Sponsored

Bash Plates are Plastic on my OBX 2023 (UPDATE) OBX is a MISBUILD. Well this is good news. My dealership got me all new bash plates and installed

riverotter

Outer Banks
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 4dr OBX, Lux, Sas, 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I finally got my OBX (2023) after waiting well over two years. I ordered the modular bumper, and it has a plastic front bash plate as well. I contacted my dealer, and they're "looking into it". I'm going to ask about it again when I take it to have the "Parking Brake Fault" fixed later this week.
Sponsored

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Keep us posted. I'm sure when I pick my 2023 OBX, Sasquatch with modular bumper it will also have the plastic skid. It's been sitting at a rail yard 25 miles from my dealer for 12 days so I'm hoping to see it in the next week or two.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone having a problem with their dealer filing a mis-build ticket and getting the correct steel bash plate, just point out the the Bronco Brand Manager, Matt Winter, knows this is happening. This is a screenshot of the transcript of the Live Q/A that Bronco Nation held with him recently.

Ford Bronco Bash Plates are Plastic on my OBX 2023 (UPDATE) OBX is a MISBUILD.     Well this is good news. My dealership got me all new bash plates and installed 1675122794583

I suspect the "more communication will be coming" will be, something like for MY'23.5 certain trims will have the new upgraded plastic skid plate when optioning the modular steel bumper.

It is no accident that these mis-builds have happened. The regular black plastic skid plate that comes with the plastic bumpers doesn't fit the modular bumper. It requires trimming. This new plastic skid plate has a grainy black surface that matches the powder coat on the modular bumper. It is a totally different skid plate. Random parts just don't show up on the line to be slapped on Broncos.

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I also have a plastic bash plate. I have a Base Sas Bronco with the Modular Bumper. My dealer is refusing to help due to them stating the Bronco does not come with the steel bash plate despite it saying steel on the Window Sticker. I contacted Ford and they said they can't help unless the dealer submits a mis-build. Unsure what to do at this point...
F-them! find a new dealer then. ridiculous.

23basesquash

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base Sasquatch 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi, my 2023 Base with modular bumper also has the plastic bash plate. I stopped by my dealer's service department and they are trying to help but are struggling to find documentation in their parts system.

Can anyone share the part number of the correct steel bash plate?

Thanks.

Sponsored

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi, my 2023 Base with modular bumper also has the plastic bash plate. I stopped by my dealer's service department and they are trying to help but are struggling to find documentation in their parts system.

Can anyone share the part number of the correct steel bash plate?

Thanks.
I'm not sure if they are available but here are the part numbers.

MB3C-5R108-BC bumper skid
MB3C-5B018-AB engine/rack skid
MB3C-7E063-A transfer case skid

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Plasti-steel for the win... LOL 😂
Man this plastic skid plate situation is bizarre. Does Ford carry plastic skid plates, because those are put on the more basic Broncos? And maybe there was a mix-up?

I assume then my base 2-door will show up with plastic? Fortunately I've got a budget welder and plasma cutter, and am just good enough to be dangerous with it. :) I enjoy "turning metal to liquid" building various add-ons for my 4x4s. Anyone else around here building their own skid plates, bumpers, etc?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Man this plastic skid plate situation is bizarre. Does Ford carry plastic skid plates, because those are put on the more basic Broncos? And maybe there was a mix-up?

I assume then my base 2-door will show up with plastic? Fortunately I've got a budget welder and plasma cutter, and am just good enough to be dangerous with it. :) I enjoy "turning metal to liquid" building various add-ons for my 4x4s. Anyone else around here building their own skid plates, bumpers, etc?
I plan on building my own.

WeirdGuy

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Im in the camp of, ordered the modular bumper and received plastic bash plate.

My dealer has me in for steel bash plate install on 2/9. Ford didn't seem to give them issues about it.

Sponsored

illverado

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
700whp stick shift 2000 silverado 2011 caprice ppv
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Today I took delivery on my OBX Saquatch with HD modular bumper and it came with the plastic front skid plate. There was no pushback from my dealer and they quickly entered the misbuild into into the system and ordered the correct bash plate.

Last edited:

TylerTexas

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was also missing the upgraded floor mats and the bag for the 2nd row roof panel
My second row bag came separately after I took delivery. Check with your dealer. My box had my VIN on. A printed sticker.
Sponsored