First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
No problem with the steelie look, but that's a LOT of open wheel well in non-CGI images.

They're tiny.
If you walk by a half dozen F-150s, I bet 4 of them will look like that. It is only because we are looking at them so closely that we think it looks too open. Look at other vehicles.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
As I have stated before, I have 2 sets of tires and wheels on my Mustang and I love it!
1. It gives me Winter tires with no extra cost of install (Discount tire swaps them for free because I bought the second set from them and I do NOT need to put the tires on the wheels with each swap).
2. Tires wear out about 1/2 as fast, so my cost for tires actually is NOT any higher. All I did was move up the purchase of the second set tires earlier.
3. The only incremental cost is the wheels. But that is the best way to change the look of the vehicle and give it a custom look without actually changing anything about the vehicle itself. I love swapping out the look of my Mustang twice a year.

I will get the 30s for daily driving and then get some 32s with a very custom alloy look for off-roading season.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
jason1114

jason1114

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I love them and if my wife didn't insist on having heated seats, a v6 base would be my choice. My Ranger has 30" tires and they're perfectly fine.
That’s what I’m thinking 2 door with a V6 I’ll be happy

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I kinda do and would consider it if I could get a rear locker with them.

But I can't so no base steelies for me.
This is one of the reasons I am waiting for the actual ordering guide over B&P. Ford's other web pages have been claiming all along you could add a rear locker all along (not as a package, but as an "option" the same as the mod bumper and rock rails). If that's the case, I am base all the way. Other vehicles on our property have 33's on 16" rims and look really cool IMO.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Base wheels have a good look to them. I think just changing the color (black, white, etc.) gives them a lot of flexibility in a custom look too.

If I could get the Base with even just a rear locker I‘d be done...of course front and rear locker would be ideal ??
Like I just replied to brocotect, I am not making a final decision until I see the ordering guide. Several places on Ford's website say you can get it without Sasquatch. If it ends up being a "no" on the rear locker for Base, I won't be using my early reservation because I need to save up more down payment for a BD (which is more than what I need).

sanford

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Subaru Crosstrek, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Love em

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I know they are form over function, but they just look so cheap and tacky. Looks like your rolling on spares or just needed wheels and thats what the junkyard had lol.

But more power to you guys that like em, glad ford is offering them for those that want it

Sponsored

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm planning on a 4dr base 2.7L, keeping the stock steelies and putting some 285/75 R16 MT tires on them and calling it a day. Maybe next black friday I'll upgrade to some nicer wheels. Looks like plenty of room for the larger tires on the rims. That's the biggest I wanted to go anyway since I'm planning some overland and cross-country road trips in it next year.

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
..I'm thinking,AMB base all the way...on the day I pick it up from the dealer,before I even leave the lot,I will have 8 throw away plastic bags..2 per brake...some blue painters tape..valves and lugs...2 cans of black paint and a can of clear coat...and yes 3 packs of playing cards...and be driving off the lot with black steelies...

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have my BD/Mid/GPS build sitting at dealer, but the base just keeps worming its way into my brain. I don't feel bad about Ford's strategy on trims, because personally I think they are delivery a great vehicle that we have all wanted. I do like to tinker a bit though, and it seems fun to slowly transform it.

I like the wheels, feels so old school.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
IF the Base came with a limited slip differential in the rear, it would be a strong contender. Just a simple 4 door, 2.7, and aftermarket everything else. Wear out a set of original tires, and go up in size with a leveling kit. I’ve satisfied all of my off road needs with a limited slip so far. Completely open differential? Negative. Nope. Not gonna happen. Instead, Basesquatch and Black Diamond are my top trims.

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I like the steelies...just need to be in black. I was never that much into silver/chrome trim or wheels on vehicles in general.
Sponsored