Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 4 dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just drove my Bronco (4 dr Badlands Sasquatch 2.7 liter with LUX package) from the Bay Area to Tuscon for a week and I was super impressed. That’s about 1600 miles round trip plus about 500 around town once there. I didn’t expect a big heavy “truck” with 35’s to be a good highway ride but I was really wrong. It was very comfortable. Seats were great. Steering tracks really well and best of all if you need to get up and go to pass it does that with great ease. At one point I got up to 100 without even trying. I obviously don’t recommend that but just know this bad boy can rock and roll.

I didn’t get a chance to off road it other than to go down a dirt road which clearly doesn’t qualify but I did sign up for the Bronco Off Roadeo in December and I’m looking forward to seeing what it can do. Ive never done any serious off-roading but I cant wait to get on it. I’m moving to Tuscon next summer and the other nice thing about having a Bronco there is the fact that the roads are in really rough shape so having a big truck makes driving around a bit more comfortable. Then there’s the monsoon rains… no prob there either. Though I will say the wiper blades don’t get nearly fast enough to compensate. Just be aware.

Couple things I noted on the trip in the cabin.
1. The AC seems to have its own mind and I did not have it on auto but every now and again it would turn up the fan to blast and it smelled like a clean hotel room. So odd. My husband and I were cracking up. Oh hey here comes the hotel smell again.
2. We averaged about 17.5 MPG in total. I tried ECO mode but honestly it made very little difference. I will say its nice to know you can drive it anywhere and any way you want and pretty much get the same MPG all the time. LOL. Hey I didn’t buy this baby for fuel economy….
3. The Apple Car Play would just cut out and disappear then recycle and come back on in about 30 seconds to a minute. Not sure what that was all about.
4. Tired the auto start from the Ford app a few times to try to cool the cabin down in 100 + heat and while it worked the AC didn’t really kick into high gear. If you don’t get to the truck in 15 min it shuts back off again.

Overall I’m SUPER impressed. I love my Bronco more every day.

PS - I didn’t see another Bronco during the entire trip. Kinda bummed. Cant wait to start seeing you all on the road! And be prepared to get stopped and be asked to have pictures taken with it. LOL. It’s a big hit out there.

5BF7B5F2-F860-49AB-9CBC-D59BCF84901D.jpeg

BC2DDA73-825D-4F15-9B27-76E978E8CFA1.jpeg

47ADB8D8-E848-4503-847B-1B0EC576E4F4.jpeg

EF71318A-BBE1-461D-BC7C-F04F29470B53.jpeg
Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was your Apple CarPlay running wireless or wired? My wife's 2021 explorer does similar over wired, its usually a cable kink

OP
OP
Frangiepod

Frangiepod

Badlands
First Name
Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was your Apple CarPlay running wireless or wired? My wife's 2021 explorer does similar over wired, its usually a cable kink
Both. The wireless charging pad makes the phone super hot so I plugged it in. It cut out in both situations.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Welcome to Tucson!😍

I've been here for 31 years. Yes, the paved roads are as bad as off-road. And don't expect it to ever be this green again.😁😁

Thanks for the travel details.👍

Sponsored

joez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Did you take CA58 from Bakersfield to Mojave? How did it do on that hill climb? Also around Mojave it always seams windy, how did it do in a cross wind?
Thanks

OP
OP
Frangiepod

Frangiepod

Badlands
First Name
Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Welcome to Tucson!😍

I've been here for 31 years. Yes, the paved roads are as bad as off-road. And don't expect it to ever be this green again.😁😁

Thanks for the travel details.👍
Thank you! I love the desert. We were told it has never been that green. We’ve never seen it that way since we’ve been visiting. So crazy!

