• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 10, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 10, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

BB vs BD tires - which is better for daily driver?

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They both come with All Terrains, just a different size. It would probably be difficult to tell any difference.
Sponsored

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Which are better primarily for daily driving?

I’m sure BB tires, but question is how bad are BD tires in comparison ?
Hey guys, this may not specifically apply to this thread, but I'm still trying to decide between Big Bend and Black Diamond as a daily driver, no off-roading! BB: MIC top, paint protection, tube steps, LED Sig, auxiliary switches, auto trans, and Mid vs BD: MIC top, paint protection, auxiliary switches, auto trans, Advance 4x4, Mid, Marine seats! Each have pluses, like BB w/tube step & LED, but no Advance, and BD w/Advance, Marine seats. I save $2000 w/BB! Question! Am I able to trade rock slider for tube steps? This is why I haven't converted my Granger reservation into an order, I keep bouncing back and forth!

OP
OP
mdepll

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey guys, this may not specifically apply to this thread, but I'm still trying to decide between Big Bend and Black Diamond as a daily driver, no off-roading! BB: MIC top, paint protection, tube steps, LED Sig, auxiliary switches, auto trans, and Mid vs BD: MIC top, paint protection, auxiliary switches, auto trans, Advance 4x4, Mid, Marine seats! Each have pluses, like BB w/tube step & LED, but no Advance, and BD w/Advance, Marine seats. I save $2000 w/BB! Question! Am I able to trade rock slider for tube steps? This is why I haven't converted my Granger reservation into an order, I keep bouncing back and forth!
Here is where I’m at.
Don’t want tube step. Fee like it’s not high enough to really warrant one. 8.4 ground clearance isn’t much? Just feel like it will get in the way.
Advanced auto is huge. Especially in my neck of the woods with the winters we get.

Deleted member 16780

255's are thinner and thus have better MPG and better snow traction.
The BD tire has a higher aspect ratio, very slight, meaning gain in clearance and more sidewall flex (yet on 17" rims) for rocks and more airing-down capability for sand. But it's very negligible at these slight differences. BB at 70% height to width and BD's 75% height to width. The lower aspect ratio should give the BB slightly better road performance.

Goat4454

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Heard BD tires are great in the snow?

Also heard BB tires are slightly bigger. Wouldn’t that give BB more clearance?

Sponsored

Deleted member 16780

Heard BD tires are great in the snow?

Also heard BB tires are slightly bigger. Wouldn’t that give BB more clearance?
If we're talking AT over MT with less space for snow pack between treads and at 255 over 285 where there is less contact with snow and ice and more weight coming down on that decreased tire print they will be better on snow/ice. From what I remember the BD at 255/75 has higher aspect ratio meaning sidewall is greater percentage of tire size over the BB's 255/70.

OP
OP
mdepll

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If we're talking AT over MT with less space for snow pack between treads and at 255 over 285 where there is less contact with snow and ice and more weight coming down on that decreased tire print they will be better on snow/ice. From what I remember the BD at 255/75 has higher aspect ratio meaning sidewall is greater percentage of tire size over the BB's 255/70.
I think both tires are AT on BB and BD. That’s what we are comparing

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

255's are thinner and thus have better MPG and better snow traction.
The BD tire has a higher aspect ratio, very slight, meaning gain in clearance and more sidewall flex (yet on 17" rims) for rocks and more airing-down capability for sand. But it's very negligible at these slight differences. BB at 70% height to width and BD's 75% height to width. The lower aspect ratio should give the BB slightly better road performance.
Well, one thing you got right is that the differences are very negligible.

Big Bend ............... 255/75-17 = 32.1" tall
Black Diamond 265/70-17 = 31.6" tall
Ford Bronco BB vs BD tires - which is better for daily driver? 1614744935615

Goat4454

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, one thing you got right is that the differences are very negligible.

Big Bend ............... 255/75-17 = 32.1" tall
Black Diamond 265/70-17 = 31.6" tall
Ford Bronco BB vs BD tires - which is better for daily driver? 1614744935615
How does that half inch translate to increase in ground clearance ?

Sponsored

Deleted member 16780

I think both tires are AT on BB and BD. That’s what we are comparing
Yes, and I'm trying to help you understand that unless one is an MT which is a poor snow rated tire, 255 AT's will be fine. The BD has a higher aspect ratio, which means more sidewall, which generally means taller particularly as they both sit on 17" rims.

The differences are negligible, and why I am just swapping them out for 33" ATIII or BFGTAKO's.
The BD's are not drastic enough to actually offer that much advantage over the BB"s but then again the BD is not a drastic departure in its off-road abilities over the BB's except for that one mode: rock crawler which... larger sidewalls come in to play.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco BB vs BD tires - which is better for daily driver? 1614745188282

Bridgestone A/T RH-S ............................................. General ATx
Ford Bronco BB vs BD tires - which is better for daily driver? 1614745300282
Ford Bronco BB vs BD tires - which is better for daily driver? 1614745383884

1614745122533.png

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tires are temporary, they come and go. Order the truck you want, then change the tires when it’s time as needed to suit your preferences. Good luck!

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Deleted member 16780

Do they not have the internet in Canada? Or do people just like to keep asking questions, eh?
Sponsored