First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO AND BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It was down all morning here. I probably would have taken the word of a regular but not someone a hour away
Sponsored

OP
OP
Figmo

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ya I don’t usually call out complainers, but this is the most illegitimate complaint thread I’ve seen yet.
Fair enough. But try to see it from my point of view. I have tried TWICE now to spend my points. And was denied BOTH times. The latest involving a 2 hour round trip.

So yeah, as somebody else stated, I now know how a teenager on her period feels. I just want the points. Not the cramps!!

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I'm one of those suckers who went "all in" on reward points. Even got a Bronco Visa card to earn more reward points. Right now, I'm sitting at around 60K points.

Which sounds like a lot but it's not really. Remember - the exchange rate on these things makes the Mexican Peso look like a real value. But that's not what I'm pissed about. I already knew all that going in. I figured "free is free" - even if it's a tiny fraction of a dollar.

So I ordered up a keyless entry pad and a set of door storage bags. Scheduled with the dealership to install the pad since I didn't want to mess with renting a license for FDRS and doing it myself. Dealership is an hour away from me (2 hour round trip). Get up there and the install goes fine and the time comes to pay the bill.

Lady tells me, "Ford is switching their computers around so you can't spend your Ford points"

WT ACTUAL F ?????

"What good are points if I can't spend them?"

"Oh you can spend them. Next time."

"You guys are 2 hours away. I don't know when the next time will be. What about earning points for today? Will I EARN points for today's service visit?"

"Oh yeah...you'll get points for today. No problem."

"So...your computer has the ability to earn me points, just not for me to actually spend them? That sounds awful convenient. For you!!"

"Sorry. Out of our control. It's Ford's doing."

So at this point, what I've learned is that you CAN NOT spend your reward points on Ford merchandise such as hats, jackets, t-shirts, etc (see my other post about that bullshit).

And now, apparently, you CAN NOT spend them on Ford genuine parts and service unless you're lucky and happen to pick a time when the computer is working.

What a F'ing ripoff. I'm cutting up my Bronco Visa card and about ready to tell Ford to just keep their fake reward points and shove them right up their GD ass.

All you new buyers have been warned. Don't get too excited about Ford's {cough cough} "rewards points" . There is no end to the creative excuses they'll invent about why you can't actually spend them.

P.S.
On a related note. The door storage bags are AWESOME. Even if I did have to pay for them with my Bronco Visa. Will be the last thing I put on that f'ing card. Promise you that.

Im in IT and you have to love it when a company makes changes during the day....

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I used mine last week for accessories. I used to work service for ford and redeemed points all th time with no issues. Sounds like your dealer is an idiot.

steezyB6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Tundra long travel prerunner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's been 4 months now, and i'm yet to receive my points for the vehicle purchase.
How long is it supposed to take, before it shows up on my app?

Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They took my points away while I was waiting for my Bronco.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm always surprised any of it works, ever. :whistle:

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So I'm one of those suckers who went "all in" on reward points. Even got a Bronco Visa card to earn more reward points. Right now, I'm sitting at around 60K points.

Which sounds like a lot but it's not really. Remember - the exchange rate on these things makes the Mexican Peso look like a real value. But that's not what I'm pissed about. I already knew all that going in. I figured "free is free" - even if it's a tiny fraction of a dollar.

So I ordered up a keyless entry pad and a set of door storage bags. Scheduled with the dealership to install the pad since I didn't want to mess with renting a license for FDRS and doing it myself. Dealership is an hour away from me (2 hour round trip). Get up there and the install goes fine and the time comes to pay the bill.

Lady tells me, "Ford is switching their computers around so you can't spend your Ford points"

WT ACTUAL F ?????

"What good are points if I can't spend them?"

"Oh you can spend them. Next time."

"You guys are 2 hours away. I don't know when the next time will be. What about earning points for today? Will I EARN points for today's service visit?"

"Oh yeah...you'll get points for today. No problem."

"So...your computer has the ability to earn me points, just not for me to actually spend them? That sounds awful convenient. For you!!"

"Sorry. Out of our control. It's Ford's doing."

So at this point, what I've learned is that you CAN NOT spend your reward points on Ford merchandise such as hats, jackets, t-shirts, etc (see my other post about that bullshit).

And now, apparently, you CAN NOT spend them on Ford genuine parts and service unless you're lucky and happen to pick a time when the computer is working.

What a F'ing ripoff. I'm cutting up my Bronco Visa card and about ready to tell Ford to just keep their fake reward points and shove them right up their GD ass.

All you new buyers have been warned. Don't get too excited about Ford's {cough cough} "rewards points" . There is no end to the creative excuses they'll invent about why you can't actually spend them.

P.S.
On a related note. The door storage bags are AWESOME. Even if I did have to pay for them with my Bronco Visa. Will be the last thing I put on that f'ing card. Promise you that.
Instead of Ford's credit card I went with Hilton honors. In the time it took for Ford to actually deliver a Bronco, I had earned enough for 4 nights at a 5-star resort in Bora Bora (The Conrad Nui, highly recommendedit). Oh, and if you book 4 consecutive nights, you get the 5th free when using the Hilton honors program.

Soooo, a bit over $10,000 in value for 3 years of using a credit card for the same things I was already using it for.

Or I could have earned a "free" Ford coffee mug..... Guess you have to pick your battles.

Ford Bronco BE WARNED: FORD REWARD POINTS ARE A LIE !!! [Update: Dealer-specific issue] FB_IMG_1674361158962_remastered

pveoq

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST, '84 Isuzu Trooper
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My dealer had issues with Ford points as well but it worked out in my favor. I used my points to get an arb air compressor. I got the compressor for like $50 and somehow kept the points.

tractorcrusher

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Fair enough. But try to see it from my point of view. I have tried TWICE now to spend my points. And was denied BOTH times. The latest involving a 2 hour round trip.

So yeah, as somebody else stated, I now know how a teenager on her period feels. I just want the points. Not the cramps!!
Sounds like your dealership sucks then, which is unfortunate because it sounds like the closest one online... time to spend your points online!

Sponsored

Tacoman

Raptor
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Code Orange Braptor, 2022 Black Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
NO issues at all, in fact, the Braptor is a the dealer right now getting tailgate table installed. Used points for the table AND the install!! Win Win!

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Only issue I have ever had is that I still have to pay sales tax out of my pocket.

Got the $80 window shade, and had to scrounge up the $6.24 tax for "reasons".

Haven't had the Bronco long enough to need an oil change yet. Was planning on just letting a local shop do it since they are way cheaper (and far, far closer) than the dealership, but if I can use my points for that I'll put up with the hassle.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve had no problems spending my points at the dealership for service.
Used mine easily towards tube steps

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I bought some door bags couple weeks ago online and picked them up at the dealership using points for purchase. Don't get me started on the fact that Ford decided the Braptors only need two door bags when it only comes in four door and the damn thing is 80k.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's been 4 months now, and i'm yet to receive my points for the vehicle purchase.
How long is it supposed to take, before it shows up on my app?
Should be a few days. The dealer has to enter the request after purchase. I would call the dealer and notify them...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.