The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
What's the best way to run a refrigerator/freezer in the Base + Sasquatch Bronco in the back end?

I don't think there's a 12v connection back there in this model. With that said I did get the Auxiliary switches. Can I run a fridge off of an aux line and make a hook up back there?

If not maybe get a long 12v plug and run it to a 12v hook up in the front?

ARB-10802442-Zero-Fridge-Freezer-47-Quart.jpg
Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe one of the aux lines runs back there, intended for that purpose. Best to check the fuse/relay ratings for the one you choose first. There is also a connection that has to be made, both under the hood and in the passenger kick panel, before the rear line will work (if memory serves). Also think the vehicle has to be “on” for the aux switches to function... so there’s a few things to consider

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Researching refrigeration has been on my list. I guess I assumed you only want to run one of these if you have some sort of solar hookup.

Planning to do a bunch of surf cast beach trips - I couldn’t imagine letting one of these run off the battery alone.

Looking forward to more informative input.

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As a BaseBase res holder I can say that there are two 12v in the base, one in front & one in back. There are just no 120v outlets.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
As a BaseBase res holder I can say that there are two 12v in the base, one in front & one in back. There are just no 120v outlets.
How far in the back is it? I'm hoping it was in the very back in the storage area. I thought that was only in the upgraded packages though?

Sponsored
OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I believe one of the aux lines runs back there, intended for that purpose. Best to check the fuse/relay ratings for the one you choose first. There is also a connection that has to be made, both under the hood and in the passenger kick panel, before the rear line will work (if memory serves). Also think the vehicle has to be “on” for the aux switches to function... so there’s a few things to consider
Yeah if the vehicle has to be on the aux switches won't be good for that then. Best to get a second battery and run it off of that. Maybe the aux switches can be connected to a second battery? I don't know. Should be interesting figuring this out. 🤔

Last edited:

Octaveus

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As someone who is new to the fridge in car game. How is this meant to work in general?

If I have a model that has the outlet in the back and I'm plugging the fridge in there, how and when is it meant to run? And what considerations do you have to make for the battery.

Thanks

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How far in the back is it? I'm hoping it was in the very back in the storage area. I thought that was only in the upgraded packages though?
Literally in the side wall of the cargo compartment:
Ford Bronco Basequatch refrigerator hook up? 1618579560002

...and yes, it's standard on ALL models.
As noted in the official dealer order guide, which nobody remembers to look at any more:

Ford Bronco Basequatch refrigerator hook up? 1618579432942

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Literally in the side wall of the cargo compartment:

...and yes, it's standard on ALL models.
As noted in the official dealer order guide, which nobody remembers to look at any more:

Good that's where I need it. For some reason when I saw those pictures in the past I thought they where with Big Bend and up with like Mid package or something.

That's good it's standard as it should be. It's a pretty important connection!!

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Good that's where I need it. For some reason when I saw those pictures in the past I thought they where with Big Bend and up with like Mid package or something.

That's good it's standard as it should be. It's a pretty important connection!!
As mentioned earlier, Mid and above will add the 110/120V inverter plug, which I think is on the back side of the center console. The twin 12V ports are universally standard across trims.

And as also noted, the dealer order guide is a pretty good reference for minute content packaging details - far better than B&P or some of the other "pretty" materials Ford has issued, anyway.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/2021-bronco-order-guide-first-look-updated-1-19-21.11036/

Sponsored

broncomorrow

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It's generally not a good practice to run your fridge directly off the car battery for extended periods of time other than when driving. Most people install a secondary battery system of some kind. Goal Zero and Jackery make some good products just for this purpose.

Here is a decent video which describes a couple solutions:

The Jackery 500 is a decent choice for portable lithium ion battery:https://www.jackery.com/products/explorer-500w-portable-power-station

edit: There are a lot of videos testing how long different batteries will last - the Jackery 500 will last about 57hrs on the domestic CFX3 55IM model.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Bringing this back...since we now know the 47QT Zero will fit in the back of our 4DR (the 63 QT should actually fit too - but, not with the equivalent slide....unfortunately).

Since the stock battery is AGM (H7 AGM 80 AH 800 CCA) and these ARB models only 0.8 aH in 40-90*F ambient temperatures...wouldn't it be safe to say it would be fine to run these units without a secondary battery? These fridges have battery protection feature that shuts down the compressor if it detects low voltage [High (11.8)/Med (11.4)/Low(10.1)].

I understand it's a safe bet to have a backup battery in the case of long stays without driving involved - but, if you're not planning to stay in one place for more than 2 days at a time?

I will be running the 47QT in my Transit this summer and am trying to avoid the expense of backup battery options until I can gauge my real-time needs after a few short trips.

I have a NAPA Carlyle 400 that I am currently testing as backup 12v power and looking like I will get around 18-20 hours.

Last edited:

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bringing this back...since we now know the 47QT Zero will fit in the back of our 4DR (the 63 QT should actually fit too - but, not with the equivalent slide....unfortunately).

Since the stock battery is AGM (H7 AGM 80 AH 800 CCA) and these ARB models only 0.8 aH in 40-90*F ambient temperatures...wouldn't it be safe to say it would be fine to run these units without a secondary battery? These fridges have battery protection feature that shuts down the compressor if it detects low voltage [High (11.8)/Med (11.4)/Low(10.1)].

I understand it's a safe bet to have a backup battery in the case of long stays without driving involved - but, if you're not planning to stay in one place for more than 2 days at a time?

I will be running the 47QT in my Transit this summer and am trying to avoid the expense of backup battery options until I can gauge my real-time needs after a few short trips.

I have a NAPA Carlyle 400 that I am currently testing as backup 12v power and looking like I will get around 18-20 hours.
Solar is a great option if you’re worried about the battery.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Solar is a great option if you’re worried about the battery.
But, that means I need to also buy a battery pack (Jackery, Goal Zero, Bluetti etc) or build a setup with an inverter if going straight from panels to DC, correct?

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs