Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 70 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What lift did you go with? Also, did you buy any skids yet? I hate the Sasquatch package doesn't come with at least a skid to protect the plastic gas tank..
I have not bought any skid plates yet. That is very high on the list of things to do. Transmission pan looks very vulnerable also.

The lift is Icon 3" spacer lift. Hope to upgrade to their coilovers eventually.

Broncoman7072

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 70 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wow, that looks amazing!
Also no more poverty seatsšŸ˜‚

EDIT: I guess the camera doesn't work well with the grey color. In person it's a closer match to the doors and dash.

Ford Bronco BaseSquatch Base Sasquatch Bronco Club IMG_20220325_141209376_HDR

Ford Bronco BaseSquatch Base Sasquatch Bronco Club IMG_20220325_141223713_HDR

Last edited:

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

JCR has a very reasonable gas tank skid plate available.
https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/BR6SD-TNK.html

Yeah, I think I'm going that route. I just think that it's strange that Ford would give you the option to upgrade to lockers/4.7 gears, 35's and more and leave your gas tank extremely exposed. Even the base sport Jeep Wrangler has a gas skid... Just seems like a dumb oversight to me.

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have not bought any skid plates yet. That is very high on the list of things to do. Transmission pan looks very vulnerable also.

The lift is Icon 3" spacer lift. Hope to upgrade to their coilovers eventually.
At least the transmission pan is tucked up and protected some by the cross members. The T-Case and gas tank are way more vulnerable IMO.

Sponsored

Broncoman7072

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 70 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah, I think I'm going that route. I just think that it's strange that Ford would give you the option to upgrade to lockers/4.7 gears, 35's and more and leave your gas tank extremely exposed. Even the base sport Jeep Wrangler has a gas skid... Just seems like a dumb oversight to me.
Tell me about it.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's me, too.

I idiotically relinquished a July reservation because I wanted a 2-door manual base squatch and didn't want to "accidentally" get a 2021. So now, my later reservation puts me on a long waiting list, especially with Ford having so many problems building us any 2-doors.šŸ˜„

BaseSquatch for the win!
Oh boy I thought you had yours by nowšŸ™ˆ
Misery loves companyā¤

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think of it like this. Ford thew us a bone letting us get the Sasquatch package with a base vehicle. If you want the full turnkey offroad thing, you should go with the Wildtrack or Badlands.
Those going with the Base Sasquatch are the people that just want a canvas to build their own 4x4 on. So they sold us the hard parts and left the rest for us to complete however we want. Someone who has a shop, with steel and a welder, can make all their own parts for less than what Ford could sell it for.

Sponsored

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm looking for a decent steering wheel cover for the plastic. Depending on the time of the year when the vehicle shows up, that could be the first thing I look for.

Since mine is a manual transmission, I'll be getting an aftermarket security/remote start system.

Kramku1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Since the base has no key and no auto lock what is to stop someone hopping in and driving off while you're still close to the car šŸ¤”

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm looking for a decent steering wheel cover for the plastic. Depending on the time of the year when the vehicle shows up, that could be the first thing I look for.

Since mine is a manual transmission, I'll be getting an aftermarket security/remote start system.
I ordered the wheel for the BB from flip at ruxer parts. Took a little over a month to get in stock but was a pretty easy swap. Iā€™m going to write it up and post soon. Iā€™ve also reached out to redlinegoods leather to see if theyā€™d want to use my plastic take off for R&D to make an custom fit re-sellable leather wrap, granted I did as for it to come back with leather on it so weā€™ll see how that goes.

removal of the airbag and trim is easy and I think you could do that without unbolting the wheel. If redline comes up with a custom fit wrap, that might be the best route to go. BB wheel was $330 shipped and is okay leather; not the nicest wheel Iā€™ve had

Notmattwong

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think of it like this. Ford thew us a bone letting us get the Sasquatch package with a base vehicle. If you want the full turnkey offroad thing, you should go with the Wildtrack or Badlands.
Those going with the Base Sasquatch are the people that just want a canvas to build their own 4x4 on. So they sold us the hard parts and left the rest for us to complete however we want. Someone who has a shop, with steel and a welder, can make all their own parts for less than what Ford could sell it for.
Base Sasquatch is the perfect package for me. I had an FJ cruiser and the Sasquatch package pretty much adds everything I wanted to put on the FJ. The only thing else Iā€™d need is skids and a winch solution. The only thing Iā€™d want extra from a badlands is that sweet stabilizer bar disconnect but Iā€™m sure aftermarket solutions are being developed. I left out the creature comforts and let my wife have the nicer technology in her outer banks bronco sport.
Sponsored