First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler (YJ) Subaru legacy KTM 690 Enduro R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Trying to decide on what configuration I’m going to order once the banks open in mid August. Trying to stay around the $45Kish price (before taxes and dealer fees), which has me looking at the Base, BB and BD.

My specific question is, what specifically do you get for the $2700 when you upgrade from base to BB? Other than leather wrapped steering wheel, wheels, tires, and the ability to option upgrades? Any technology or interior materials?

might go Basesquatch but the delay for the sas package has me concerned.

thanks in advance.
Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Um... The starting difference is $4485, not 2700.

For that $4.5k you get a leather wrapped steering wheel, and tinted glass on the Hardtop. You also get 17" wheels instead of 16". The tires are slightly better, but either way, they are typical garbage factory tires.

That's basically it. Plus the ability to add more packages/upgrades.

So, if you really want a rear locker, you have to pay $4500 plus another $800. I really want a rear locker. But, while I really wanted a rear locker, I don't want it bad enough to pay $5300.

The other reason to buy a BB instead of a Base is if you want a manual transmission on a 4-door. Ford hides the 4-door stick behind the trim wall of the BB.

Note: if you are looking at a 4-door, then the Build you own Bronco price is somewhat misleading, as the 4-door base forces you to get the Automatic, and the BB defaults to Manual. If you add the Automagic transmission back onto the BB you end up right at the same $4500 or so difference.

The BD on the other hand, gives you a lot of cool stuff. (like the rear locker) and has IMHO the best looking wheels. But, it forces you to get MGV seats instead of cloth, and for me that was a complete non-starter. Way to hot for Phoenix. I sat in one at the Drive a Bronco event, and it was uncomfortably hot in April. Sure to fry one's flesh when it gets to 116 or so in summer.

OP
OP
GrayEagleRider

GrayEagleRider

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks for the follow up. The $2700 is the 4 door difference in price. I guess it’s mainly the barrier for a lot of cool options. I really want a rear locker but more so want the lower gears for 33s down the road. Might wait on the basesquatch.

Was it the BD optional AL wheels that are your favorite? I just kinda meh on the steelies. The MGV seats are cool. I wasn’t even thinking of the heat. Might be ok here in MD.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
What engine and transmission are you getting?
When I priced mine (4 door, 2.7, auto), it would've cost me over $4k to go BB. That $4k got you a $50 grab handle, leather wrapped wheel/shifter, tint and if you didn't go mod bumper, fog lights.
So $600 worth of add-ons for $4000.

Last edited:

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For your price I would definitely go BD.

Base or bb you need new tires so...why not just go BD

Sponsored
OP
OP
GrayEagleRider

GrayEagleRider

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
primarily looking at 2.3, auto, 4 door but also want gears lower than 3.73 and a locker.

Are the interior materials the same in BB and base?

BFizzy

Big Bend
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There’s no question the base has the most value, but I feel pretty good about getting a 4 door manual cactus (color wasn’t available on base for MY21) with signature lights and a rear locker for $38k. I actually like the BB wheels too. I appreciate the functionality of steelies, but to most people they look like they have missing hub caps.

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
...want gears lower than 3.73 and a locker.
I'm in the same boat. I have a 2-door base with 2.7/auto on order for $35K, but already have a set of 33" Badlands take-offs in the garage. I, too, am trying to find a way to get lower gears and a locker. Going by MY22.5 prices, a base Sasquatch would run me $41,870, a Big Bend with locker $41,360, and a Black Diamond $43, 035.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Base comes standard with the Auto, which you didn't factor into your price (I believe).
BASE 4 door, 2.3, auto $36,300
BB 4 door, 2.3, auto $40,570
Difference $4,270

Your, BASE with Sasquatch $42,100
Your BB with rear locker $41,365

No Brainer, unless you need the mid package.

OP
OP
GrayEagleRider

GrayEagleRider

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If the Sasquatch constraint issue doesn’t get sorted out by August I’ll probably go BB for the availability of options.

I also like the BB wheels. Wish they were black though. The BD optional wheels are also cool.

Sponsored
OP
OP
GrayEagleRider

GrayEagleRider

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The Base comes standard with the Auto, which you didn't factor into your price (I believe).
BASE 4 door, 2.3, auto $36,300
BB 4 door, 2.3, auto $40,570
Difference $4,270

Your, BASE with Sasquatch $42,100
Your BB with rear locker $41,365

No Brainer, unless you need the mid package.
No doubt the base with the Sasquatch is the best value, only thing stopping me is the potential wait associated with the SAS package. If the constraints weren’t a factor I’d go basquatch with a 2.7 but trying to have a truck by the end of next year. Lol.

