Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey
Some of you know me on here, so you are aware I have ordered a second Bronco and why. This time around she's a 2 door BaseSquatch with aux switches and modular bumper. My other option is a 2 door BD with mid. What will I be missing out on going with the BaseSquatch and forgoing the mid. I know what it includes but I feel like I may be missing something here going with the Base. Its apples and oranges, just not certain Sasquatch is worth it. BaseSquatch ends up at around 40K whereas the BD comes in around 41K give or take. I'm sure others have gone back and forth like me so I'm hoping to piggyback off of your wisdom or lessons learned. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

CycloneFPV

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For me it came down to the Squatch package. I knew what ever trim level I went with I wanted the Squatch. I knew I was going to offroad my Bronco and the stuff the Squatch package gives you is super expensive doing after the fact. Some people look at the Squatch package as just a lift and tires, but it so much more than that with a warranty to boot.

CaptHugemeat

Base
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 CTS-V Racecar, 2018 CTS-V, 2022 Model Y Perf.
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't know the specific differences between the two models and the mid package off-hand. I know you can look up what the difference are online, BUT I have a BaseSquatch and after having owner a F150 Raptor that was loaded, the only real things I miss are the heated seats and automatic climate control. Again, I'm not even sure if those are included in the mid anyway. I'd also like the sway bar disconnect of the higher trims as well, but obviously not a dealbreaker.

I had to have Sasquatch as I plan to really wheel this thing hard and the BaseSquatch gives me everything I need essentially. Not sure if that really answers your question, but I still think BaseSquatch is the best value if you intend to use it off-road. Just keep in mind that the creature comforts are basically non-existent.

OP
OP
Moya7

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't know the specific differences between the two models and the mid package off-hand. I know you can look up what the difference are online, BUT I have a BaseSquatch and after having owner a F150 Raptor that was loaded, the only real things I miss are the heated seats and automatic climate control. Again, I'm not even sure if those are included in the mid anyway. I'd also like the sway bar disconnect of the higher trims as well, but obviously not a dealbreaker.

I had to have Sasquatch as I plan to really wheel this thing hard and the BaseSquatch gives me everything I need essentially. Not sure if that really answers your question, but I still think BaseSquatch is the best value if you intend to use it off-road. Just keep in mind that the creature comforts are basically non-existent.
Thank you for your response. You still have Apple CarPlay with the Base though, right? I love it and want it for sure. I'm not a big off roader but I'd like to learn more. I love to drive and am not afraid of rough terrain. I also don't need a huge screen but I do like heated seats. Getting the BD with Sasquatch is more than I'd like to spend and the Badlands starts out too expensive, and thats without Mid. OK now my heads spinning, make it stop! 🤣

Sponsored
OP
OP
Moya7

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
For me it came down to the Squatch package. I knew what ever trim level I went with I wanted the Squatch. I knew I was going to offroad my Bronco and the stuff the Squatch package gives you is super expensive doing after the fact. Some people look at the Squatch package as just a lift and tires, but it so much more than that with a warranty to boot.
My thoughts exactly plus better for resale. All the waiting makes me question my decision. My other Bronco was a 4 door soft top BD with aux and Mid. Even though I have dogs I really want the iconic 2 door. Thinking I will do a rear seat delete and build a platform (actually have someone else do it for me) as I'm terrified of power saws! Is yours a 2 or 4 door? Thanks!

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Apple Carplay and Android Auto remain in the base package.

CaptHugemeat

Base
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 CTS-V Racecar, 2018 CTS-V, 2022 Model Y Perf.
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank you for your response. You still have Apple CarPlay with the Base though, right? I love it and want it for sure. I'm not a big off roader but I'd like to learn more. I love to drive and am not afraid of rough terrain. I also don't need a huge screen but I do like heated seats. Getting the BD with Sasquatch is more than I'd like to spend and the Badlands starts out too expensive, and thats without Mid. OK now my heads spinning, make it stop! 🤣
Wireless Apple CarPlay which is actually pretty slick. So you're set there. If you don't plan to do some serious off-roading, I don't think you necessarily need Sasquatch. the 4WD system should be more than sufficient to get your feet wet and have some fun.

