Asylumchild

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone else run into this issue? What is your plan? I know there are Yakima roof rails could order as accessory once the bronco arrives at the dealer, which may be an option.
Sponsored

Gutter Clown

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You may have to wait for AF to catch up. The other option is to wait for 22MY when Ford is supposed to offer roof rack with SAS. Unless that was scraped.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Roof rails can be added as a dealer option. For some reason (Iā€™ve heard a few..), you canā€™t get Sasquatch and rails from the factory.

4WP is working on a frame that mounts to the quarter panels in the rear for ā€˜drasticallyā€™ increased capacity, so Iā€™m keeping my eye out for that.

Static load for the 4 door Bronco top is ~450lb.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone else run into this issue? What is your plan? I know there are Yakima roof rails could order as accessory once the bronco arrives at the dealer, which may be an option.
You can also just order the Ford factory roof rails and put them on after you take delivery.

GVWR reasons just means the factory/dealer can't put them on for you before delivery.

OP
OP
Asylumchild

Asylumchild

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Roof rails can be added as a dealer option. For some reason (Iā€™ve heard a few..), you canā€™t get Sasquatch and rails from the factory.

4WP is working on a frame that mounts to the quarter panels in the rear for ā€˜drasticallyā€™ increased capacity, so Iā€™m keeping my eye out for that.

Thats weird its only 450lbs, I have def seen videos saying the roof rails would support up to 800lbs for the rooftop tent that is offered.

Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thats weird its only 450lbs, I have def seen videos saying the roof rails would support up to 800lbs for the rooftop tent that is offered.
Yeah, if that's true, it would be big news. I dont think that's gonna be true.

OP
OP
Asylumchild

Asylumchild

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, if that's true, it would be big news. I dont think that's gonna be true.
Rather the tent supports 800lbs. Ford even has an overland model prebuild with the rooftop tent. Why advertise that if it wouldnt support a 2 person tent?

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You can also just order the Ford factory roof rails and put them on after you take delivery.

GVWR reasons just means the factory/dealer can't put them on for you before delivery.
Odd thing is though is that the factory roof rails are not anywhere to be ordered, not in the accessories catalog nor in performance parts or anywhere I can find. I spoke to my dealer (Stephens) and I can order other items now such as rock rails, rear cargo area liner, etc. but not the OE roof rack.

Only Ford roof item it appears you can order (aside from non Ford roof stuff) is the single crossmember. Wonder why the actual roof rack is not orderable?šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

OP
OP
Asylumchild

Asylumchild

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Odd thing is though is that the factory roof rails are not anywhere to be ordered, not in the accessories catalog nor in performance parts or anywhere I can find. I spoke to my dealer (Stephens) and I can order other items now such as rock rails, rear cargo area liner, etc. but not the OE roof rack.

Only Ford roof item it appears you can order (aside from non Ford roof stuff) is the single crossmember. Wonder why the actual roof rack is not orderable?šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø
I remember at first when the build tool came out there was a ford OEM roof rails and Yakima roof rails option for accessories. Now I cant find anything like that in the catalog. haha

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because I believe it is treated as a "part" from the parts catalog... it's not an "Accessory" or "Performance Part" item.

Weird distinctions... but there's apparently a reason why Ford handles it this way.

Same way you can't order the standard Bronco wheels, or the gray trim rings from the accessory catalog... but you can order the performance ranger wheels or the different colored rings.

Eventually we'll have a part number for the OEM roof rack, and we'll be able to order them from the parts counter.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Rather the tent supports 800lbs. Ford even has an overland model prebuild with the rooftop tent. Why advertise that if it wouldnt support a 2 person tent?
That's a great question. I would say it's for marketing/image alone. It would support a lighter roof top tent and one person from the factory im guessing. From what I've seen, Jeep says you shouldnt add any weight to the hardtop at all since it isn't structural.

If i want to ever go with a roof top tent, I'll be looking for one of the solutions that ties to the body instead of the top.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I inadvertently left the roof rack off my OBX order which has a June 21 build date, and a VIN. Since I don't want to mess with the order, i plan to get one "later" from the dealer parts dept, or the aftermarket. I actually like the basket model that mounts only above the rear hardtop shell, using the 4 mounting slots, leaving me to remove the front 3 pieces on my 4 dr while also usung the "rear" rack. It'll come in time, as Yakima, Thule and others catch up over the coming year!

OP
OP
Asylumchild

Asylumchild

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So... The Yakima SkyRise HD rooftop tent weighs 101.41lbs and supports 400lbs. That will work perfectly for the weight requirments of the roofbars then at 110lb and 450lbs. Wife and I combined weigh below 400lbs. No issue here just have to order the roof rails once it arrives. Just added the sasquatch package since I figured I would be waiting for the thing one way or another for 2021.

Tent specs:
https://yakima.com/products/skyrise-hd-2-sm-tan

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.evergreenclothier.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tiguan S w/4motion | '14 Fiesta SE Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Iā€™d say the wait for the 4WP items to become available is worse than actually waiting on the Bronco itself ha. That frame is going to be a really nice upgrade.
Sponsored