Sponsored

Bash Plates are Plastic on my OBX 2023 (UPDATE) OBX is a MISBUILD. Well this is good news. My dealership got me all new bash plates and installed

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I hope wifes bronco (in production) doesn’t come with plastic “bash plate” cause our dealer is 3 hours away 😂
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hope wifes bronco (in production) doesn’t come with plastic “bash plate” cause our dealer is 3 hours away 😂
When the dealer does the PDI, have them check and file a misbuild ticket if necessary. They can hold your Bronco until the part arrives to correct the deficiency.

G-Waggin

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac SRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Picked mine up today and have the plastic skid plate issue. Dealership is opening up a mis-build ticket. Hoping it's the only issue. The roof isn't as well aligned as I would like.

G-Waggin

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac SRX
Your Bronco Model
Base

G-Waggin

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac SRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Quick update: Ford is aware of the problem and acknowledges it is a mis-build. Fix should be coming, but issue with proper part not vin-matching. Makes me think there is an upcoming "bash plate delete" that came out before window stickers were changed. I'll update once fixed. Dealership seems to be on top of it; great experience with them.

Sponsored
OP
OP
M&M Beer

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I ordered an OBX with SAS, MOD BUMPER, thought that the steel bash plates were steel till I climbed under and to my amassment they were cheep plastic. One rock or snow drift and that cheep plastic skid plate would be junk. Has anyone else have this same problem? I have contacted my dealership to look into the problem.
3E68D637-4FBB-47C8-9A96-42BBB8F9195A.jpeg
Just got informed that my bash plates need to be replaced waiting for part number

OP
OP
M&M Beer

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OP
OP
M&M Beer

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Picked mine up today and have the plastic skid plate issue. Dealership is opening up a mis-build ticket. Hoping it's the only issue. The roof isn't as well aligned as I would like.
Ford is replacing mine

OP
OP
M&M Beer

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Climb under the front end and check it out before you leave.

OP
OP
M&M Beer

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Am I following the thread correctly that the plastic "bash plate" is different than the plastic that comes with the standard bumper? That sounds more like a sneaky move than a mis-build. Do I have any protection since the steel plate is listed on my window sticker? $850 with installation to correct: Bronco 2Dr 2021-2023 Steel Full Body Bash Plate for Vehicles with Modu ~ MB3Z5D032D (ford.com)

@Ford Motor Company what's the story?
It came with a plastic plate I ordered the steel one with MOD bumper

Sponsored
OP
OP
M&M Beer

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is the engine skid plate steel/existent?
I’m gonna be furious if my basemansquatch shows up in a week with a plastic bash plate instead of a steel one. That makes the $825 mod bumper option really close to buying an aftermarket bumper at full retail price 😑
Isn’t this illegal since it specifically says steel?
Make sure you look at it

OP
OP
M&M Beer

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The B&P always has the disclaimer that it is only to be used for "marketing" so it should never be the final word. The Dealer Order Guide takes precedent when ordering. The window sticker indicating a steel bash plate when optioning the modular bumper provides the buyer recourse to file a ticket for a mis-build.

I'm thinking the language on the window stickers hasn't been updated to reflect the cost savings measure. If you look at the video provided, the plastic skid plate is different than the standard plastic skid plate that comes with the plastic bumper. I have a feeling that there has been a change for MY'23 and that only the BD/BL that have a steel bash plate standard will have the steel bash plate for the modular bumper. Other trims that option the modular steel bumper will have an upgraded plastic skid plate.

It is only my supposition. But it won't be the first time that Ford has instituted cost savings changes without publicly communicating them. We need more buyers for MY'23 to confirm whether their Bronco has the steel bash plate or plastic skid plate on trims other than BD/BL that have optioned the modular bumper.
Ford is putting a steel one on

Red Devil's Rebel

Outer Banks
First Name
Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Green OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Quick update: Ford is aware of the problem and acknowledges it is a mis-build. Fix should be coming, but issue with proper part not vin-matching. Makes me think there is an upcoming "bash plate delete" that came out before window stickers were changed. I'll update once fixed. Dealership seems to be on top of it; great experience with them.
Thank you for the update!!
Your dealer is much more on top of this than most - including mine!
Which dealership do you use? Not sure yet who I want to use for service.

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Climb under the front end and check it out before you leave.
I definitely will, but knowing Ford they will only ship to dealer and then I’ll have to get dealer to ship to me, not driving 3 hours to have something put on I can do myself

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My dealer requested a photo (I’m a couple hours away) to verify the incorrect skid. Then they said they can’t identify the incorrect skid with certainty so I’ll need to bring it in. So I offered to remove it myself and take photos of all sides and the part numbers. So, that’s where we’re at. I know I’d rather be disassembling parts of my bronco than driving it…

@Ford Motor Company how about some truth on this? Was it a honest (albeit repeated) mistake, or did you install these redesigned plastic skids while crossing your fingers in hopes that your customers (who paid for the metal skids) wouldn’t notice they were shorted? Do the benefits outweigh the costs if only a few of us notice this mistake and request a replacement? I shudder at the capitalist math happening among your top brass. 🤮
Sponsored