Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Jeep CJ7, 74 F100, 14 Explorer, 18 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For all the people loving blue which color blue for your new Bronco are you going with and why? Antimatter, Velocity or Area51??
My reservation selection says Antimatter because at 0830AM on 8-14-20 there was no Velocity on the paint selection. Velocity will be on my Order because it has the "APPROVAL" of my wife (and me, too).
Sponsored

broncobobby

Outer Banks
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I hit me yesterday and I wondering if anyone else has thought about it, where is the Dark Deep Green or ARMY Green???
That would be Army "OD".....Olive DRAB!

Maxmillian1

Badlands
First Name
Roscoe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Toss up again. Originally wanted AM Blue with A51 second. Too many shades of blue already out there. A51 is not that popular, so maybe I'll go A51. Would like to see all the colors in person... Ask me when we place our orders.

Sponsored
OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I like both Antimatter and Area 51 for totally different reasons. I flip flop back and forth lately just like I flip flop back and forth between Base + Sasquatch and Black Diamond. Ahhhhh somebody stop the madness and just release the pricing already. ?

Cooknn

Badlands
First Name
David Cook
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Duhhhh , The new F150..... your welcome...
1596339331479.png
That is a freaking gorgeous color. And will work perfectly with either a white top or the carbonized gray molded-in-color hard top that comes standard on the 2-Door Badlands. Will create enough contrast with the gray that I may even opt to go that route instead of white if I can't get white wheels from the factory to finish the retro look I'm after. BL also comes standard with machined carbonized gray-painted aluminum wheels, so the gray contrast with AMB would balance beautifully ?

Suke996

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition (Reservation)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Probably dropping down from the First Edition for the Wildtrak to get AntiMatter Blue ( plus navy pier interior is fugly).

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Probably dropping down from the First Edition for the Wildtrak to get AntiMatter Blue ( plus navy pier interior is fugly).
If you want all the off-road bells and whistles I suggest a fully loaded badlands. 2.7, Squatch, and Lux you’ll be identical to FE without the graphics. Plus painted hard top and the like if you want it

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Possibly made my color decision. Was leaning towards AM Blue with A51 a close second. Spent the weekend looking at shades of blues on cars. AM Blue I feel will just blend in with the rest of the blues. Though I do like the darker color with the black top. Thus I have for now made A51 my first choice. Not as popular and kind of unique. Yes would like to see in person. Next decision is to decide between black/carbon grey top or white. I just don't like the idea of white getting dingy/dirty over time and hard to clean if the grime gets imbedded. Decisions decisions, gosh the dilemma's I have to live with. ;)

Sponsored

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Through some friends of friends, I was able to get these photos of the real Ford paint samples sent to me. (And that's all I'll say about that...)

Area 51 and Antimatter Blue inside, in full sun, and in half sun half shade. Pics were taken on an iPhone with no touchup or filters. Both really look like two entirely different colors in the light vs. not. This has not made my decision ANY easier haha.

area 51 vs antimatter blue 2021 ford bronco paint sample inside.jpg

area 51 vs antimatter blue 2021 ford bronco paint sample sun.jpg

area 51 vs antimatter blue 2021 ford bronco paint sample sun shade.jpg
dear sir,

Bless you. And Curse you!

I’m back on the area 51 bandwagon!

regards

Last edited by a moderator:

BearWithMe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
What's Antimatter Blue look like outside on a cloudy day? I can't predict whether it will look more like the indoor shot (black and boring) or the full sun shot (awesome color).

If this is one of those Ford colors that only looks good in full sun (Lava Red, Magma Red) then it's out for me.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What's Antimatter Blue look like outside on a cloudy day? I can't predict whether it will look more like the indoor shot (black and boring) or the full sun shot (awesome color).

If this is one of those Ford colors that only looks good in full sun (Lava Red, Magma Red) then it's out for me.
It will probably look black on a cloudy day IMO.

Even after seeing the samples of the paint, this color to me will still be very similar to Mazda Crystal Blue Mica. the AB seems to have more blue in it, but its one of those colors that light really changes it. If you have time go swing by a Mazda dealer and check it out

broncobobby

Outer Banks
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs