Sponsored

BD 7spd + Mid inquiry

Should black diamond be allowed manual + Mid?

• Total voters

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Poll Flame me if you wish, but I am curious how many would do bd Manual + Mid if the option was to be allowed? I am pretty disappointed we are forced to BL for mid features for no apparent reason.
Sponsored

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was just getting over this... why must you make me relive this pain? Do you enjoy watching me suffer and cry?

kidding aside I very much would take mid with bd. Iā€™m going bd regardless because itā€™s the best combination of want, need, budget and usefulness. BL stretches me too far.

I would settle for a compromise of a cold weather package, as that was the primary thing I wanted out of the mid was heated seats (why heatedwheel is in the higher package is just plain stupid when almost any Jeep has it as an option. Another argument for another day).

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is frustrating yes, but I think it's fine too. Ford is a company that is going to try to make margins better on a vehicle like this. I'm sure some packages are operating at a loss leader, but knowing that other packages make up that difference.

The better Ford does on sales for this vehicle, the more likely for the Bronco to stick around this time.

OP
OP
Bronc-OH

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was just getting over this... why must you make me relive this pain? Do you enjoy watching me suffer and cry?

kidding aside I very much would take mid with bd. Iā€™m going bd regardless because itā€™s the best combination of want, need, budget and usefulness. BL stretches me too far.

I would settle for a compromise of a cold weather package, as that was the primary thing I wanted out of the mid was heated seats (why heatedwheel is in the higher package is just plain stupid when almost any Jeep has it as an option. Another argument for another day).
Sorry for the suffering but Ford is the masochist. I'm glad I am not the only one who would be stretched on BL. I honestly wouldn't get enough use/abuse out of the front locker and disco to justify it... BD was the perfect combo and I just wanted heated seats for the cold winters. I havent experienced a heated wheel, I cant miss what I never had haha.

tnobull

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr BD Bronco + Salsa Journeyman Flat Bar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just give us all a cold weather package option, Ford. Please and thank you.

Sponsored

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry for the suffering but Ford is the masochist. I'm glad I am not the only one who would be stretched on BL. I honestly wouldn't get enough use/abuse out of the front locker and disco to justify it... BD was the perfect combo and I just wanted heated seats for the cold winters. I havent experienced a heated wheel, I cant miss what I never had haha.
I first experienced the heated wheel in my buddys rubicon, then the wifeā€™s Rebel. My arthritis yearns for it now. So nice on a chilly Michigan morning.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™d like the 33 BFG option on the BD build as well as the manny tranny/mid pkge.

OP
OP
Bronc-OH

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think it would speak for itself with making it a package. Jeep did it for a reason, and if they are trying to compete, why not do it better?

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think it would speak for itself with making it a package. Jeep did it for a reason, and if they are trying to compete, why not do it better?
you would think. Considering Jeep can offer it for $695 without the remote start.... ??ā€ā™‚

Sponsored

SamR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
If the mid was offered on BD I would be buying it. Now Iā€™m most likely going base. If I donā€™t get all the cool toys Iā€™d rather just save the money since all I really gain with BD is rear locker and wash out interior.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Cold weather. How about a warm weather package? Yes, Iā€™m talking about AC seats! ?

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'd probably allow the MID and put the line of demarcation at HIGH.

OP
OP
Bronc-OH

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
If the mid was offered on BD I would be buying it. Now Iā€™m most likely going base. If I donā€™t get all the cool toys Iā€™d rather just save the money since all I really gain with BD is rear locker and wash out interior.
Well, bumpers and plates as well. But I like the point you make.

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would take it if it was available, however it's not a deal breaker for me, I can realistically live without the mid. Only things that I care about are intelligent access, auto dim mirror and heated seats. I can do without copilot, in fact if I had it I'd turn most if not all of it off.
If I really want heated seats I can add them aftermarket
Sponsored