John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello everyone,

I am about to make my order on Saturday. I was hoping to get some more opinions on my base bronco. Do you all think the Sasquatch is worth the money? Or would it be just as good to get the base and separatelybuy 33/35” separately?

If separately, any recommendations?

thanks!
Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, I went through the same dilemma. The base and manual transmission (with the lower gearing) you might be able to get by with a 33" tire, not sure about 35" though. And you will need a lift for sure with the 35" tires. If you go automatic you can't get the lower gearing and it will be too high for larger tires. So, as stated above, you will need tires, wheels, life and front and rear gearing change. To me, the Sasquatch is worth it based on this. The cost separately may be more.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 Land Rover 90 p/u, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Go Squatch for sure

Sponsored

BRWC

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 SSR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hello everyone,

I am about to make my order on Saturday. I was hoping to get some more opinions on my base bronco. Do you all think the Sasquatch is worth the money? Or would it be just as good to get the base and separatelybuy 33/35” separately?

thanks!
Here is the differences highlighted for easier visibility.
Ford Bronco Basequatch vs. base and buying 35” tires separately Squatch
If not actually doing much off road you could just add the 35's for the look and as the previous post says lift as needed. You will notice it will feel more sluggish for sure with the non squatch gearing. If you do plan to off road at all you will want the lockers and gearing the squatch provides.

OP
OP

Beezleboss

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Base
You would also need a lift, new wheels, and new gearing. It’s a lot more than slapping on new tires.
Here is the differences highlighted for easier visibility.
Ford Bronco Basequatch vs. base and buying 35” tires separately Squatch
If not actually doing much off road you could just add the 35's for the look and as the previous post says lift as needed. You will notice it will feel more sluggish for sure with the non squatch gearing. If you do plan to off road at all you will want the lockers and gearing the squatch provides.
Thank you thank you thank you!

I will not necessarily be off-roading 24/7, but I will most definitely be using it for when I decide to go cross country camping. I will be visiting places like monument valley, where I can use the bronco to drive around myself in (instead of renting/paying a guide). Also I will try to go to more places where I could not have tried to navigate without the guides.

However, when I do get my bronco, I will for sure take it off reading in the summers!

I didn’t realize that the photo you provided was out there, it really helps me understand the value of it all. Basequatch for the win all the way!

OP
OP

Beezleboss

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank you thank you thank you!

I will not necessarily be off-roading 24/7, but I will most definitely be using it for when I decide to go cross country camping. I will be visiting places like monument valley, where I can use the bronco to drive around myself in (instead of renting/paying a guide). Also I will try to go to more places where I could not have tried to navigate without the guides.

However, when I do get my bronco, I will for sure take it off reading in the summers!

I didn’t realize that the photo you provided was out there, it really helps me understand the value of it all. Basequatch for the win all the way!
Additionally, monument valley requires 4x4 cars only, and people with subarus are dumb af when they go there thinking their AWD is A-Okay to navigate.

TRACKTOY

Badlands
First Name
ANDRÉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 LARIAT CREW C. 3.5L ÉCO 2022+ BRONCO BL.2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On a base I would definitely go Sas for all the things you get - both lockers, wheels, suspension, gears, etc.
that's the way for minimal cost $$$$ on your set up.
Tracktoy

Tech Tim

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Another bonus to the Sasquatch package are the front and rear locking diffs.

The Sasquatch package is definitely worth the $$$ for all the benefits, but if you can't get a Sasquatch package until 2022, then maybe it's not worth waiting.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Beezleboss

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Base
Another bonus to the Sasquatch package are the front and rear locking diffs.

The Sasquatch package is definitely worth the $$$ for all the benefits, but if you can't get a Sasquatch package until 2022, then maybe it's not worth waiting.
that’s a good point that you’re making. I am going to ask for the timing of events on Saturday. Honestly if it is going into 2022, I might just find a pick me up that lasts a bit longer for work. Then when the bronco has been out for a bit, I can get the discounts and other offers.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you think you MIGHT use any of the offroad stuff, Squatch is a BARGAIN for everything you get.

I won't need it just yet, so I'm going Base and add tires/wheels .... and I get to keep my 7spd manual!
Probably hold it for a few years then upgrade to a Badlands.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kind of have to agree with the general sentiment here. For what you're getting factory, Squatch is a no-brainer if you intend to go off the pavement at all.

brunjc2

Base
First Name
Jud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

FWIW I was in a similar position. I made my decision and ordered a 4 door base Sasquatch. Just a tad over $40k.

ilkhan

Badlands
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello everyone,

thanks!
If you are below a badlands, theres a pretty significant suspension and drivetrain difference between sasq and non-sasq.
Sponsored