Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, ‘21 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just drove my Bronco (4 dr Badlands Sasquatch 2.7 liter with LUX package) from the Bay Area to Tuscon for a week and I was super impressed. That’s about 1600 miles round trip plus about 500 around town once there. I didn’t expect a big heavy “truck” with 35’s to be a good highway ride but I was really wrong. It was very comfortable. Seats were great. Steering tracks really well and best of all if you need to get up and go to pass it does that with great ease. At one point I got up to 100 without even trying. I obviously don’t recommend that but just know this bad boy can rock and roll.

I didn’t get a chance to off road it other than to go down a dirt road which clearly doesn’t qualify but I did sign up for the Bronco Off Roadeo in December and I’m looking forward to seeing what it can do. Ive never done any serious off-roading but I cant wait to get on it. I’m moving to Tuscon next summer and the other nice thing about having a Bronco there is the fact that the roads are in really rough shape so having a big truck makes driving around a bit more comfortable. Then there’s the monsoon rains… no prob there either. Though I will say the wiper blades don’t get nearly fast enough to compensate. Just be aware.

Couple things I noted on the trip in the cabin.
1. The AC seems to have its own mind and I did not have it on auto but every now and again it would turn up the fan to blast and it smelled like a clean hotel room. So odd. My husband and I were cracking up. Oh hey here comes the hotel smell again.
2. We averaged about 17.5 MPG in total. I tried ECO mode but honestly it made very little difference. I will say its nice to know you can drive it anywhere and any way you want and pretty much get the same MPG all the time. LOL. Hey I didn’t buy this baby for fuel economy….
3. The Apple Car Play would just cut out and disappear then recycle and come back on in about 30 seconds to a minute. Not sure what that was all about.
4. Tired the auto start from the Ford app a few times to try to cool the cabin down in 100 + heat and while it worked the AC didn’t really kick into high gear. If you don’t get to the truck in 15 min it shuts back off again.

Overall I’m SUPER impressed. I love my Bronco more every day.

PS - I didn’t see another Bronco during the entire trip. Kinda bummed. Cant wait to start seeing you all on the road! And be prepared to get stopped and be asked to have pictures taken with it. LOL. It’s a big hit out there.

5BF7B5F2-F860-49AB-9CBC-D59BCF84901D.jpeg

BC2DDA73-825D-4F15-9B27-76E978E8CFA1.jpeg

47ADB8D8-E848-4503-847B-1B0EC576E4F4.jpeg

EF71318A-BBE1-461D-BC7C-F04F29470B53.jpeg
Looks great man - we have similar taste haha. I appreciate the beauty shots in different backgrounds and could look at em all day.

PS. I roundtrip to Colorado and then up to Mendocino in August and didn't see a single bronco - big or sport.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Frangiepod

Frangiepod

Badlands
First Name
Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 4 dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A Mini Cooper? I'll be switching my Mini for the Bronco BL too. Was it difficult for you to get used to driving the Bronco compared to the tiny Mini? Also, how was stopping in the rain with the MT tires? Thanks!
I know sounds like a crazy change but I’ve owned trucks my whole life too. I just love that zippy little car. It’s def a change but the Bronco handles really well and has a great turning radius. I’m pleasantly surprised. I had no issues stopping with the 35s in the rain.

Sponsored

budfleck

Badlands
First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2024 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First question why Tucson? Out of all the places to visit in Arizona :LOL:

☀:devilish:🔱🆙
I would expect that from a Phoenix native but not from someone from Vegas, and I agree with you.

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wanted the hard top but as we all know that’s not really an option so I got the soft top. Never had one on any car before so didn’t know what to expect. I ain’t gonna lie it’s loud on the highway even with it closed. No issues with the monsoon rain thankfully but did sound like your in a tent. LOL. Someday when someone makes a hard top I’ll be getting one…
Were you and your husband still able to have a normal conversation though? Without having to yell.

stone80800

Outer Banks
First Name
stone80800
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just drove my Bronco (4 dr Badlands Sasquatch 2.7 liter with LUX package) from the Bay Area to Tuscon for a week and I was super impressed. That’s about 1600 miles round trip plus about 500 around town once there. I didn’t expect a big heavy “truck” with 35’s to be a good highway ride but I was really wrong. It was very comfortable. Seats were great. Steering tracks really well and best of all if you need to get up and go to pass it does that with great ease. At one point I got up to 100 without even trying. I obviously don’t recommend that but just know this bad boy can rock and roll.

I didn’t get a chance to off road it other than to go down a dirt road which clearly doesn’t qualify but I did sign up for the Bronco Off Roadeo in December and I’m looking forward to seeing what it can do. Ive never done any serious off-roading but I cant wait to get on it. I’m moving to Tuscon next summer and the other nice thing about having a Bronco there is the fact that the roads are in really rough shape so having a big truck makes driving around a bit more comfortable. Then there’s the monsoon rains… no prob there either. Though I will say the wiper blades don’t get nearly fast enough to compensate. Just be aware.

1. The AC seems to have its own mind and I did not have it on auto but every now and again it would turn up the fan to blast and it smelled like a clean hotel room. So odd. My husband and I were cracking up. Oh hey here comes the hotel smell again.
2. We averaged about 17.5 MPG in total. I tried ECO mode but honestly it made very little difference. I will say its nice to know you can drive it anywhere and any way you want and pretty much get the same MPG all the time. LOL. Hey I didn’t buy this baby for fuel economy….
3. The Apple Car Play would just cut out and disappear then recycle and come back on in about 30 seconds to a minute. Not sure what that was all about.
4. Tired the auto start from the Ford app a few times to try to cool the cabin down in 100 + heat and while it worked the AC didn’t really kick into high gear. If you don’t get to the truck in 15 min it shuts back off again.

PS - I didn’t see another Bronco during the entire trip. Kinda bummed. Cant wait to start seeing you all on the road! And be prepared to get stopped and be asked to have pictures taken with it. LOL. It’s a big hit out there.

Thanks for sharing your response. Your Bronco is awesome. I can hardly wait to get mine, and as you say, see other Bronco owners on the street. Overall, your road trip and experience based on the specs on your Bronco has helped me answer some questions from your first hand perspective. Thanks again and may you have many more stupendous adventures.

OP
OP
Frangiepod

Frangiepod

Badlands
First Name
Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 4 dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Were you and your husband still able to have a normal conversation though? Without having to yell.
Oh yeah. We didn’t have to yell.

bgcfman

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Honda Accord, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I also ordered an Area 51, 4 dr Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7 liter with LUX package and leather. It's in production this week! Love that color.
My build as well, but not yet in production.
Sponsored