Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After playing with B&P many many times, I have come to one conclusion: I really want the MGV seats. So...

I built a BD with 2.7 auto, squatched, mid package and tow package.

Then I built a Badlands, 2.3 manual, mid package, tow package, and it came in at a very similar price. Oh yeah, it’s got the MIC roof, ROOF rails, door bags as well as signature lights, a grill I prefer, and the high level dash display.

God Bless America I think I’m headed to SOUTH DAKOTA!
Sponsored

Last edited:

zrizik99

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 2016
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BD has rails too. BP is incorrect per Ford current model listing. For me BD, is more bang for the buck. I agree, BL has some perks but gets pricey as you add options. I'm leaning 4 door BD 2.7 with Sasquatch package. ???

OP
OP
Rebel Bronc

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BD has rails too. BP is incorrect per Ford current model listing. For me BD, is more bang for the buck. I agree, BL has some perks but gets pricey as you add options. I'm leaning 4 door BD 2.7 with Sasquatch package. ???
Sorry I wasn’t clear. ROOF rails, not the rock rails. I have a kayak. :cool:

Sponsored

zrizik99

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 2016
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BL has the bizarre cyber orange accents on the interior. Not a fan of those. Wish they'd just go gray or black without the random colors. BD has blue but I don't love it.

zrizik99

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 2016
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If money wasn't an option, it would be fully loaded BL for sure. I'd also love the wildtrak but the carpet floors are a no go for me. Screams a bad smelling interior if you get caught in the rain.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not sure if you have been to Badlands before but that was one of my favorite trips I’ve been on. Stayed in cabin in black hills and it was so peaceful. Will be going back again as soon as I get my BADLANDS!

Badlands> anything ever created the last 1000 years

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For me, it was more about not buying stuff I'll never use, like a disconnect that I don't know what you do with unless you're crawling rocks, and the front locker unless I do something super stupid...you do get those BFG 33's....but it's quite a cost step up. Oh, and the signature lights.

OspreyFE55

Badlands
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Smart ForTwo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For me, it was more about not buying stuff I'll never use, like a disconnect that I don't know what you do with unless you're crawling rocks, and the front locker unless I do something super stupid...you do get those BFG 33's....but it's quite a cost step up. Oh, and the signature lights.
Not really sure why everyone is getting worked up about the swaybar disconnect. The aftermarket world will have a manual disconnect soon enough. That’s how it is in the Jeep world. I was caught up on the Headlights and grill but I can’t pass up the bang for the buck when it comes to the BD. I’m sure the headlights will come with the aftermarket world. But hopefully Fords makes it an option on the BD!

Last edited:

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It really sure why everyone get worked up about the seat at disconnect. The aftermarket world will have manual disconnects soon enough. That how it is in the Jeep world. I was caught up on the Headlights and grill but I can’t pass up the bang for the buck when it comes to the BD. I’m sure the headlights will come with the aftermarket world. But hopefully Fords makes it an option on the BD!
Sway bar disconnect being with a flip of a switch would be nice if you are out climbing some mountains where it’s freezing outside and don’t want to get out to unbolt the sway bar but you are correct. Realistically it’s not “needed” as you can remove the other sway bars manually. Buts it’s a cool feature to have if you are on some trails where you need to get up some rocks, click off sway bar, climb said rocks, click on sway bar and away you go

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It really sure why everyone get worked up about the seat at disconnect. The aftermarket world will have manual disconnects soon enough. That how it is in the Jeep world. I was caught up on the Headlights and grill but I can’t pass up the bang for the buck when it comes to the BD. I’m sure the headlights will come with the aftermarket world. But hopefully Fords makes it an option on the BD!
I kind of dig the non-signature lights in front. It's the rears I'm more sad about, and wonder if the lenses can just be changed out.

broncoskip

Outer Banks
First Name
Broncoskip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford has a trim level problem, or they gave us 3 trim levels and 4 special editions and never clarified that fact.

I would say that for certain, First Edition is a special edition. I mean, it is limited in production and limited to it's standard options, plus it has a custom color option and special graphics. Everyone knows that FE is a special edition.

I would also contend that Wildtrack meets most Special Edition checkboxes. It has custom graphics, it is limited to a unique interior, and it is locked into a group of options. It was the only one going to be available with a glossy black top. It's a special edition all day.

I would also contend that Black Diamond is a Special Edition. It has a unique interior and a unique off-road and unique wheels. it is a low-price-point special edition off-roader.

Base Model is the last special edition. It is more limited in options than the Big Bend, has less colors available, and I doubt ford will put many on dealers lots. (in the future). Base is the fourth Special Edition, like a stripped-down race car chassis.

That makes Big Bend, OBX, and Badlands the three main trim levels. The only confusing part after that is that Sasquatch and the 2.7l has been made available across the board. So that is three Trim levels and four special editions, which would make so much more sense than six trim levels and one Special Edition.

This would line up with Wrangler, where Sport = Big Bend, Sahara = OBX, and Rubicon = Badlands. And the rest are one-off special editions like the Willy's or the 80th Anniversary.
Sponsored