just on all the time?
Sponsored