M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey all,

New to the big knobby tire world…can someone recommend the mileage for tire rotation? I just hit 4k and wondering if it’s already time?
Sponsored

JKommuter

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
I changed the oil and rotated all 5 tires every 4k miles on my JK. The 315 70r 17 Duratracs had over 50k miles on them when I sold it and the JK had 187k. I plan to do the same with my Bronco.

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I changed the oil and rotated all 5 tires every 4k miles on my JK. The 315 70r 17 Duratracs had over 50k miles on them when I sold it and the JK had 187k. I plan to do the same with my Bronco.
If you rotate all 5, wouldn't the 5th one be a little off from the others since it hadn't been used at all yet?

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Should be in the manual...

JKommuter

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you rotate all 5, wouldn't the 5th one be a little off from the others since it hadn't been used at all yet?
I guess technically, but they don't wear that fast. By rotating the spare in, the tires last longer, like 20%. Also if you don't rotate it in, the fifth will still be old and weather checked when its time to buy new tires, so you still need to buy 5. Might as well get some use out of the spare.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mountainguy

Mountainguy

Base
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve called 2 shops this morning (one being Ford service) and they both refuse to rotate in the 5th 🙄

QUOTE="JKommuter, post: 925837, member: 25520"]
I guess technically, but they don't wear that fast. By rotating the spare in, the tires last longer, like 20%. Also if you don't rotate it in, the fifth will still be old and weather checked when its time to buy new tires, so you still need to buy 5. Might as well get some use out of the spare.
[/QUOTE]

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’ve called 2 shops this morning (one being Ford service) and they both refuse to rotate in the 5th 🙄
Take it to a Jiffy Lube, Valvoline Express or some other cheap/quick oil change service, and they'll do a 5-tire rotation fairly cheaply (whether you get an oil change or not). But watch them do it, so you know all 5 were rotated and not just 4.

Abundigas

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey all,

New to the big knobby tire world…can someone recommend the mileage for tire rotation? I just hit 4k and wondering if it’s already time?
On my Jeeps, with Mud Terrains, I always did the 4 tire rotation every oil change, or about 5k miles. I brought the rear tires straight forward to the front and I would cross to the front tires to the opposite rear side. It seemed to work well, also tire pressure was a major factor to how the tires would wear.

https://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/auto/learn/maintenance/tire-rotation

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not enough to worry about. And at the end of 60,000 miles, one of your tires might only have 55,000 miles (if you rotate every 5K miles). Insignificant.

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Another reason to rotate all 5, is so that at any given time, only 80-percent of your rubber (4 tires) is on the road (because 20-percent of your rubber [1 tire] is the spare on the tailgate).

That means after the vehicle has travelled 100K miles, each of the 5 tires has only 80K miles on them, because one tire is always taking a 'time-out' from road service. Follow a 4-tire rotation schedule, and you'll have 4 tires with 100K miles, and one with 0 miles.

EDIT: That means if you were able to squeeze 80K miles out of your tires, you wouldn't need to replace your tires until the vehicle travelled 100K miles assuming you're doing 5-tire rotations (because each tire would only have 80K miles on it after the vehicle travelled 100K miles). If you followed a 4-tire rotation schedule, you'd be replacing the tires after the vehicle travelled 80K miles.

Last edited:

Sponsored

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Base Sasquatch / tire rotation 1635427621196

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is the Bronco spare tire balanced? Does it have a TPMS sensor? When you rotate all 5, do you need to reprogram anything?
Asking because on some vehicles it can be a yes or no for all those questions.

Pat

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2019 Triumph Speed Triple
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Last edited:

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been seriously contemplating a Base steel wheel (or equivalent), and the lightest skinniest tire with proper matching diameter, to run as a full time spare that does not get rotated. Slap a cover on it, and call it a day. I plan to have at lest two sets of wheels and tires for seasonal duty, and do not wish to purchase an expensive 5th wheel and tire. It would also be nice to trim some of the fat with a light spare on the tailgate.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

this, better get use out of it before it dries/hardens up and starts cracking. by the way, covers won't slow down the process much. get it rotated in. DIY, it's not hard. just need the tools.
Sponsored