John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla , Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just wanted to post an issue that My father came across this week . 22 Badlands 4dr 2.7 With the Bronco running and would not go into gear He then went to turn off the engine and it wouldn't turn off. After it towed to the dealer and having them trying to figure out what was going on . The bronco started having complete electrical failure (windows, doors, dash, and Main dash screen. Ultimately The diagnosis was The BCM module located under the steering wheel in the dash was not seated / clipped closed during manufacturing. Over the last few months it became loose enough to not make a connection causing all of the issues. Luckily it was an easy fix but I just wanted to make people aware. I dont have pics of the module, maybe some else does.

John
Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for sharing. Something else to look for when you are grasping at straws on the side of the road (y)

OP
OP
Jdegid_SoCAL

Jdegid_SoCAL

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla , Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yep it was a first for the Ford tech he was baffled it literally shut down the whole vehicle

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So it's under the steering wheel huh. I thought the known problem was some connector up behind the glove box somewhere.

I'll have to look for this one just to make sure it snapped in all the way.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Although it’s nice when things are made in America. We have some very lazy workers these days. It’s sad.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This kind of stuff is really frustrating for the tech and can be difficult to diagnose especially if it's intermittent. Wiring and electrical connection is getting more complex and critical due to these networked and multiplexed designs. The modules and network monitor everything down to the simple function of small interior lighting. Anything happens to these circuits outside of the parameters they were designed to see and you can have an issue.

Looking at tons of VHRs over the last few years, you wouldn't believe how many faults are in some of these vehicles that aren't causing issues but are logged anyway. I swear if I see another mirror spotlight code I'm going to freak. No reason an OTA couldn't have been sent out to correct this by now.
Sponsored