OP
OP
Frangiepod

Frangiepod

Badlands
First Name
Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you take CA58 from Bakersfield to Mojave? How did it do on that hill climb? Also around Mojave it always seams windy, how did it do in a cross wind?
Thanks
Yes we took 58. No problems at all with hills. Bronco barely registered there was one. The head wind coming back through Mojave was intense but still didn’t notice any major issues with being blown around. Gas mileage went down a tad but that’s to be expected when you drive a brick on wheels.

PotatoSalad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Though I will say the wiper blades don’t get nearly fast enough to compensate. Just be aware.
I don't think Ford wiper blades are ever fast enough. Just apply a bit of Rain-X on the windshield and you practically don't need wipers.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great report! FYI- I watched a video on YouTube recently. This guy owns a Wildtrak and drove several hundred miles on a trip. He used ECO mode one way and Sport mode on the way back. He averaged better fuel mileage in sport mode than Eco! I know the badlands doesn’t have sport mode but apparently the Eco mode is useless!

Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My build except MIC. I’m going to have to do something with those beauty rings or just get new wheels. Has anyone turned the Sasquatch rings black?

stubblekusaf

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Never noticed a face in the bronco grill before. But add a little fish eye and this one looks like she’s smiling!
Ford Bronco Bay Area to Tucson road trip report in a Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L 1630460875458
Just about the spec I was gonna order but I ended up canceling. Sadly it didn't really fit my lifestyle at the moment. I'm a bit jealous if I'm honest. I happy to hear most people are having a excellent experience.

JoeyD577

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your impressions of the soft top during that road trip? Did you drive highway speeds with it up and down? How did it do in heavy rains? Thanks

Carreratime

Badlands
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, '68 Alfa
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just drove my Bronco (4 dr Badlands Sasquatch 2.7 liter with LUX package) from the Bay Area to Tuscon for a week and I was super impressed. That’s about 1600 miles round trip plus about 500 around town once there. I didn’t expect a big heavy “truck” with 35’s to be a good highway ride but I was really wrong. It was very comfortable. Seats were great. Steering tracks really well and best of all if you need to get up and go to pass it does that with great ease. At one point I got up to 100 without even trying. I obviously don’t recommend that but just know this bad boy can rock and roll.

I didn’t get a chance to off road it other than to go down a dirt road which clearly doesn’t qualify but I did sign up for the Bronco Off Roadeo in December and I’m looking forward to seeing what it can do. Ive never done any serious off-roading but I cant wait to get on it. I’m moving to Tuscon next summer and the other nice thing about having a Bronco there is the fact that the roads are in really rough shape so having a big truck makes driving around a bit more comfortable. Then there’s the monsoon rains… no prob there either. Though I will say the wiper blades don’t get nearly fast enough to compensate. Just be aware.

Couple things I noted on the trip in the cabin.
1. The AC seems to have its own mind and I did not have it on auto but every now and again it would turn up the fan to blast and it smelled like a clean hotel room. So odd. My husband and I were cracking up. Oh hey here comes the hotel smell again.
2. We averaged about 17.5 MPG in total. I tried ECO mode but honestly it made very little difference. I will say its nice to know you can drive it anywhere and any way you want and pretty much get the same MPG all the time. LOL. Hey I didn’t buy this baby for fuel economy….
3. The Apple Car Play would just cut out and disappear then recycle and come back on in about 30 seconds to a minute. Not sure what that was all about.
4. Tired the auto start from the Ford app a few times to try to cool the cabin down in 100 + heat and while it worked the AC didn’t really kick into high gear. If you don’t get to the truck in 15 min it shuts back off again.

Overall I’m SUPER impressed. I love my Bronco more every day.

PS - I didn’t see another Bronco during the entire trip. Kinda bummed. Cant wait to start seeing you all on the road! And be prepared to get stopped and be asked to have pictures taken with it. LOL. It’s a big hit out there.

Ford Bronco Bay Area to Tucson road trip report in a Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L 1630460875458

I also ordered an Area 51, 4 dr Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7 liter with LUX package and leather. It's in production this week! Love that color.
Sponsored