Sponsored

Bash Plates are Plastic on my OBX 2023 (UPDATE) OBX is a MISBUILD. Well this is good news. My dealership got me all new bash plates and installed

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My dealer said itā€™s considered a ā€œmisbuildā€ when this happens and the first step is submit a photo to Ford, which triggers shipment of the correct part. For posterity here, Iā€™ll share that photo.
Ford Bronco Bash Plates are Plastic on my OBX 2023 (UPDATE) OBX is a MISBUILD.     Well this is good news. My dealership got me all new bash plates and installed 462A75D7-4F9F-49DD-BB03-93D44127CA18

Bababue

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250 lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was also missing the upgraded floor mats and the bag for the 2nd row roof panel
Bag for second row roof??? Thatā€™s news to me.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealer said itā€™s considered a ā€œmisbuildā€ when this happens and the first step is submit a photo to Ford, which triggers shipment of the correct part. For posterity here, Iā€™ll share that photo.
462A75D7-4F9F-49DD-BB03-93D44127CA18.jpeg
I still think there is a transition going on and Ford hasn't updated the window sticker verbiage. Your photos shows it clearly that it is a different plastic skid plate than the plastic skid plate that comes with stock plastic bumpers. The stock plastic skid with the plastic bumpers is all black whereas this skid seems to have a finish that matches the powder coat on the modular bumper. It has a "grainy" finish.

Now, ask yourselves, why Ford would have 2 different plastic skids? There has been enough cases that it isn't a one-off misbuild. For everyone taking delivery that optioned the modular bumper, best to be thorough in checking that you get the steel bash plate. Don't let weeks go by before letting the dealer know.

Last edited:

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I still think there is a transition going on and Ford hasn't updated the window sticker verbiage. You photos shows it clearly that it is a different plastic skid plate than the plastic skid plate that comes with stock plastic bumpers. The stock plastic skid with the plastic bumpers is all black whereas this skid seems to have a finish that matches the powder coat on the modular bumper. It has a "grainy" finish.

Now, ask yourselves, why Ford would have 2 different plastic skids? There has been enough cases that it isn't a one-off misbuild. For everyone taking delivery that optioned the modular bumper, best to be thorough in checking that you get the steel bash plate. Don't let weeks go by before letting the dealer know.
The shape of it is also different than the normal plastic splash guard/ "skid"

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The shape of it is also different than the normal plastic splash guard/ "skid"
That too. I figured that was obvious and didn't mention it. But there is a deliberate color tone to match that of the modular bumper so as to not draw suspicion. Parts just don't happen to be available on the line without being deliberate.

I'm just waiting "for the other shoe to drop" when Ford comes out with communication stating the change in the future. Seems sleazy that customers had to discover these "misbuilds" when it really is no accident.

Bronck

Base
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
That too. I figured that was obvious and didn't mention it. But there is a deliberate color tone to match that of the modular bumper so as to not draw suspicion. Parts just don't happen to be available on the line without being deliberate.

I'm just waiting "for the other shoe to drop" when Ford comes out with communication stating the change in the future. Seems sleazy that customers had to discover these "misbuilds" when it really is no accident.
Steel skid delete-credit $50

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wondering what skid comes standard with the capable bumper and maybe if itā€™s plastic itā€™s the same as the one being installed in place of the metal ones?

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Steel skid delete-credit $50
šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ Yeah right theyā€™d never cough up $50 for that. Ask the folks with no subwoofer.

Dude1967

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco 2 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wondering what skid comes standard with the capable bumper and maybe if itā€™s plastic itā€™s the same as the one being installed in place of the metal ones?
See the Capable Bumper isn't an option on other trims and is only standard on the Black Diamond and Badlands. They both include full steel bash/skid plate regardless of which bumper is optioned.

This "grainy powder coat" looking plastic skid is new for MY'23. My supposition is that a change is coming from Ford on trims that have a plastic bumper standard in that when the modular bumper is optioned on those trims, this "upgraded" plastic skid is used.

Until they update the verbiage on the window sticker, then all these can be considered "misbuilds".

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

See the Capable Bumper isn't an option on other trims and is only standard on the Black Diamond and Badlands. They both include full steel bash/skid plate regardless of which bumper is optioned.

This "grainy powder coat" looking plastic skid is new for MY'23. My supposition is that a change is coming from Ford on trims that have a plastic bumper standard in that when the modular bumper is optioned on those trims, this "upgraded" plastic skid is used.

Until they update the verbiage on the window sticker, then all these can be considered "misbuilds".
Oh yeah! Been a while since I specā€™d a black diamond on B&P. But youā€™re right.

I agree. I think the process of weeding out options/components that are less-desirable, constrained, or loss leaders, happens ā€œmid-yearā€ across makes/models. But the way Ford is backing into them is bizarre.

Red Devil's Rebel

Outer Banks
First Name
Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Green OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yep, this happened to me as well.
Picked up my OBX SAS with the modular steel bumper and *plastic* "bash plate".
If they want to change fine - later, after the descriptions and order forms are revised, but if all ours were ordered this way as stated/promised in all the order info, and my window sticker, then Ford has an obligation to deliver what was promised.
I think they should send us out the proper, promised *STEEL* bash plates to the dealers so that the plastic ones can be replaced at no cost to us, of course.
@Ford Motor Company are you paying attention? Please help us fix this issue!! Thank you!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yep, this happened to me as well.
Picked up my OBX SAS with the modular steel bumper and *plastic* "bash plate".
If they want to change fine - later, after the descriptions and order forms are revised, but if all ours were ordered this way as stated/promised in all the order info, and my window sticker, then Ford has an obligation to deliver what was promised.
I think they should send us out the proper, promised *STEEL* bash plates to the dealers so that the plastic ones can be replaced at no cost to us, of course.
@Ford Motor Company are you paying attention? Please help us fix this issue!! Thank you!
@Ford Motor Company says...

Ford Bronco Bash Plates are Plastic on my OBX 2023 (UPDATE) OBX is a MISBUILD.     Well this is good news. My dealership got me all new bash plates and installed monkey-funny

nothing... LOL
Sponsored