20Bronco21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
’22 Badlands, ‘23 Balands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you take a standard suspension Outer Banks two door and put the 33s on it for a visual idea of how it would look?

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks good!
Not a fan of the wheels though..

OP
OP
mxmerce

mxmerce

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford 150 Sport 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can you take a standard suspension Outer Banks two door and put the 33s on it for a visual idea of how it would look?
Here you go, looks good.

Outer Banks (Factory):
Ford Bronco Different Trims with 33s and Sasquatch Renderings Bronco_OuterBanks.JPG

Outer Banks 33s:
Ford Bronco Different Trims with 33s and Sasquatch Renderings Bronco_OuterBanks_33s.JPG

Outer Banks 35s(Sasquatch Package)
Ford Bronco Different Trims with 33s and Sasquatch Renderings Bronco_OuterBanks_35s.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
mxmerce

mxmerce

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford 150 Sport 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Standard Black Diamond:
Ford Bronco Different Trims with 33s and Sasquatch Renderings Bronco_BlackDiamond.JPG

Black Diamond on 33s:
Ford Bronco Different Trims with 33s and Sasquatch Renderings Bronco_BlackDiamond_33.JPG

Black Diamond with the Sasquatch on 35s:
Ford Bronco Different Trims with 33s and Sasquatch Renderings Bronco_BlackDiamond_35.JPG

I don't know guys, I'm leaning really hard toward the Black Diamond on 33s with a 2" lift, that would leave me with a locking rear and non-locking front(which is the worst part of going that route for me). I will also forfeit the position sensitive Bilstein shocks and high clearance suspension, fenders etc. IDK, I guess it will boil down to price in the end.

From a post on here, the 2.7L Ecoboost(Est. off F150): $995, 10-speed auto(mandatory for v6)(Est. off Mustang Ecoboost) $1595, Mid Package(Est off Ranger SuperCrew) $1135, Sasquatch Package for Badlands: $3055, for the Black Diamond Est. $5055(lacks the upgraded suspension of the bad lands). So my guess is Black Diamond pricing would be:

For the 33s, small engine and manual trans: $36,050(package price) + $2,250 (33s/wheels/lift est) + $1495 (Dealer Delivery) = $39,795 Est.

For the Sasquatch Package and everything that I really want): $36,050(package price) + $995(2.7L V6 upgrade) + $1595 (auto tranny upgrade) +$1135(Mid Package(Est off Ranger SuperCrew)) , $5055(Sasquatch) + $1495 Dealer Delivery = $46,325.00 Est.

Last edited:

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For the 33s, small engine and manual trans: $36,050(package price) + $2,250 (33s/wheels/lift est) + $1495 (Dealer Delivery) = $39,795 Est.

For the Sasquatch Package and everything that I really want): $36,050(package price) + $995(2.7L V6 upgrade) + $1595 (auto tranny upgrade) +$1135(Mid Package(Est off Ranger SuperCrew)) , $5055(Sasquatch) + $1495 Dealer Delivery = $46,325.00 Est.
No Buena Chico, I was hoping the auto/2.7 combo would be $1500 or less ;("""

20Bronco21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m really torn on the need for the 35s. Your Outer Banks on 33s rendition looks great and makes me lean toward the 33s with the advanced 4x4 option that will give me the locked front and rear. But I may be best served by the standard 4x4 with the 3:73 open rear differential. Time is on our side on this. Ultimately, this will be a pavement pounder and snow is my worst problem. The narrower 33s will be more effective in bad weather.
My thanks for the rendition.

Last edited:

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

if you don't go off roading that much, 33s should be enough. you could go with a 285 size ko2 style tire can get that large footprint look.
in the long term, when it's time to get new shocks, you can always upgrade to an aftermarket set with of Icon or Fox or King shocks. you'd then decide on what lift you want and what you are really using the bronco for.
you can also expect aftermarket companies to make lots of different fenders too.
IIRC, the manual BD non-sasq comes with the right gearing for 33s and 35s. forget what it is but it's unique to the BD and manual transmission. will have to find that spreadsheet that showed all the ratios.
You miss out on the front locker yes, but if that was a big issue then you'd need to get a higher trim and pay up. otherwise i don't see a front locker being a must. the rear locker with GOAT modes (using the TC) should get you out of any situation. IMO, front locker would be for rock crawling and if you do something dumb like get into deep sticky mud.

20Bronco21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
if you don't go off roading that much, 33s should be enough. you could go with a 285 size ko2 style tire can get that large footprint look.
in the long term, when it's time to get new shocks, you can always upgrade to an aftermarket set with of Icon or Fox or King shocks. you'd then decide on what lift you want and what you are really using the bronco for.
you can also expect aftermarket companies to make lots of different fenders too.
IIRC, the manual BD non-sasq comes with the right gearing for 33s and 35s. forget what it is but it's unique to the BD and manual transmission. will have to find that spreadsheet that showed all the ratios.
You miss out on the front locker yes, but if that was a big issue then you'd need to get a higher trim and pay up. otherwise i don't see a front locker being a must. the rear locker with GOAT modes (using the TC) should get you out of any situation. IMO, front locker would be for rock crawling and if you do something dumb like get into deep sticky mud.
About the furthest off road this thing will get is trespassing on railroad MOW service roads that parallel the tracks looking for good photography vantage points. The stock Duelers are 32.1” and 469 revs per mile, the 33s are 32.5“ and 460 revs per mile. No need to worry about recalibrating the speedo or the pre-programmed shift points. A rear locker is preferable, but 11 years of 3:72 gears on my FX4 are hard to beat for street usage. Much to consider, and thankfully, time to consider it.

Sough

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Impreza
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Are 33’s the biggest you can go without Sasquatch?

OP
OP
mxmerce

mxmerce

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford 150 Sport 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are 33’s the biggest you can go without Sasquatch?
I think so, you'll need the high clearance fenders and a lift to support anything bigger than a 33" tire. But if anyone thinks I'm wrong, please inform us all. :)

20Bronco21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think so, you'll need the high clearance fenders and a lift to support anything bigger than a 33" tire. But if anyone thinks I'm wrong, please inform us all. :)
It would be great if the KO2 34s would fit without interference, but I’m thinking the 33s will be the best compromise without going Sasquatch