Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
UPDATE: I drove this Bronco

Here's my honest thoughts on it:
Ford Bronco BaseSquatch 2-Door ARRIVED! [Pictures, Thoughts, & Tacoma TRD Pro Comparison] Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 9.12.22 PM

First Impressions Inside
Getting into the driver's seat was simple for me. Didn't need to pull myself in. Just lifted my right leg up high, grabbed the steering wheel, and fell back into the seat.

Sitting in the driver's seat was just plain awesome. The moment I put it in drive and started crawling through the parking lot, I realized it was worth the wait. This is such a unique, cool vehicle.

View attachment 138627

Performance of the 2.7L
When we left the dealership, I floored it and the Bronco launched forward. Took a moment for the 10-Speed Auto to find the optimum gear, but once it found it, man did it pull.
We found a stretch of road to do a 0-60 test. Took exactly 8 seconds. It was floored, pedal to the metal.

Believe it or not, the sensation was almost as if the vehicle was twisting since it was accelerating so quickly. ( I don't know how else to describe it, it was strange).

View attachment 138628

The 10-Speed Automatic
Now being someone who almost always drives manual transmission vehicles, I'm going to be honest. The 10-speed is fine, but I am so used to having control of the gearing.
It seemed as though without a manual transmission, I wasn't getting the complete 'Bronco' experience. But at the same time, the 10-speed seems so refined and the entire vehicle handles so well, it would certainly be a good option.

Strange Whistling Noise?
Throughout the trip, I kept hearing a whistling sound coming from the drivers side. Almost seemed as though it was coming from the mirror or roof. Maybe the Yakima carrier on top was the cause.

View attachment 138629

What's The Verdict?
Awesome Bronco variant, but I need to try the manual transmission to see if I enjoy it better.
I'm planning on test driving a manual 2.3L 4-Door tomorrow.
Hopefully I will have recached a decision by then.

Original Post Below (Prior to driving, First Time seeing Bronco 2-Door)
-----------------------------------------------------------

Well, it finally happened. I finally got to see a 2-Door Bronco IRL.

Here are my first thoughts:

WOW!!! This thing looks so good!
No matter how many pictures you've seen online, they just don't compare to seeing it in person.
It is definitely bigger than I was expecting.

I've long debated between 4-Door & 2-Door and let me tell you, I am officially sold on the 2-Door!
Don't get me wrong, 4-Door looks great, but something about the 2-Door just seems so right.

I can understand why so many people are freaking out when they see Broncos out on the streets.
When standing next to it, you realize just how much of a presence it has.

In the pictures you will see my 2020 Tacoma TRD Pro next to it.
The truck may be longer, but the Bronco is so much taller.

I noticed that the dealer has already put an ADM of $5,000 on it (SMH).
But I suppose as long as they are not charging customers that ordered over MSRP, not a big deal.

The Heritage Edition Bronco with the white top & trim is going to be an absolute showstopper.
I'm hoping to test drive this vehicle tomorrow. It has the 2.7L.

Now that I'm set on a 2-door, all I need to figure out is whether to go auto 2.7L or Manual 2.3L

Ford Bronco BaseSquatch 2-Door ARRIVED! [Pictures, Thoughts, & Tacoma TRD Pro Comparison] Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 9.22.45 PM

Ford Bronco BaseSquatch 2-Door ARRIVED! [Pictures, Thoughts, & Tacoma TRD Pro Comparison] Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 9.23.49 PM

Ford Bronco BaseSquatch 2-Door ARRIVED! [Pictures, Thoughts, & Tacoma TRD Pro Comparison] Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 9.23.26 PM
Ford Bronco BaseSquatch 2-Door ARRIVED! [Pictures, Thoughts, & Tacoma TRD Pro Comparison] Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 9.23.13 PM

Ford Bronco BaseSquatch 2-Door ARRIVED! [Pictures, Thoughts, & Tacoma TRD Pro Comparison] Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 9.24.10 PM
Ford Bronco BaseSquatch 2-Door ARRIVED! [Pictures, Thoughts, & Tacoma TRD Pro Comparison] Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 9.23.40 PM
Ford Bronco BaseSquatch 2-Door ARRIVED! [Pictures, Thoughts, & Tacoma TRD Pro Comparison] ?hash=60b3dcc244d171a185dcc0a1db34341e
Ford Bronco BaseSquatch 2-Door ARRIVED! [Pictures, Thoughts, & Tacoma TRD Pro Comparison] Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 9.24.40 PM
Ford Bronco BaseSquatch 2-Door ARRIVED! [Pictures, Thoughts, & Tacoma TRD Pro Comparison] Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 9.23.59 PM
Ford Bronco BaseSquatch 2-Door ARRIVED! [Pictures, Thoughts, & Tacoma TRD Pro Comparison] Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 9.24.20 PM

Ford Bronco BaseSquatch 2-Door ARRIVED! [Pictures, Thoughts, & Tacoma TRD Pro Comparison] Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 9.24.33 PM
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice comparison with the taco.... I have ‘17 so the difference in size is good to see...

Sponsored

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That’s F’ed up if that doesn’t belong to a order holder.

BBSBronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
$5000 ADM. Someone will pay it.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

When you go back and check it out, can you inquire as to what the door bags are? It has the $350 option for the on vehicle top and door bags and being a 2 door, well I haven’t seen an explanation what they are yet or how the doors store on the vehicle.

Sponsored

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That looks fantastic!
The $5k adm isn't too outrageous, but there's also $2100 worth of 'Dealer Added Equipment'..... I see a roof rack and traction boards, anything else? (maybe a $500 can of Scotch Guard for the seats??)
EDIT: Large Roof Platform $1069, and Recovery boards $285, are Ford accessories.

When you go back and check it out, can you inquire as to what the door bags are? It has the $350 option for the on vehicle top and door bags and being a 2 door, well I haven’t seen an explanation what they are yet or how the doors store on the vehicle.
One bag for the top panels is already included at N/C. The $350 for the storage bags includes Four bags for the doors (description for the 2 door also says 4 bags for 4 doors?)

Thanks for the pics with the Taco.... The Bronc sure will be pushing a lot of air at highway speeds.

Last edited:

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

One bag for the top panels is already included at N/C. The $350 for the storage bags includes Four bags for the doors (description for the 2 door also says 4 bags for 4 doors?)
Yeah that's why I want to know what they are. Supposedly the doors don't even fit in the back as they are longer than the vehicle is wide. I'm wondering if they fit in lengthwise with a seat(s) folded or something. Or maybe it is a mistake and they actually are 4 covers for a 4 door.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That’s the mannequin. Dealers were encouraged to add accessories to showcase the possibilities.

we’ve seen several dealers placing adm stickers on their mannequins. Either to establish the norm or let folks know they can’t buy the mannequin for 6 months.

edit: it looks amazing and I love the taco comparisons,
Sponsored