Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Okay, as I shared in another thread here, my beloved 2021 4-door AMB Black Diamond non-Squatch is likely totaled, though not yet confirmed. Once that's settled, I'll be ordering another Bronco ASAP. I was determined to order the exact same build (but another color unfortunately), as I love everything about it. Of course, as you all know, any period of wait allows for wondering.

I started wondering if maybe I should switch, for about the same price, to a 4-door BaseSquatch. Just not sure. I didn't even think I liked the look of a Squatch, and I really love the rubber floors and MGV of the BD--best interior I've ever had.

Anyway, any insights or opinions comparing these two would be of interest. If Squatch would add any delay to production, definitely not going that route.

Thanks.
Sponsored

ab_slack

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Explorer and 87 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I haven't heard of constraints on squatch, the big constraints seem to be MIC top and tow. But I think there are lesser constraints on other items such that the more advanced options the less likely the build. My July 2020 reservation2 door, black diamond mansquach with advanced 4x4 is still languishing without a build date, but a new order I placed end of November for a base with auto trans as only option got assigned a build in less than 2 months.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Personally… I think Black Diamond is the best value-for-your-dollar from the factory overall. BUT, we’ve reach the point where aftermarket rock rails, skid plates, etc. are starting to become more available. So you have a new options available to you that you didn’t have back when you first got your Black Diamond.

If you were sticking with the factory setup, I’d still get a Black Diamond. If you were planning on upgrading over time, I think Basesquatch makes more sense. It’ll be cheaper to make a Basesquatch more like a Black Diamond than a Black Diamond more like a Basesquatch. (Hopefully that made sense.)

I haven't heard of constraints on squatch, the big constraints seem to be MIC top and tow. But I think there are lesser constraints on other items such that the more advanced options the less likely the build.
The front locking axle is a “minor” constraint. But as you said, MIC and tow are the big ones.

Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sasquatch is a current constraint. But if that's what you really want don't compromise.

There is a possibility that Armorlite may eventually make their washout flooring for the Bronco like they do for the Wrangler and Gladiator. And the same with PRP and their MGV seat covers.

Ford Bronco BaseSquatch or Black Diamond? 4344BD75-A7F4-4CFE-9901-C1BF4122FEDB

Ford Bronco BaseSquatch or Black Diamond? 2C09AA31-600A-4EB2-A226-BB067247684C

stimeyjacob

Base
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1997 F250, 1975 Firebird, 1987 Samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a basesquatch ordered, so much more tech and do-dads than my 2016 f150

OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Never mind. Sticking with BD. Probably Oxford White like this one.

9345A20D-87E6-4477-9064-E8B5E0CFF1F0.jpeg

zerk4321

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

To each their own. For me, a base squatch is the best bang for the buck. you get 35” tires, upgraded position sensitive shocks, front and rear lockers. I also added the modular bumper. I then purchased rock rails off of someone locally at a fraction of the cost. I purchased an aftermarket hitch for a fraction of the cost and wiring harness. I will add rear window tint (since the base doesn’t come with that) and eventually katzkin leather seats. With aftermarket additions, it’s still cheaper. I will take it off-road (nothing too crazy), so it makes sense for me. Now I just need Ford to ship it to me.

Sponsored

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sasquatch is a current constraint. But if that's what you really want don't compromise.

There is a possibility that Armorlite may eventually make their washout flooring for the Bronco like they do for the Wrangler and Gladiator. And the same with PRP and their MGV seat covers.

Ford Bronco BaseSquatch or Black Diamond? 9345A20D-87E6-4477-9064-E8B5E0CFF1F0

Ford Bronco BaseSquatch or Black Diamond? 9345A20D-87E6-4477-9064-E8B5E0CFF1F0
sorry, what do the percentages mean??

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2.7 Black Diamond Sasquatch! Good luck changing that Base interior.
Sasquatch makes your Bronco stand out. You only live once.

Black Diamond:

MGV
Rock rails
Steel rear bumper
Tinted windows
Tow hitch capable
Extra Goat modes
Much better steering wheel
Rubber floors
Grille (white letters)
Mid package availability
Extra grab handle

Auto transmission
Electronic brake assist
One pedal drive
Trail turn assist
30 more HP -90 ft/lbs more torque

Jason hamilton

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I say White BD. I added Methods and 33" tires

Ford Bronco BaseSquatch or Black Diamond? Method wheels

The interior and Mid package was the deciding factor for me. Also plan to lift and roll 37's

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My BD Sasquatch with no other options was 49k out the door. I think the MGV, rubber floors, and upfitter switches were worth it. I also got the mod bumper (std on 2021s). Only way I would go base is if I planned on lots of mods.
Sponsored