BM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have my kicker 200.4 wired directly to my battery with the fuse box in line. No power to the amp when I turn on the car. I am using a Hoel wiring harness. Either the harness is bad or there's a reason no power is getting to the amp. I've tried both DC and 12+ dip switch settings. Any ideas?
Sponsored

GotKramer

Black Diamond
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a Plug-N-Play kit, so it may be different. But if you use the DC, you need to press the radio detect button. I did that and it worked, but the radio detect feature makes an audible buzz sound.

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I assume you have the remote line hooked up on the amp?

Bagziga

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How do you have it all wired to positive and ground? Are any of the fuses missing or blown?

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hard to say without seeing it, but if you have voltage @ the amp, try jumping the turn-on lead to the 12v+ going in to the amp and see if that turns it on. If it does, your issue is with your source choice for the turn on lead. I don't know enough about how these are set up from the factory but if everything checks out wiring wise and you aren't getting a turn on signal, find something that is 12v switched and wire it to that. It will always have power when the vehicle is on but you won't kill the battery. Also check fuses etc since you've been fiddling around with it, just in case something blew.

Sponsored
OP
OP
mdk77

mdk77

Base
First Name
BM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for the replies all. Someone recommended that I may not have a good ground so I moved it and the amp powered on!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Speaking of which, do the PlugNplay wire harnesses provide a remote turn on? Is there a remote turn on somewhere, or you having to just power up with some random ignition wire or use the automatic signal sensor?
Sponsored