I cant tell you how many different trims I priced up. I finally just had to commit to one or my head was going to explode! Full disclosure, I still had my Raptor when I got my Bronco, but if I would have sold it before ordering, I likely would have gone with a Badlands w/ Sasquatch. But I still love my Base!

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Posted this on the Base Owners thread a couple of days ago.

Basesquatch is the Bronco cheat code. Imagine if this screenshot had a separate "Sasquatch Edition"... priced at $35885 (between the Big Bend and the Black Diamond)... can you imagine how many more takers there would be at that price point if they openly advertised it as such?

Ford Bronco BaseSquatch versus BD with mid. 1BB4C49B-E6A5-403D-9A45-102B4950A4FC

... oh, and it gets its own distinctive fender badging? ... which happens to have the coolest design... with the best name? ... and has (in the opinion of many) the most attractive and subtle grille... that's truest to the original? C'mon, man.

I know it's just my opinion, but I think Basesquatch buyers are lucky the thought of buying anything "Base" with a rubber steering wheel... without fadish halo lights.. or idiot lights to tell them someone's in their side mirror... or software to steer them into back into their own lane... is simply beneath a lot of people. Fine with me - that's the itch the other 6 models scratch to varying degrees.

In fact, I think the Basesquatch is legitimately an "8th model" that Ford has hidden in plain sight as a "package"... at an amazing value. For those that want all the capability but don't give a damn about being seen as "base"... I think it says a lot about the buyer.

I'm really grateful Ford didn't follow the Rubicon approach, where you have to go to the highest trim to get the best functional gear... because I think, in so many ways, the base model really captures the soul of the original. If anything, it may even be too plush :)

-------

To specifically answer your question... in addition to the BD's rear locker, you get a front locker, position-sensitive Bilstein shocks (HOSS suspension), 4.7 gears, 35s, and about 2" of extra ground clearance.

To me, that's worth more than MGV, a washout interior, rock rails, and a capable bumper.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Moya7

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wireless Apple CarPlay which is actually pretty slick. So you're set there. If you don't plan to do some serious off-roading, I don't think you necessarily need Sasquatch. the 4WD system should be more than sufficient to get your feet wet and have some fun.

I cant tell you how many different trims I priced up. I finally just had to commit to one or my head was going to explode! Full disclosure, I still had my Raptor when I got my Bronco, but if I would have sold it before ordering, I likely would have gone with a Badlands w/ Sasquatch. But I still love my Base!
Also have you experienced any issues with the 2.7. My other Bronco was a 2.3 and it drove great but I upped to the 2.7 because of Sasquatch. There should be options to chip the 2.3 in future so now I'm thinking I'll switch to the 2.3. Coming from the Raptor I get why you went with the 2.7 twin turbo. My other car is a 3 liter twin turbo m240i, its a rocket ship so I'm used to great pick-up so a chip would be in the cards.

Regarding Sas v nonSas, my grown son has encouraged me to go with Sas this time for the resale value and fun factor. Now my head is going to explode! ha!

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Pilot, 2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My thoughts exactly plus better for resale. All the waiting makes me question my decision. My other Bronco was a 4 door soft top BD with aux and Mid. Even though I have dogs I really want the iconic 2 door. Thinking I will do a rear seat delete and build a platform (actually have someone else do it for me) as I'm terrified of power saws! Is yours a 2 or 4 door? Thanks!
Gotta respectfully disagree on resale point. Base SAS says it’s been wheeled hard and wheeling community is smaller than general population who like the lifestyle of Bronco and the comforts of heated seats and auto climate control (and better fuel economy).
There are so many articles and videos of how incredibly capable non-SAS broncos are (any trim), that given you’re only looking to get more into the wheeling scene sounds like an overreach getting the base SAS.
of course this is from a guy with a BD non-SAS on order since the description above also applies to me. 😉 😎
Sponsored