Sponsored

Bash Plates are Plastic on my OBX 2023 (UPDATE) OBX is a MISBUILD. Well this is good news. My dealership got me all new bash plates and installed

riverotter

Outer Banks
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 4dr OBX, Lux, Sas, 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Others have already mentioned this, but my dealer said Ford would ship the metal skid plate once it is available. I'm trying to work out a discount on a full set instead.
Sponsored

Carlstege

Base
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not sure where the confusion is about this…clearly the OP stated his BASH plate is plastic and is supposed to be steel. I have the same issue. Could it be a 2023 issue since we both have 2023 model year Broncos?? Not sure. The OP and my build sheets say the BASH plate is supposed to be metal and it’s not. This has been confirmed by my dealer GM and the Service manager and will keep you up to date on what resolution Ford comes up with.
I picked up my 2023 SAS with upgraded bumper on 2/01/2023 and I too have a plastic bash plate window sticker says steel.

Bababue

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250 lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bag for second row roof panel? Are you smoking something.

Carlstege

Base
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ordered the steel plates and they showed up plastic not too happy. It‘s on my window sticker
Same with me I’ll keep this problem updated in this thread.

Sponsored

Justafordguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Outer Banks, 77 Bronco, 05 F250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just got (our 23 OBX with Mod bumper) back from my dealer where it was getting the steel bash plate installed in place of the plastic one it came with. They replaced it no questions asked.

Save The Manuals

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So after getting the plastic replaced it looks like I lucked into getting a full skid set?

Ford Bronco Bash Plates are Plastic on my OBX 2023 (UPDATE) OBX is a MISBUILD.     Well this is good news. My dealership got me all new bash plates and installed 8CCE4263-CC80-42C3-9C6A-A63C47129BEA
I see the gas tank skid and the transfer case skid. if you have the front bash plate steel, seems youre missing the middle one.

illverado

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
700whp stick shift 2000 silverado 2011 caprice ppv
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Got my steel front bash plate and engine skid plate today! Service advisor was trying to set me up with a rental car since they’re out of loaners but I was like dude, I’m an hour away and I brought my own impact and 15mm bring those things out here I’ll have it done faster than you can drive it around back… he insisted that they had to install them so I had to wait, hopefully they didn’t overtighten and strip the crap out of the nut inserts. Invoice said $1327 after parts and 0.2 hrs labor, HA! Eat that you bean counters at ford! (no charge to me obviously)

G-Waggin

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac SRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a 2-door modular bumper and the plastic skid issue. Are people here missing the metal gas tank skid as well? Anyone have a picture of what the metal gas tank skid plate should look like? Dealer said they have the parts, but sounded like they just ordered the front and engine plates. Would rather get it all installed at once. Thanks

Sponsored

G-Waggin

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac SRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Getting with my dealer today. Same for the Bronco my gf just picked up. '23 2-door OBX with the mod bumper. Bash plate is plastic :sick:
How about your gas tank plate?

Justafordguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Which Broncos are supposed to have the fuel tank skid plate? Our OBX has no fuel tank skid plate at all.

JL8jeff

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2door base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'll need to take a close look when my base Sas arrives in the next week or 2.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Justafordguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's not good, the tank on the 4 door really hangs down low. Trouble waiting to happen. I wonder if there are any aftermarket skid plates that are reasonably priced?
Sponsored