Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hate to see anyone roll a vehicle; really bad that it was a brand new one.

But hey, at least this guy had the balls to take his new ride out and a Bronco Sport no less, which has unfairly been dragged on the forum for months.

Wonder how many of the "Big Bronco" bad boys here will be bold enough to do the same, roll or otherwise. :unsure:......:unsure:?

There is no shame for avoiding shelf roads, as they can be very dangerous.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After watching Matt's Off Road Recovery channel for a while you'll find that people will get into the most utterly unbelievable predicaments. Bronco Sport out there in the rocks and dirt, yeah I get it. But to see a Prius or minivan somewhere they shouldn't be is just a head shaker.

And if you saw this one you give have no hope for humanity. Either that or this lady is a witch.

Lol you see all kinds of things out where the wild things are.
A JK was going up a very wet and messy red clay/rock incline here recently, started spinning, then started sliding. Then it started sliding diagonally, which increased as it slid. Got crossed up in the narrow trail and got the front and rear wedged on each bank.
Then it came loose and ever-so-gently laid over on its side and slid another 30 yards before wedging the roof against a rock and rolling a few times to the bottom of the hill.
It was like a slow-motion Hollywood stunt.
For those who have never had the joy of wheeling on red clay...it gets sticky, slippery, and very, very messy quickly.
And it stains everything.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just curious what peoples opinions are of the Ford CoPilot 360? Can it be turned off when you go off-road? I think I would prefer my Bronco not to have it, which means no LUX package? Last thing I want my vehicle to do off-road is "pre-collision assist" to lock the brakes so I can't go over a rock.

Sponsored

Jason

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands & 2023 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is a video of the rescue. I can see how easy it would be to miss the trail if you're driving too fast. By the time the headlights illuminated the trail, there was no trail.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Even though it ran, not sure it is smart to keep driving around like that in that condition.

Without a full go over by a mechanic, something else could break loose under more strain from the recovery and driving it and then you'd really be in lawsuit hell if you hurt someone.

But I guess you gotta get back on the 'horse'

Saxgod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1st bronco down. Big bronco next.
Can you imagine the ration of crap that will be given the first time someone scratches their Bronco here?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Even though it ran, not sure it is smart to keep driving around like that in that condition.

Without a full go over by a mechanic, something else could break loose under more strain from the recovery and driving it and then you'd really be in lawsuit hell if you hurt someone.

But I guess you gotta get back on the 'horse'
There is wisdom on this subject, apparently you need fire and a building to demolish to make it fully unusable. This sport looks almost the same as the day it rolled off the Focus assembly line, should be fine.

Sponsored

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is wisdom on this subject, apparently you need fire and a building to demolish to make it fully unusable. This sport looks almost the same as the day it rolled off the Focus assembly line, should be fine.

That was impressive, that thing took a beating and a quality ocean submersion

I guess that Sport can wait until the 30,000 mile servicing

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just curious what peoples opinions are of the Ford CoPilot 360? Can it be turned off when you go off-road? I think I would prefer my Bronco not to have it, which means no LUX package? Last thing I want my vehicle to do off-road is "pre-collision assist" to lock the brakes so I can't go over a rock.
That stuff should turn off if you're using an off road mode.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow, Whistlindiesel looks older in this video…

ProSim

First Name
Pro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

More info, pics and video at this link. You can see the curve he went off the road.

Ford Bronco Sport Rolls Down Hill Onto Roof, Drives Away After Rescue

Ford Bronco Be careful out there. 1623184522702

Considering the direction his sport was facing when it was on its roof, I'm guessing he was coming up the hill where the Hummer is at and was too far on the passenger side of the trail when he crested the hill and went over. From the one video it looked like the hill there is pretty steep and the trail goes left right after the crest.

Looks like there are some awesome trails there though and an even better off-road community of people. Glad it all worked out.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

More info, pics and video at this link. You can see the curve he went off the road.

Ford Bronco Sport Rolls Down Hill Onto Roof, Drives Away After Rescue

yeah the topography of that area looks completely different than the Satellite view gave it credit for.
I mentioned in another thread how not to go off of Sat views for scouting trails or rivers prior to venturing into unknown territory.
I've tried it before with trails and it didn't work out so well.
Tried it with rivers prior to kayaking to gauge the distance, severity, and drop of rapids before and also no bueno for that.
It will tell you approximately where the hazards lie if you can keep your bearings, but do little to tell you of the severity and height of anything at all.
Sponsored