Sponsored

Be honest: would you guys make fun of me if i took off my badge, and put this guy on my fender?

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
That does like very nice. Looks a bit bigger than I was expecting. You mind grabbing a quick dimension? I'll take a rough one based of your estimate if that's easier. Just trying to get an idea on size. Thanks!
Was running out the door this morning so didn't have time to grab a tape measure. Dollar bill in photo for scale.

Someone else asked about mounting. This one uses pins on the back but I may file them down and us adhesive.
Ford Bronco Be honest: would you guys make fun of me if i took off my badge, and put this guy on my fender? PXL_20210310_111354107
Ford Bronco Be honest: would you guys make fun of me if i took off my badge, and put this guy on my fender? PXL_20210310_111354107

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Installs with clips. Not drilling mine
Huh?

You have to drill in order to attach clips on other side of fender. I’ve installed this script, 302 badges, and Ford lettering on grill on EB. All required drilling. For those that may go that route and do end up drilling. Start small. Use a smaller bit than you think or called for. Then work up if needed. I’d also recommend using a sealant for holes prior to install to prevent rust/corrosion due to exposure. 👍🏻

jntaylor1701

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco II Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Nope. In many ways, you are going what mustang drivers have been doing. Mixing vintage emblems on new mustangs and vice versa. Even today, you can buy a new mustang with a classic pony trim package.

I am all for making your ride stand out, but to a point. I have seen enough mall crawling jeeps in FL that proves that adage "You can't buy taste"

Last edited:

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Make fun of you? No.

I, personally, don't care for mixing old fonts from classic rides with new fonts on modern retro rides but it's not my money. Just from personal experience from having been in and around the retro muscle car scene for the last decade or so there are some cool vintage inspired ideas that can be done. Just not a fan of vintage scripts and/or badges as part of that.

Sponsored

ProSim

First Name
Pro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

IMO the current sticker badges are tacky. (no pun intended) Ford didn't/isn't putting very much thought into them. At the very least they should have gone metal/raised with them.

I will definitely be taking the stickers off and adding the script bronco or something similar. Or maybe just nothing at all.

You do you!

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Have you seen some of the front thats inside and outside the car? It's this cryptic rigid alien like spelling....oh, i now realize why i think that - it's similar to the movie Predator, if you google Predator countdown clock

Either way, the script Bronco font would clash horribly.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Waiting for a 3D black chrome decal version to come out. I hate the way stock badging looks.

OP
OP
sangemini

sangemini

Outer Banks
First Name
katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru forester
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OP
OP
sangemini

sangemini

Outer Banks
First Name
katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru forester
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I made the decision to do it long ago. I will grind off the posts and 3m tape it on Carb Grey Badlands. If I can salvage my Badlands sticker, I'll probably put one somewhere on the corners of the tailgate or inside the tailgate.
I got ford licensed ones because they were nearly the same cost as vintage ones in poor condition. I didn't want to chance other poorer quality ones and deal with a return 🙃.

Enjoy my shitty non-scaled mock up!
Measured pics for those interested.
I've thought about manufacturing these with 3m tape preapplied, but I want to find out if the curvature of the fender will affect fit and finish before I do.

hey, thank you for these mock ups! this is what i needed to see, and helps so much even if they arent scaled. I just wanted to see if the vintage vibe worked with the modern design.