Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Okay, I am having second thoughts on the build. Current plan is VB Base Sas 2 dr 2.7 Auto. But I am seriously considering VB Black Diamond Sas 2 dr with 2.3 Auto for the interior. Is it worth giving up 2.7 and about $4K for the better interior and rock rails?

Also, side question, can an aftermarket brush guard be attached to the stock BD steel bumper?
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it worth giving up 2.7 and about $4K for the better interior and rock rails?
If you are going with the Sasquatch package, no.

If you are skipping the Sasquatch package or you really want the Mid package… then maybe? That’s up to you.

Also, side question, can an aftermarket brush guard be attached to the stock BD steel bumper?
I don’t think Ford intended for the stock BD steel bumper to be all that modular.

But it’s steel, so you could drill/weld to your heart’s content.

OP
OP
BigDaddySquatch

BigDaddySquatch

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you are going with the Sasquatch package, no.

If you are skipping the Sasquatch package or you really want the Mid package… then maybe? That’s up to you.

I don’t think Ford intended for the stock BD steel bumper to be all that modular.

But it’s steel, so you could drill/weld to your heart’s content.
I'm going Sasquatch either way. Just trying to decide whether the interior is worth the upgrade to BD

SolidSnake

Base
First Name
Dante
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Okay, I am having second thoughts on the build. Current plan is VB Base Sas 2 dr 2.7 Auto. But I am seriously considering VB Black Diamond Sas 2 dr with 2.3 Auto for the interior. Is it worth giving up 2.7 and about $4K for the better interior and rock rails?

Probably not. I was in the same boat. I was originally going BD, but ended up picking base sas 2.7 and I'm glad I did. The seats were nice, but you can easily add nice seat covers or go katzkin and I was not impressed with the rubber flooring. There were spots where water could get between the rubber floor and that is not a good thing. When it comes to the engine I would rather get something more powerful and not always use that power than to get something less powerful and want the power. Rock rails, you can find better ones aftermarket

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going Sasquatch either way. Just trying to decide whether the interior is worth the upgrade to BD
In my opinion, yes, the interior upgrade is a nice bump. But it is not worth it if you’re going to lose the 2.7L.

The 2.3L with larger tires doesn’t really make any sense, especially with the larger 4-door. Granted you are looking at the 2-door, so it may be okay… but I personally wouldn’t want to get the Sasquatch package without the 2.7L.

What you might want to do in your situation is get the 2.7L Black Diamond non-Sasquatch, and then get a spacer kit and a bigger set to tires aftermarket. You will lose the front lockers if you go that route and you won’t have the 4.7 rear axle (4.46 axle should be fine though as long as you don’t go larger than 37” tires), so if those are important to you then obviously you’re stuck with Sasquatch. But it’s an option.
Sponsored