Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford Bronco BD tires vs. BL tires 1642688957127

https://tiresize.com/comparison/

Lost more hours of my life than I'd like to admit on this site.

But I will say this doesn't really give you a 'real life' depiction.

For example, my Tahoe has 275/55R20's on it. So when using this tool they're 'bigger'. only slightly, but are bigger. So I thought when getting my BD, it was going to have smaller looking tires next to my Tahoe. However, with my BD next to my Tahoe, the Tahoe tires look much smaller. And I assume that's due to the 'aggressive' look of the grabbers.

I've also seen a Badlands stock with 33's & Sasquatch, 35's, right next to each other, and I honestly wouldn't be able to tell you which was squatched and which wasn't. They look that similar, but of course the 35's are bigger.

So depends on what you're asking for... looks for functionality?

I've yet to see a Badlands stock next to a BD though in person. I'd be interested in seeing if it looks all that different. A BD next to a Sasquatch definitely does.

PootsBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have run bfg ko2's on my truck since 2014 and I really like them. They do great off road, and in the snow, and are as quiet as one could expect from all terrains. I just got a black diamond a week ago and so far I like the general grabber atx's just as much. I haven't been able to take them on dirt yet (because everything is snowy and muddy where I live) but on snow and in mud they have performed great.

I am planning on upgrading the tire size to 285/75/17 (essentially a 33.5" tire) in the next week or so. If they made that size in the general atx's I would go with those, but since they don't I'll end up transitioning back to the ko2's.

If you were asking about the difference in wheels I would be interested to know if the stock runs have different offsets?

Sponsored
OP
OP
mdepll

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco BD tires vs. BL tires 1642688957127

https://tiresize.com/comparison/

Lost more hours of my life than I'd like to admit on this site.

But I will say this doesn't really give you a 'real life' depiction.

For example, my Tahoe has 275/55R20's on it. So when using this tool they're 'bigger'. only slightly, but are bigger. So I thought when getting my BD, it was going to have smaller looking tires next to my Tahoe. However, with my BD next to my Tahoe, the Tahoe tires look much smaller. And I assume that's due to the 'aggressive' look of the grabbers.

I've also seen a Badlands stock with 33's & Sasquatch, 35's, right next to each other, and I honestly wouldn't be able to tell you which was squatched and which wasn't. They look that similar, but of course the 35's are bigger.

So depends on what you're asking for... looks for functionality?

I've yet to see a Badlands stock next to a BD though in person. I'd be interested in seeing if it looks all that different. A BD next to a Sasquatch definitely does.
I'm looking for looks and also functionality - on and off road

Are you saying the Tahoe 33's looked smaller than the BD 32's ??

Would be good to see BD and BL side by side

OP
OP
mdepll

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have run bfg ko2's on my truck since 2014 and I really like them. They do great off road, and in the snow, and are as quiet as one could expect from all terrains. I just got a black diamond a week ago and so far I like the general grabber atx's just as much. I haven't been able to take them on dirt yet (because everything is snowy and muddy where I live) but on snow and in mud they have performed great.

I am planning on upgrading the tire size to 285/75/17 (essentially a 33.5" tire) in the next week or so. If they made that size in the general atx's I would go with those, but since they don't I'll end up transitioning back to the ko2's.

If you were asking about the difference in wheels I would be interested to know if the stock runs have different offsets?
are you selling your BD stock grabbers after a week to get more clearance?

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm looking for looks and also functionality - on and off road

Are you saying the Tahoe 33's looked smaller than the BD 32's ??

Would be good to see BD and BL side by side
yup, that's what I'm saying! to be fair, I think the Tahoe's are considered 32's as well. just slightly taller and wider. But yes, look smaller.

OP
OP
mdepll

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

yup, that's what I'm saying! to be fair, I think the Tahoe's are considered 32's as well. just slightly taller and wider. But yes, look smaller.
Interesting. How do they perform for you? On and off road?

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Interesting. How do they perform for you? On and off road?
So far, no complaints. Took the BD offroading about a month ago, and I held my own. I was definitely scraping more, where the guys I was with had squatches and they barely scraped, if at all. Although one guy had 33's and I think a 1in lift. And he didn't scrape either. So maybe that extra 1 in lift and 1 in the tires made all the difference. 🤷‍♂️

Hasn't really snowed much here yet. But in the slippery conditions I have been out it in, tires seemed to do their job.

Sponsored
OP
OP
mdepll

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So far, no complaints. Took the BD offroading about a month ago, and I held my own. I was definitely scraping more, where the guys I was with had squatches and they barely scraped, if at all. Although one guy had 33's and I think a 1in lift. And he didn't scrape either. So maybe that extra 1 in lift and 1 in the tires made all the difference. 🤷‍♂️

Hasn't really snowed much here yet. But in the slippery conditions I have been out it in, tires seemed to do their job.
thanks for the review

PootsBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

are you selling your BD stock grabbers after a week to get more clearance?
I am planning on selling the tires to recoup since the cost of the new ones. 1,600 to replace tires that aren't worn out just hurts my soul!
Sponsored

Last edited: