John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 FJ '15 GT500, '21 BadSquatch, '22 BLk Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anybody else have issues with Rough Country parts?

I'm two-for-two with fitment issues.

I purchased a trailer hitch for my Bronco and winch bumper for my son's Jeep JK so he could go off-roading with me...both items didn't fit!!!

My son said he'd left several messages over the phone this week to no avail and I had to email them through a "form" on their website...fingers crossed.

Buyer's beware, that's what I get for trying to save a few bucks for some last-minute impulse purchases!

IMG_8445.jpg

IMG_8446.jpg

IMG_8447.jpg

Sponsored

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I purchased a trailer hitch for my Bronco and winch bumper for my son's Jeep JK so he could go off-roading with me...both items didn't fit!!!

My son said he'd left several messages over the phone this week to no avail and I had to email them through a "form" on their website...fingers crossed.

Buyer's beware, that's what I get for trying to save a few bucks for some last-minute impulse purchases!

Ford Bronco Batting ZERO - Rough Country Parts IMG_8447

😬😬😬

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IMG_8445.jpg

IMG_8446.jpg

IMG_8447.jpg
Bay Area Metal Fab makes a nice hitch for the Bronco

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That sucks. I have spoken to people at RC several times. They are usually quick to respond, very nice, and helpful. Keep trying on phone. You will get someone. I ordered all my lights from them. Super high quality. Wide angle ditch lights, 30in single row bar, 2 8in single row bars. Just have to install the 2 8in bars in the bumper.

spaterick98

Big Bend
First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you would like it, I have an extra Bay Area Metal Fab Hitch that I can give you a good deal on.

Sponsored

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That's unfortunate. My hitch was very tight but it went on with a couple taps from the mallet.

That's not right.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

wow...that's definitely a fab error.

I'll second the BAMF hitch, I got it when it was $99 and I put it on pretty easy. The only "issue" was the hitch pin I had was tight going through, but that could be a combination of the pin having a protective coating and the receiver being thick powder coated.

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No problems with any RC product I've had purchased.

But here is a little insight for you. Instead of flipping out on a forum, maybe call the manufacturer / company and explain the issue, maybe send pictures in an email and you could get it resolved pretty quickly. immediately pointing fingers and complaining about a company that is providing a service to you, that you voluntarily purchased, is not the way to be an adult.

Im sorry if you take this comment negatively, but put yourself in others shoes that can't have the ability to have expendable income to purchase wants, but only needs. It's all about perspective. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Sponsored

Theowlhoothoot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3 Performance
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Rough county uses so many of the same electrical lights and winches as harbor freight, so it's not surprising they cheap out in other areas.

That being said I'm a fan of harbor freight parts, but it is what it is with quality control.

Matsterious

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just bought the draw tite hitch on amazon for like $130. E trailer was back ordered but I found it there and it was delivered the same day (but i think that was because i was in the same city as the seller).

ET13

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No problems with any RC product I've had purchased.

But here is a little insight for you. Instead of flipping out on a forum, maybe call the manufacturer / company and explain the issue, maybe send pictures in an email and you could get it resolved pretty quickly. immediately pointing fingers and complaining about a company that is providing a service to you, that you voluntarily purchased, is not the way to be an adult.

Im sorry if you take this comment negatively, but put yourself in others shoes that can't have the ability to have expendable income to purchase wants, but only needs. It's all about perspective. Don't sweat the small stuff.
Oh you missed the part where he said they called several times and left messages but haven't heard anything back. Reading is hard.......

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

mine worked great!!! they will make it right if u call them or email them i have had a lot of RC stuff never an issue for me

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Buy the USA made Curt. Best fit and finish around, from a trusted maker.
Sponsored