bladen005

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m torn between purchasing a base with sasquatch… or getting the medium package with the Big Bend. They both come out to roughly $45.5k. I don't plan off-road often, but I like the feel of larger trucks and the lift. I’ve thought about doing an aftermarket lift, but don’t really feel comfortable doing it myself, and don’t want to risk losing my factory warranty… it’s either coming from the factory, or it isn’t happening. The extra safety and convenience features of the Big Bend really appeal to me (lane-keep assist, reverse sensors, heated seats, remote start, auto door unlock/lock, etc.). I just can’t get over the apparently smaller Bronco without the signature Sasquatch look. However, the Big Bend feaures will help me out in the long run. Please help me decide.
Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Base Sasquatch, not even close. In the end you'll want the tires and lift, you'll drop $3-4k, and you'll be undergeared, with the small axles and open diffs. The plain Broncos just look underwhelming.

Last edited:

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Get what really suits your wants and needs best. Be honest with yourself.

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2019 BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From your post it sounds like your deciding between looks (lift, bigger tires) of the base Sasquatch or the comforts of the Big Bend. If you don’t plan on getting into off-roading I think the Big Bend is your best bet. I have a Big Bend and love it. I think there are also some things you can do to get your desired look without doing a lift.

Victoryengineer

Raptor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kubota 7040, Polaris 570, Victory MC, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Looks like you're going to have to settle one way or the other unless you can pony up some more money to get it all. All things have a cost so you can either afford everything or you can't.

Sponsored

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m torn between purchasing a base with sasquatch… or getting the medium package with the Big Bend. They both come out to roughly $45.5k. I don't plan off-road often, but I like the feel of larger trucks and the lift. I’ve thought about doing an aftermarket lift, but don’t really feel comfortable doing it myself, and don’t want to risk losing my factory warranty… it’s either coming from the factory, or it isn’t happening. The extra safety and convenience features of the Big Bend really appeal to me (lane-keep assist, reverse sensors, heated seats, remote start, auto door unlock/lock, etc.). I just can’t get over the apparently smaller Bronco without the signature Sasquatch look. However, the Big Bend feaures will help me out in the long run. Please help me decide.
I had the same debate. I went Base Sasquatch 4 DR with the 2.3. In the end, I just wanted the better drivetrain in the event that I'd start off-roading. I've finally took her off-road the other day, on the nice sandy beaches of southeast Texas. The big tires at street pressure with the rear locker engaged made it easy work. I think it also helps the Bronco carries a lot of weight. Now would the Big Bend with the locker have made it, yep. Would it have been a little hairier, probably. Tires are a lot skinnier on the Big Bend.

Back to the question though....I think replacing the stock tires with more of an AT tread and all black wall will help with the visuals.

Also, have you thought of an Outer Banks? Only because there appears to much better tire selections.

After have 12K on mine, I'm beginning to think that an Outer Banks with more of an AT tire would have been the better play, but the Base Sasquatch is loved by the family and it is my youngest favorite for road trips.

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Flip a coin

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Base Sasquatch it’s the better value. If your handy you can add backup sensors and heated seats yourself for under $400. If you want nice leather Katskins with heat I think people have been saying around $1600( less if you shop eBay and install yourself. The lane assist is meh. The front rear lockers, better gearing is stuff you cannot add for a low cost and will give you better resale value if you ever want to part with it.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Only you can make that decision. Creature comforts or cool lifted look. Sounds like either way you go you may have regrets.

Solution: Big Bend Sasquatch.

Yeah it's more money. But you will have everything you want. And best of all the one thing you don't want. Buyers remorse.

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm going BB with mid package for the creature comforts plus I'm adding larger tires , ordered mine with 4.27 gears & auto 10 sp.
might go with different wheels , still up in the air with that.
Ohh and it's a 2door ;) HPR

Sponsored

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
In my early days of deciding on the Bronco I was in a similar situation. The options of the mid package you can get on big bend or black diamond appealed to me and would be nice, but it came down to choosing between sasquatch and those options. The value seems to be really great with base + sasquatch, and the only options I really cared about with mid was heated seats. So I went base with squatch. It sounds like you are considering base squatch purely on the look, so I would go big bend and just get a more aggressive tire when the stock tires wear out. You can achieve a similar look just doing this.

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I’ll be honest with you, I’m more than satisfied with the loom and stance of the Big Bend even stock. Pictures don’t do it justice. Now, clearly there’s a difference in the Squatch in height and stance as it’s much more aggressive. You will get much better gas mileage (sorry, petroleum, just too expensive to call it gas right now) with the Big Bend and it sounds like comfort and features mean more to you. You can always add a 33” tire when the factory tires need replacing and get a little more aggressive look. I love the Squatch but I’m satisfied with the Big Bend stock at least for now.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was between BaseSquatch and Black DIamond + mid. I went with BaseSquatch and before it arrived I started to regret it but now that it is here I wouldn't want it any other way.

I did add heated seats after market because I think those are necessary (in Ohio at least) to fully enjoy the soft top as much of the year as possible.

Beyond that - to me, there is nothing gained by adding all the tech and luxury features to a purpose built off road rig. road noise is still a factor, the tops still creak or leak air, the windows are still going to wobble when you open the door, all the issues that are there are still going to be there you'll just have spent a lot more for them.

I know the additional money I did spend went towards goodies like lockers, rear end, bilstein shocks, 35s, etc.

Theowlhoothoot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3 Performance
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ez. Buy base squatch and you can upgrade seats via katzkin. Either base squatch or black diamond.

Tires, rim, and suspension for me our Big Bend came out for about 3k and we still don't have lockers.
Sponsored