Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the write-up. As a fellow FJ owner, how did the driver seat /space compare to the FJ? The FJ is pretty spacious up front IMO. Not sure how tall/big you are but did you notice a lack of shoulder room or elbow room that others have mentioned?
It actually felt pretty comparable. Not too tight to me. I’m 6’1, 210.
Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

7) Grills. The BD Grill is better looking than the Badlands Grill. Anyone in VA want to switch when we get ours? I know I am in the minority on this one...so I think I'll be able to find someone to switch with. It is tougher looking.
Your not in the minority, the BD grille and lights is the best set up, there is just a lot of BL buyers that don't want to admit they have a behive for a grille. BL and WT grilles will be thrown out by the truck loads and replaced with something better.....which is what the aftermarket is for.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The windows are wrinkled because they keep folding the damn tops back with the windows on. That is a big no no.
Agreed, that is the problem. Its a GREAT idea but it needs some refinement before its going to look good. Repetitive folding and not having a way to stretch them tight is killing the top.

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the info and measurements. It's been tough getting a solid measure of the suspension lift, without other factors such as tire diameter intruding. Your method is helpful by focusing on the axle to metal body comparison.

I have a viewing scheduled for later this month, and if allowed I will try and get a measure of the underside distance from rear axle top to frame underside (without including bump stops since they reportedly vary) of the various models for comparison.
I plan on doing the same as long as they have a Badlands and Sasq to compare. I'll be crawling under them measuring everything I can to get to the bottom of the suspension difference since Ford won't tell us.

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was there today also and agree 100%. This is not a failed execution by Ford. In the Richmond thread we diverted on to the engine bay tidiness. The pics of the two engines do not convey how less cluttered the 2.3L engine is compared to the 2.7 in real life.

The interior is spot on what I expected. The MGV is a nice alternative to leather. Durable.

I'm in.

Scabieathrax

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really wish they had the Broncos out in the sun in Richmond and not under tents to get a true idea of AMB on a Bronco. I still think that I will fully enjoy Cyber Orange instead as I already own a black vehicle and keeping it nice and clean is a way of life.

Scabieathrax

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If anyone is curious the trunk mat that is in the Silver Badlands is from the accessories catalog. I asked the Ford reps in Richmond about it and they had to go find their Bronco bibles to be able to confirm they are from the accessories catalog.

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

5) Sasquatch Suspension had 1" more lift than Badlands. I measured 3 times from hub to first metal on the front fender. I know this goes against common thought, but I was careful and deliberate with measuring. The Badlands had a 2.3 and the BD Sas had a 2.7, and maybe they use a stiffer spring with the 2.7...not sure. But it had a taller lift by an inch.
1” because of the increased radius of tire size?

Sponsored

JohnWayne

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2018 F350, 2015 Transit, 2015 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also think the BD grill looks better than the BL grill. I have the BL on order if there are two BD guys that want to swap grills I call seconds lol. At this point I'll take mine grill-less is I can get it sooner. Thanks for the pics.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I was brain dead somewhat yesterday and forgot to check the seatbelt comfort level and what the center console storage looked like. Dammit :LOL:

Being a diehard manual transmission guy, I can confirm for those samely inflicted, the clutch/shifter setup is well suited for driving, Ford did their homework well for the manual transmission models. The seat has tons of adjustability up/down and fore/aft. The steering wheel adjusts for rake and telescope. Seats are comfortable for plus sizes and plenty of headroom is provided.
Sponsored