Sponsored

Based on color: Who's 2021 Bronco gets built 1st?

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With all the possible late build scenarios out there and not having a clue about the auto manufacturing process these days I got to wondering if color choice will affect when your 2021 Bronco will be built?

Mine will be Iconic Silver which has a very low, if not the lowest, take rate. Does this put Iconic Silver at the front of the line or rear of the line? Any thoughts?
Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Going out on a limb... color won’t be an issue for getting your bronco early or late..
Tires, microchips, Haddtops, other major components will dictate availability- not paint

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There was a time when VB was thought to be a late availability, so anything is possible.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Funny, I was going to say IS going off just your title! Sure, makes sense to me!

OP
OP
PWillette

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Going out on a limb... color won’t be an issue for getting your bronco early or late..
Tires, microchips, Haddtops, other major components will dictate availability- not paint
Agreed...just wondering how they determine which color gets painted when? I have no late availability items. Will they paint all color choices in the first build month or will painting staggered over several months?

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ummm, that's a good question. I have no idea how Ford decides on when to pick, or change colors during a run. Maybe our resident Ford girl Ashley @618TRVLWILD knows. How 'bout it Ash, have you got any pearls of wisdom on this topic? :)

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed...just wondering how they determine which color gets painted when? I have no late availability items. Will they paint all color choices in the first build month or will painting staggered over several months?
Rangers are being built on the MAP line as well in IS. Looking at the take rate of IS on B6G is a very small part of the story. They will be building IS trucks all year at MAP.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ummm, that's a good question. I have no idea how Ford decides on when to pick, or change colors during a run. Maybe our resident Ford girl Ashley @618TRVLWILD knows. How 'bout it Ash, have you got any pearls of wisdom on this topic? :)
I have no idea on that one! Have to ask @LEGEND I would say he would have better knowledge on that. Seems like I remember though they have multiple paint robots. They that's how they determine the color wheel in each. @Rick Astley might have information too!

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At the Ford Rouge plant where they build F150s and you can tour the factory, I watched one color after another come through the assembly line. There was no particular rhyme or reason or even grouping, though clearly some colors were more popular than others. But it wasn't like there were batches of any specific color. I assume all of their manufacturing is done that way. Since the bodies are painted in another part of the plant, color is not a factor in assembly. When you have thousands of vehicles being built every day, there surely are multiple paint booths. If 1,000 Broncos are built daily (at normal production), that's still probably 35-40 Iconic Silver Broncos, requiring hours of paint time every day.

TL;DR: Don't worry about what color you pick as far as when your Bronco would be built.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PWillette

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At the Ford Rouge plant where they build F150s and you can tour the factory, I watched one color after another come through the assembly line. There was no particular rhyme or reason or even grouping, though clearly some where more popular than others. But it wasn't like there were batches of any specific color. I assume all of their manufacturing is done that way. Since the bodies are painted in another part of the plant, color is not a factor in assembly. When you have thousands of vehicles being built every day, there surely are multiple paint booths.

TL;DR: Don't worry about what color you pick as far as when your Bronco would be built.
Cool info, thanks. Wasn't really sure how paint fit into the whole process.

JGuske23

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep compass
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From my understanding they paint a bunch of body's the same color for a run, and then store these bodies till an order for that color comes through. If your order is next they go grab your silver and toss it on the assembly line.

There won't be any paint constraints

3Dogs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Escape, 2000 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From my understanding they paint a bunch of body's the same color for a run, and then store these bodies till an order for that color comes through. If your order is next they go grab your silver and toss it on the assembly line.

There won't be any paint constraints
Hey!
Careful where you’re tossing my Bronco!

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would figure very far out because of the drying and buffing process takes a very large amount of time.
Sponsored