JohnG

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 dr Basesquatch, 2022 2 dr Base 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m a base apologist. My basesquatch 2.7 4 dr was $45k and has everything I want, super happy with it. I have a second bronco coming which is a true base, zero upgrades. Going to drop some badlands or black diamond take offs for cheap and leave as is on that one, if you aren’t wanting 35’s and you’re staying manual I think it will be geared plenty low as is.

Base is so much truck for the money!

OP
OP
GrayEagleRider

GrayEagleRider

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m a base apologist. My basesquatch 2.7 4 dr was $45k and has everything I want, super happy with it. I have a second bronco coming which is a true base, zero upgrades. Going to drop some badlands or black diamond take offs for cheap and leave as is on that one, if you aren’t wanting 35’s and you’re staying manual I think it will be geared plenty low as is.

Base is so much truck for the money!
Agree with all…
Curious, how long did it take to get your base with Sasquatch and 2.7? Is anyone else taking the constraints into account when ordering?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Trying to decide on what configuration I’m going to order once the banks open in mid August. Trying to stay around the $45Kish price (before taxes and dealer fees), which has me looking at the Base, BB and BD.

My specific question is, what specifically do you get for the $2700 when you upgrade from base to BB? Other than leather wrapped steering wheel, wheels, tires, and the ability to option upgrades? Any technology or interior materials?

might go Basesquatch but the delay for the sas package has me concerned.

thanks in advance.
I ended up a little bit north of the number you were looking for, but I was really happy with my build (which would be easy to slice $5k off).

I would suggest, if you are willing to forgo the sasquatch package the following build which should be $45k in a 2 door and just north of $45k in a 4 door.

2 door Bronco 2.3 OBX with the advanced 4x4 transfer case and high package.
$45,335

or

4 door Bronco 2.3 OBX with the advanced 4x4 transfer case and mid package.
$46,135

I just priced out the 4 door 2.3 OBX High Package with the advanced 4x4 transfer case and rear locker.
$47,430

I personally went with the 2 door Bronco 2.7 OBX with the advanced 4x4 transfer case, lux package, and tow. ($47,953 - just under MSRP)

Here is why I feel this way is a good choice:

The OBX cloth interior is MUCH nicer than the Base, Big Bend, and depending on your opinion of MGV may or may not be better for you.

In my opinion, the rear locker and advanced 4x4 transfer case are must haves in a Bronco, yet are less likely to be delayed like a Sasquatch package currently.

If you are constrained by limiting price to about $45k, dropping from Lux to High will save you almost $3k, and going from the 2.7 to the 2.3 will drop almost $2k from the $48k that I paid. Dropping from High to Mid package is another $1300 less (iirc).

That would get you in the ballpark with a high package 2.3 advanced 4x4 OBX. Also, unless you are getting crazy off-road, you will be better off day to day on the OBX wheels and tires (I have a set of 33.5" M/T's for off-roading).

Unless you have to have adaptive cruise control, I feel like the high package OBX is quite possibly one of the best bang for your buck configurations other than the non-sasquatch Badlands.

Just a few thoughts.

Last edited:
Reactions: TCC
OP
OP
GrayEagleRider

GrayEagleRider

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I ended up a little bit north of the number you were looking for, but I was really happy with my build (which would be easy to slice $5k off).

I would suggest, if you are willing to forgo the sasquatch package the following build which should be $45k in a 2 door and just north of $45k in a 4 door.

2 door Bronco 2.3 OBX with the advanced 4x4 transfer case and high package.
$45,335

or

4 door Bronco 2.3 OBX with the advanced 4x4 transfer case and mid package.
$46,135

I just priced out the 4 door 2.3 OBX High Package with the advanced 4x4 transfer case and rear locker.
$47,430

I personally went with the 2 door Bronco 2.7 OBX with the advanced 4x4 transfer case, lux package, and tow. ($47,953 - just under MSRP)

Here is why I feel this way is a good choice:

The OBX cloth interior is MUCH nicer than the Base, Big Bend, and depending on your opinion of MGV may or may not be better for you.

In my opinion, the rear locker and advanced 4x4 transfer case are must haves in a Bronco, yet are less likely to be delayed like a Sasquatch package currently.

If you are constrained by limiting price to about $45k, dropping from Lux to High will save you almost $3k, and going from the 2.7 to the 2.3 will drop almost $2k from the $48k that I paid. Dropping from High to Mid package is another $1300 less (iirc).

That would get you in the ballpark with a high package 2.3 advanced 4x4 OBX. Also, unless you are getting crazy off-road, you will be better off day to day on the OBX wheels and tires (I have a set of 33.5" M/T's for off-roading).

Unless you have to have adaptive cruise control, I feel like the high package OBX is quite possibly one of the best bang for your buck configurations other than the non-sasquatch Badlands.

Just a few thoughts.
Thanks for the suggestions. What’s so special about the advanced 4x4 TC? That the trail turn assist?

Also, does the bronco have the brake assisted traction control like the bronco sport?
Sponsored