Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
My wife and I went to the Battlefield Ford Bronco event in Manassas, VA today. The same two Broncos that were in Richmond yesterday were there, an Iconic Silver Badlands with Lux and optional wheels, and an Antimatter Blue Black Diamond with Sasquatch. Both were 4 doors.

Our impressions and takeaways:

1) Overall impressions. Loved the Bronco. The 4 door is perfect. Looks amazing in person. I was overall blown away by how much I liked it. My wife did too, who basically didn't know the difference between the Bronco and the Sport before today. With doors and without, it was great looking. It looked tough and well proportioned. I had been rethinking the 4 door a little bit, but this sealed it for me and the 4 door. It is the right size and look for me.

2) Sasquatch v. Badlands. Get Sasquatch. Sitting next to each other, the Sasquatched truck looks MUCH better. Much more impressive. It just looks perfect. The Ford accessory rep made the comment that it looked a lot more than the difference of 2 inches in tire size, and I agree. This truck looks awesome on 35s. The Badlands looked good....the Sasquatch BD looked great. Amazing.

3) Interior. Solid and appropriate. Both were MGV interiors. The seats are soft and comfortable, but will never be mistaken for leather. They do feel thinner than boat seats, but boat seats typically have much firmer padding (the ones I have been on at least), so maybe that's it, but I worry about durability and dogs claws. The wash out floors were great looking. Much better quality than the rubber floors in my FJ, and they had padding and give. Very nice floors.

4) Colors. AMB is better than Silver. Antimatter Blue looked great in person. Fantastic. I apologize for my comment yesterday to the Clemson fan who claimed it was the best color available, and I said it was horrible on Bronco. That may be the first time a Clemson fan has ever been right that I can remember. It was a really good color in the sunlight. It will show scratches badly, and thus I won't switch, but it it is very cool. The Iconic SIlver was just plain and to me, boring silver. If your priority is not showing scratches: get it (or white). If not, skip it.

5) Sasquatch Suspension had 1" more lift than Badlands. I measured 3 times from hub to first metal on the front fender. I know this goes against common thought, but I was careful and deliberate with measuring. The Badlands had a 2.3 and the BD Sas had a 2.7, and maybe they use a stiffer spring with the 2.7...not sure. But it had a taller lift by an inch.

6) The soft tops were of very nice quality. I can't get over the ridiculous wrinkled windows, but the tops looked nice.

7) Grills. The BD Grill is better looking than the Badlands Grill. Anyone in VA want to switch when we get ours? I know I am in the minority on this one...so I think I'll be able to find someone to switch with. It is tougher looking.

Ford Bronco Battlefield Ford (VA) Bronco Event - Impressions IMG_2037

Ford Bronco Battlefield Ford (VA) Bronco Event - Impressions IMG_2038

Ford Bronco Battlefield Ford (VA) Bronco Event - Impressions IMG_2039

Ford Bronco Battlefield Ford (VA) Bronco Event - Impressions IMG_2040 - Copy

Ford Bronco Battlefield Ford (VA) Bronco Event - Impressions IMG_2041

Ford Bronco Battlefield Ford (VA) Bronco Event - Impressions IMG_2042

Ford Bronco Battlefield Ford (VA) Bronco Event - Impressions IMG_2044
Sponsored

SPS4

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I was there today and agree 100% with your assessment/impressions. I was blown away with AMB and how good it looked in the sunlight. And you can't unsee the Sasquatch next to the Badlands. Sasquatch package just makes the truck.

ManSquatch

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco, 17' F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am going to the event at Sheehy ford Thursday, I am hoping they have both of these so I can see first hand the difference between the 33's and 35's. I am buying a manual and the debate to wait for the sasquatch was a tough one for me so I am hoping when I see them both I will know I made the right decision.

OP
OP
Gamecock

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
I am going to the event at Sheehy ford Thursday, I am hoping they have both of these so I can see first hand the difference between the 33's and 35's. I am buying a manual and the debate to wait for the sasquatch was a tough one for me so I am hoping when I see them both I will know I made the right decision.
I think it’s the same two Broncos coming based on what the staff said about their schedule.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The windows are wrinkled because they keep folding the damn tops back with the windows on. That is a big no no.

Sponsored

BadlandsBronc21

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 2018 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the post and pics. Super psyched for the BL sas!

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A few more pics...the fact that I have to wait another year or so is killing me...

Ford Bronco Battlefield Ford (VA) Bronco Event - Impressions D1C2C90E-45D7-4C74-A112-28F4B751B2A2

Ford Bronco Battlefield Ford (VA) Bronco Event - Impressions D1C2C90E-45D7-4C74-A112-28F4B751B2A2

Yikes!! That double folded soft top is atrocious. As much as people used to complain about the MIC top before they darkened the color to match the flares I'll take that any day over this... But in the summer I expect to run a Bimini or similar aftermarket anyway.

Reactions: Axe

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haha, I photobombed you in pic #4 with the Nats hat.

Bogeybekk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was there too. 4-door looked amazing! Has me second guessing my 2-door order...

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think displaying the top like this doesn’t help the window wrinkles either. Also, this looks like a future wear issue (red circle).

Ford Bronco Battlefield Ford (VA) Bronco Event - Impressions 1617753265733

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in the same spot. Didn't want to wait so I ordered a manual Badlands. Just trying to figure out what I need to do now to get the Sasq look.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
5) Sasquatch Suspension had 1" more lift than Badlands. I measured 3 times from hub to first metal on the front fender. I know this goes against common thought, but I was careful and deliberate with measuring. The Badlands had a 2.3 and the BD Sas had a 2.7, and maybe they use a stiffer spring with the 2.7...not sure. But it had a taller lift by an inch.
Thanks for the info and measurements. It's been tough getting a solid measure of the suspension lift, without other factors such as tire diameter intruding. Your method is helpful by focusing on the axle to metal body comparison.

I have a viewing scheduled for later this month, and if allowed I will try and get a measure of the underside distance from rear axle top to frame underside (without including bump stops since they reportedly vary) of the various models for comparison.

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

great info, thanks for sharing

that BD looks great, really makes me rethink AMB

Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
3) Interior. Solid and appropriate. Both were MGV interiors. The seats are soft and comfortable, but will never be mistaken for leather. They do feel thinner than boat seats, but boat seats typically have much firmer padding (the ones I have been on at least), so maybe that's it, but I worry about durability and dogs claws. The wash out floors were great looking. Much better quality than the rubber floors in my FJ, and they had padding and give. Very nice floors.
Thanks for the write-up. As a fellow FJ owner, how did the driver seat /space compare to the FJ? The FJ is pretty spacious up front IMO. Not sure how tall/big you are but did you notice a lack of shoulder room or elbow room that others have mentioned?
Sponsored

Reactions: Axe