Mountain Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Full size GM SUV
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am torn between a base and big bend to reserve. I want the iconic iconic silver. I do not think the carbonized gray grill and wheels will look right with this combo. I like the silver paint, black grill and wheel combo.

I like the other small upgrades to big bend such as privacy glass, remote start, heated seats. However, the biggest cost is the tires and wheels.

I do not need sasquatch package. Would like to add the 2.7 v6. Any idea on a price guess?

Do you think there will be other grill options and wheel options for the big bend? I would hate to pay for the wheels. Immediately put on after market 17" black wheels.

Maybe it would be better to go for base. I like grill better and cheaper price bc low end wheel tire combo. Maybe keep 16" steelies and new 32" tires.

I appriciate your insight
Sponsored

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am torn between a base and big bend to reserve. I want the iconic iconic silver. I do not think the carbonized gray grill and wheels will look right with this combo. I like the silver paint, black grill and wheel combo.

I like the other small upgrades to big bend such as privacy glass, remote start, heated seats. However, the biggest cost is the tires and wheels.

I do not need sasquatch package. Would like to add the 2.7 v6. Any idea on a price guess?

Do you think there will be other grill options and wheel options for the big bend? I would hate to pay for the wheels. Immediately put on after market 17" black wheels.

Maybe it would be better to go for base. I like grill better and cheaper price bc low end wheel tire combo. Maybe keep 16" steelies and new 32" tires.

I'm guessing the step up to the V6 will be at least $2000 because that also changes the transmission to automatic. I would be surprised if there isn't a way to select a different grille and wheels, considering how much Ford is emphasizing the ability to customize in-house.

dcdtn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Escape, 18 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Iā€™m also trying to decide between base and Big Bend and maybe Black Diamond. Really want 32ā€ tires, though. It will all depend on option pricing.

I will probably get auto transmission, though Iā€™m fully expecting Ford to price it high like Jeep ($2750) and tout the special terrain modes and trail-turn feature to justify its price. Also I bet Ford tries to wring extra dollars out of the 2.7L as a ā€œluxury itemā€. Sure itā€™s only $1000 extra on F150 but thatā€™s a different market.

tonyxit

Base
First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base

Base is my choice...I have been lured to bb......to get race red...but not worth $ 5K extra...so sticking to my old school choice....love those steelyes

BaseMod

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was going base, but decided the Big bend delivers pretty much everything I want without going aftermarket except going to a more aggressive 33" tire. The big deal for me was I think you get a little better (lower) geared rear end with the Big Bend 4.27 vs 3.73, but I could be wrong. Also gets me a couple more color options I like.

Sponsored

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I looked at both, I cant see how there is a 5k delta in price on the 2dr between the two yet there is...maybe when more info comes out it will be clearer.

heated seat, leather steering wheel, tinted windows and a set of wheels? 5k? No thanks. Base with the squatch for me, now that is worth 5k to me but hey this is all personal choice and I am glad Ford is letting us choose.

https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/conten...crossovers/bronco/pdf/21_Bronco_lineup_HR.pdf

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Have you come any closer to making a decision? I know I'm still stuck! I really just need to see the B&P. If I can do LSD and steeper gears on the Base 4 Door that's the route I'm going. Hopefully I can also get a different tire/wheel combo to get to the 32ish mark also. Prefer 235/85R16 or 255/75R17. If I can get that I'll stick with the 2.3.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Lots of people try to discount the leather steering wheel, but I think its a much bigger deal than they imagine. Your hands never leave it. Makes a big difference in the feel of the car. Also adds audio controls which is huge.

Correction, Base wheel has cruise and audio controls

Last edited:

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base

I wouldn't do Base without Sasquatch because there is not rear locker option. You can get the rear locker optional on the Big Bend and I would strongly recommend doing that. With the rear locked, you should be able to get yourself through most situations. Hopefully it's not much more than $500.

DrKennethNoisewater

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 razor scooter
Your Bronco Model
Base
Lots of people try to discount the leather steering wheel, but I think its a much bigger deal than they imagine. Your hands never leave it. Makes a big difference in the feel of the car. Also adds audio controls which is huge.
There definitely is a difference between leather wrapped steering wheel and the alternative, but that could likely be addressed with aftermarket products. Also, audio controls are on the steering wheel even with the base.

Sponsored

dcdtn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Escape, 18 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
There definitely is a difference between leather wrapped steering wheel and the alternative, but that could likely be addressed with aftermarket products. Also, audio controls are on the steering wheel even with the base.
I used an aftermarket product called Wheelskins on a previous vehicle and was very pleased. Genuine leather and a custom fit to your vehicle. Also available in many colors and styles. Iā€™m thinking it was $40-$50 or so. A side benefit is it will be much easier to replace than the factory leather years down the road when dirty and grimy.

buildbigboats

Black Diamond
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had considered the Big Bend to get the privilege to spend even more money for a rear locker then decided that made no sense. Nothing on the BB is worth the price jump from Base for me.
BTW I really don't think heated seat are standard on the Big Bend...double check for yourselves but I've seen multiple locations noting it as "available" or as an option.
I am now waiting for the B&P to decide between a Base + ? + aftermarket or Black Diamond with no other options. Black Diamond actually seems to have enough to justify the price jump for what I'd be doing. Going 2dr, manual, Antimatter Blue in either case

Last edited:

r0skor0cker

Big Bend
First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I originally was going to go Big Bend, with the squatch and area 51 color. Since I'm not interested in the mid package I think I'm going to go with a squatched base model and just pick a different color. Save some cash for the aftermarket.

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If options like Automatic Keyless Entry, 32" wheels, etc. are available as options for BASE outside of the mid package I'll happily save the upcharge for automatic. Might get a modular top too.

Last edited:

bronchalen84

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If options like Automatic Keyless Entry, 32" wheels, etc. are available as options for BASE outside of the mid package I'll happily save the upcharge for automatic. Might get a modular top too.
What is the difference between ā€˜molded inā€™ hardtop and ā€˜modularā€™ hard top?
Sponsored