First Name
Jameson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@BronchoPeat how are you fairing on MPG and feeling about the 2.3 now that you’ve had it for a couple of weeks?
Sponsored

OP
OP
BronchoPeat

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.evergreenclothier.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tiguan S w/4motion | '14 Fiesta SE Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@BronchoPeat how are you fairing on MPG and feeling about the 2.3 now that you’ve had it for a couple of weeks?
I’m climbing towards 18 with combined driving, about 60% city, 40% highway. It seems to be improving as I get closer to 500 total miles. Honestly anything beyond 18 will just be icing for as much driving as I do normally. Probably going to have to get the EZ rack for certain longer trips (i.e. Kentucky adventure trail).

I think the 2.3 is great, it’s got good power when I need it, it feels smooth, and with the windows down and radio off you can hear a nice mild whistle of the turbo.

I really want a twill TrekTop for summer so I gotta look into that. I think I’ll run my MIC in the winter. The TrekTop seems like a lot less work for summer fun in Cleveland weather.

jllanglo

First Name
Jameson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m climbing towards 18 with combined driving, about 60% city, 40% highway. It seems to be improving as I get closer to 500 total miles. Honestly anything beyond 18 will just be icing for as much driving as I do normally. Probably going to have to get the EZ rack for certain longer trips (i.e. Kentucky adventure trail).

I think the 2.3 is great, it’s got good power when I need it, it feels smooth, and with the windows down and radio off you can hear a nice mild whistle of the turbo.

I really want a twill TrekTop for summer so I gotta look into that. I think I’ll run my MIC in the winter. The TrekTop seems like a lot less work for summer fun in Cleveland weather.
Awesome man thank you! TrekTop will be sweet.

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
"Post-impact" braking...really...I don't get that...seems to me the impact was the brake...
Not every collision is perfect. More often than not, after the initial collision a vehicle will continue to roll. Most current auto transmission are designed to drop into neutral in the event of a collision. If the driver is incapacitated, the vehicle could roll out of control.

PrevCYBRTRKrez

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4dr Badlands, 2020 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well after some time living with the 2 door, how is the infant car seat going? My wife is 8 months pregnant, and I am trying to justify the 2 door. LOL. I have crawled in the back of a 2 door at SuperCel East, but not sure how the baby life will translate.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BronchoPeat

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well after some time living with the 2 door, how is the infant car seat going? My wife is 8 months pregnant, and I am trying to justify the 2 door. LOL. I have crawled in the back of a 2 door at SuperCel East, but not sure how the baby life will translate.
If you get the right seat, it's not bad at all. I recommend using this seat (https://www.chiccousa.com/shop-our-products/car-seats/chicco-keyfit-30-infant-car-seat/). for a few reasons :

1 - The release button is awesome and it almost never gets stuck. We also have a Graco snugride snuglock 30 and sometimes depending on how you lift it, it will get stuck.
2- the seatbelt release is easy to see and operates smoothly with minimal effort
3- it's compact and light but very protective and comfortable for the little one.

With the passenger seat pulled forward, it's gotten pretty easy to get the infant seat in and out, even with the ham strapped in. I usually don't even get in, I just put the seat through the widest part of the opening and then lower it into the base.

I understand that some will not be fond of doing this and will find it simpler to just get the 4 door. I knew that I would be okay with it so here I am haha! It will get easier when we can get to the front-facing toddler seat and even easier when he can climb in and out on his own. The biggest benefit of doing all of this is that my son doesn't have to grow up knowing that he was the sole reason that his father wasn't able to enjoy his 2 door Bronco for the foreseeable future.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

"Post-impact" braking...really...I don't get that...seems to me the impact was the brake...
If you get rear-ended very hard, there's a good chance your foot will be forced off the brake pedal or at least you'll reduce pressure on it for a time. This feature stops the rolling so that you don't then roll into the intersection and get T-boned.

PrevCYBRTRKrez

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you get the right seat, it's not bad at all. I recommend using this seat (https://www.chiccousa.com/shop-our-products/car-seats/chicco-keyfit-30-infant-car-seat/). for a few reasons :

1 - The release button is awesome and it almost never gets stuck. We also have a Graco snugride snuglock 30 and sometimes depending on how you lift it, it will get stuck.
2- the seatbelt release is easy to see and operates smoothly with minimal effort
3- it's compact and light but very protective and comfortable for the little one.

With the passenger seat pulled forward, it's gotten pretty easy to get the infant seat in and out, even with the ham strapped in. I usually don't even get in, I just put the seat through the widest part of the opening and then lower it into the base.

I understand that some will not be fond of doing this and will find it simpler to just get the 4 door. I knew that I would be okay with it so here I am haha! It will get easier when we can get to the front-facing toddler seat and even easier when he can climb in and out on his own. The biggest benefit of doing all of this is that my son doesn't have to grow up knowing that he was the sole reason that his father wasn't able to enjoy his 2 door Bronco for the foreseeable future.
Man, you have just made me change my mind on 6 months of telling myself a 4 door was what I needed. Lol. How often are you putting the baby in and out?

PrevCYBRTRKrez

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Man, you have just made me change my mind on 6 months of telling myself a 4 door was what I needed. Lol. How often are you putting the baby in and out?

Sponsored
OP
OP
BronchoPeat

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I use my Bronco virtually every day and because my wife works in office and I work from home, I take my son everywhere I need to go so he’s in an out probably 4-5 times a day.

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
I use my Bronco virtually every day and because my wife works in office and I work from home, I take my son everywhere I need to go so he’s in an out probably 4-5 times a day.
I would lose my mind if I had to deal with that. A newborn would be easy because they are already in the seat, but I don't know how you'd buckle in a rear facing 18 month old without climbing in the back seat with them to do it.

OP
OP
BronchoPeat

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would lose my mind if I had to deal with that. A newborn would be easy because they are already in the seat, but I don't know how you'd buckle in a rear facing 18 month old without climbing in the back seat with them to do it.
I don’t get in the back seat, I put him in the seat and then I lower the seat into the base with him already inside. The stroller we use is a snap-n-go so the car seat just drops into the stroller when it comes out of the car.

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don’t get in the back seat, I put him in the seat and then I lower the seat into the base with him already inside. The stroller we use is a snap-n-go so the car seat just drops into the stroller when it comes out of the car.
well there it is, our infant seat was like that, but when we had to get a bigger seat as she got past the infant stage we lost that functionality.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

just wondering, thoughts on the steering wheel material? i believe base and big bend don't have the leather wrapped wheels. how does it feel? why kind of material is it?
Sponsored