JB1901

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Care to share what's wrong with a Bronco sport ?
It's not all that nice of a vehicle? It compares more to a Suzuki Samurai or Subaru than a Bronco. I think my Fusion had more leg room. I'm sure it's just as reliable and functional as an Escape or whatever. My Kawasaki Mule is a better option offroad.

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You’ll see a lot more of these threads I think....people that somehow think that this is an appropriate vehicle for this kind of terrain. As for the tow....let that be the insurance companies problem

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Care to share what's wrong with a Bronco sport ?
Nothing's wrong with the Sport. It's a great vehicle for those who want to do light off-roading, especially the most capable Badlands trim (which that overturned Sport was not). I just got a Sport Badlands and it's much more capable than my Escape. Sure, it's no big Bronco Badlands, but its not supposed to be. Not everyone wants to rock crawl.

That said, I'm getting a 2DR Badlands and probably won't be pushing it any harder than my Sport. But who cares?

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's not all that nice of a vehicle? It compares more to a Suzuki Samurai or Subaru than a Bronco. I think my Fusion had more leg room. I'm sure it's just as reliable and functional as an Escape or whatever. My Kawasaki Mule is a better option offroad.
Not everything has to be a big Bronco though. Maybe some people just need what the sport provides
Nothing's wrong with the Sport. It's a great vehicle for those who want to do light off-roading, especially the most capable Badlands trim (which that overturned Sport was not). I just got a Sport Badlands and it's much more capable than my Escape. Sure, it's no big Bronco Badlands, but its not supposed to be. Not everyone wants to rock crawl.

That said, I'm getting a 2DR Badlands and probably won't be pushing it any harder than my Sport. But who cares?
This ☝🏾

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Reps to this guy for being out there and having an interesting future campfire story to tell (once he recovers from the shock of the roll-over). :) Probably half the people buying Sport or even full size Bronco, will never do anything exciting enough to warrant mention.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

it doesnt take much to catch a tire off the end of a trail and toss you or suck you down a terrain specially since it looks like a decent drop off. We have those issues around here on paved roads...

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

100%. The problem will be the owners that push the Sport beyond it's intended use. They will see people posting crazy stuff on FB & YT and think hey, that looks fun. In a shot time the soon realize they do not have the skills needed to safely pull of the same maneuver. In this case based on the photos the terrain was well within the Sports capability which puts the cause solely on the driver.

Sponsored

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
100%. The problem will be the owners that push the Bronco and Bronco Sport beyond it's intended use. They will see people posting crazy stuff on FB & YT and think hey, that looks fun. In a shot time the soon realize they do not have the skills needed to safely pull of the same maneuver. In this case based on the photos the terrain was well within the Sports capability which puts the cause solely on the driver.
FIFY

Looks like this guy was driving too fast offroad at night. I don't see a regular Bronco faring much better.

Everybody has seen the King of Hammers stuff where guys are driving offroad fast on closed courses. Even at offroadeos the instructors are doing high speed passes to show off the cars capabilities.

I agree this won't be the last of these pics. And we will see a lot more of them when the bigger Bronco hits the street too.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did the guy indicate the circumstance at the time?

Lot of blame on the vehicle itself with limited info that I can see

Or could he have swerved when he saw some animal eyes light up in front of him in the dark on the trail which could have resulted in the same outcome for any number of vehicles if he swerved to the downslope

RecklessKelly

Wildtrak
First Name
Reckless Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, CABT Excursion, Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Update: They did manage to recover the vehicle. That is a pretty good group of folks out there.
Ford Bronco Be careful out there. 1623075395732
What a nice, appreciative, down to earth, (no pun intended) sounding off-roader ................

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs