Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Velocity Blue in person is WOW! Don't get me wrong, I dig the Race Red but the Velocity Blue ;) me away.
Yeah, I'm leaning towards Velocity Blue, but the Rapid Red reminds me of my 84 Bronco II....decisions, decisions.
Sponsored

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm going to have to bury the Monroney sticker behind the owner's manual so my wife doesn't see it. (Gas mileage)

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Yes Rapid Red does look good in those photos. I saw Rapid Red on an Expedition at a Ford lot and was not impressed. It does seem the colors look especially good on the 2-door Bronco. I saw the Velocity Blue in person on a 2-door and it looked amazing. I'll probably have to see in-person the various colors on a 2-door, before buying.
I agree, I saw rapid red on an Explorer. Looked good but not great like this. Same with Carbonized Gray. The Bronco just looks great in any color. Maybe Iā€™m biased a little?

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 BaseSAS / ā€˜21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did you just go and ask to test drive? Iā€™d love to see a 2DR in person. I shot them an email and Iā€™m just waiting to hear back.

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

UPDATE: I drove this Bronco

Here's my honest thoughts on it:
Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 9.12.22 PM.png

First Impressions Inside
Getting into the driver's seat was simple for me. Didn't need to pull myself in. Just lifted my right leg up high, grabbed the steering wheel, and fell back into the seat.

Sitting in the driver's seat was just plain awesome. The moment I put it in drive and started crawling through the parking lot, I realized it was worth the wait. This is such a unique, cool vehicle.

View attachment 138627

Performance of the 2.7L
When we left the dealership, I floored it and the Bronco launched forward. Took a moment for the 10-Speed Auto to find the optimum gear, but once it found it, man did it pull.
We found a stretch of road to do a 0-60 test. Took exactly 8 seconds. It was floored, pedal to the metal.

Believe it or not, the sensation was almost as if the vehicle was twisting since it was accelerating so quickly. ( I don't know how else to describe it, it was strange).

View attachment 138628

The 10-Speed Automatic
Now being someone who almost always drives manual transmission vehicles, I'm going to be honest. The 10-speed is fine, but I am so used to having control of the gearing.
It seemed as though without a manual transmission, I wasn't getting the complete 'Bronco' experience. But at the same time, the 10-speed seems so refined and the entire vehicle handles so well, it would certainly be a good option.

Strange Whistling Noise?
Throughout the trip, I kept hearing a whistling sound coming from the drivers side. Almost seemed as though it was coming from the mirror or roof. Maybe the Yakima carrier on top was the cause.

View attachment 138629

What's The Verdict?
Awesome Bronco variant, but I need to try the manual transmission to see if I enjoy it better.
I'm planning on test driving a manual 2.3L 4-Door tomorrow.
Hopefully I will have recached a decision by then.

Original Post Below (Prior to driving, First Time seeing Bronco 2-Door)
-----------------------------------------------------------

Well, it finally happened. I finally got to see a 2-Door Bronco IRL.

Here are my first thoughts:

WOW!!! This thing looks so good!
No matter how many pictures you've seen online, they just don't compare to seeing it in person.
It is definitely bigger than I was expecting.

I've long debated between 4-Door & 2-Door and let me tell you, I am officially sold on the 2-Door!
Don't get me wrong, 4-Door looks great, but something about the 2-Door just seems so right.

I can understand why so many people are freaking out when they see Broncos out on the streets.
When standing next to it, you realize just how much of a presence it has.

In the pictures you will see my 2020 Tacoma TRD Pro next to it.
The truck may be longer, but the Bronco is so much taller.

I noticed that the dealer has already put an ADM of $5,000 on it (SMH).
But I suppose as long as they are not charging customers that ordered over MSRP, not a big deal.

The Heritage Edition Bronco with the white top & trim is going to be an absolute showstopper.
I'm hoping to test drive this vehicle tomorrow. It has the 2.7L.

Now that I'm set on a 2-door, all I need to figure out is whether to go auto 2.7L or Manual 2.3L

Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 9.22.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 9.23.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 9.23.26 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 9.23.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 9.24.10 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 9.23.40 PM.png
?hash=60b3dcc244d171a185dcc0a1db34341e.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 9.24.40 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 9.23.59 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 9.24.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 9.24.33 PM.png
NICE! the proportions are so smooth on the eye. Sure hope I can afford the Squatch!

Sponsored

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

BaseSquatch is so bad@$$!!!

To me, its the epitome of the Bronco.

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

First Impressions Inside
Getting into the driver's seat was simple for me. Didn't need to pull myself in. Just lifted my right leg up high, grabbed the steering wheel, and fell back into the seat.

Sitting in the driver's seat was just plain awesome. The moment I put it in drive and started crawling through the parking lot, I realized it was worth the wait. This is such a unique, cool vehicle.

View attachment 138627

Performance of the 2.7L
When we left the dealership, I floored it and the Bronco launched forward. Took a moment for the 10-Speed Auto to find the optimum gear, but once it found it, man did it pull.
We found a stretch of road to do a 0-60 test. Took exactly 8 seconds. It was floored, pedal to the metal.

Believe it or not, the sensation was almost as if the vehicle was twisting since it was accelerating so quickly. ( I don't know how else to describe it, it was strange).

View attachment 138628

The 10-Speed Automatic
Now being someone who almost always drives manual transmission vehicles, I'm going to be honest. The 10-speed is fine, but I am so used to having control of the gearing.
It seemed as though without a manual transmission, I wasn't getting the complete 'Bronco' experience. But at the same time, the 10-speed seems so refined and the entire vehicle handles so well, it would certainly be a good option.

Strange Whistling Noise?
Throughout the trip, I kept hearing a whistling sound coming from the drivers side. Almost seemed as though it was coming from the mirror or roof. Maybe the Yakima carrier on top was the cause.

View attachment 138629

What's The Verdict?
Awesome Bronco variant, but I need to try the manual transmission to see if I enjoy it better.

No matter how many pictures you've seen online, they just don't compare to seeing it in person.

I've long debated between 4-Door & 2-Door and let me tell you, I am officially sold on the 2-Door!
Don't get me wrong, 4-Door looks great, but something about the 2-Door just seems so right.

I can understand why so many people are freaking out when they see Broncos out on the streets.

But I suppose as long as they are not charging customers that ordered over MSRP, not a big deal.

The Heritage Edition Bronco with the white top & trim is going to be an absolute showstopper.

Now that I'm set on a 2-door, all I need to figure out is whether to go auto 2.7L or Manual 2.3L

Looks like a damn good price - thats a lot of stuff on it all for $41,300??, I have almost the same config in B&P for my base but without that top rack & the bumper/plates & I'm still $1000 more than this one. What am I missing?

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's awesome except for the grill, seats, steering wheel, non-tinted windows, and screen.

AuldBronco

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

First Impressions Inside

View attachment 138627

Performance of the 2.7L

View attachment 138628

The 10-Speed Automatic

Strange Whistling Noise?

View attachment 138629

What's The Verdict?

Holy crap that thing dwarfs the taco. Looking to trade my 16 Taco in for the bronco. Nice.
Sponsored