Sponsored

Beadlock capable wheels (rings) are factory installed?

ID-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Frod Excursion 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did a quick search and didn't find anything but if this has been covered before apologize. When B&P comes online and you order the Sasquatch package will Ford have the option to purchase the Beadlock rings and they setup these correctly mounted at factory? Or option #2, do we need to purchase rings separately and head to a tire shop to get these setup ourselves?
Thanks!
Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did a quick search and didn't find anything but if this has been covered before apologize. When B&P comes online and you order the Sasquatch package will Ford have the option to purchase the Beadlock rings and they setup these correctly mounted at factory? Or option #2, do we need to purchase rings separately and head to a tire shop to get these setup ourselves?
Thanks!

That will most likely be an accessory that you need to purchase from the dealership...

They are listed as off road only...

We have a disclaimer when we sell them to take Ford and us off the hook if you use them for street use...

BroncoGator

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Related question:
What is a beauty ring and is it easily replaceable?

I'm going sasquatch but not going to beadlock it. The "warm alloy" look is not for me and I'm hoping the all black like the Wildtrack will be available for purchase.

OP
OP
ID-Bronco

ID-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Frod Excursion 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That will most likely be an accessory that you need to purchase from the dealership...

They are listed as off road only...

We have a disclaimer when we sell them to take Ford and us off the hook if you use them for street use...
Thanks! That makes sense!

CoolTech

Wildtrak
First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Touareg TDI
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
With the Raptor, the Ford Engineers really innovated a way to bring beadlockers to the consumer while simultaneously skirting the concerns of corporate lawyers and ambiguous, at best, State regulations regarding beadlocks.

So creative was Ford's approach that Jeep soon copied them. The design is as follows;

The "beadlock-capable" rims that are optional on the Bronco will feature an outer conventional bead where the outer lip of the tire can seal against it. As such, it is conventional. However, the wheel will be drilled and tapped around the entire perimeter. To cover these "unsightly" holes, these beadlock-capable wheels will come with a beauty-ring. You can call it a fake beadlock ring and typically will only attach to the rims using a small subset of the drilled/tapped holes.

Available through Ford Performance, owners will be able to purchase real beadlock rings. These will replace the beauty rings. When using the beadlock rings, the outer lip of the tire will be extended up and over the standard bead and then the beadlock ring will clamp the tire bead in a beadlock-typical fashion.

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

With the Raptor, the Ford Engineers really innovated a way to bring beadlockers to the consumer while simultaneously skirting the concerns of corporate lawyers and ambiguous, at best, State regulations regarding beadlocks.

So creative was Ford's approach that Jeep soon copied them. The design is as follows;

The "beadlock-capable" rims that are optional on the Bronco will feature an outer conventional bead where the outer lip of the tire can seal against it. As such, it is conventional. However, the wheel will be drilled and tapped around the entire perimeter. To cover these "unsightly" holes, these beadlock-capable wheels will come with a beauty-ring. You can call it a fake beadlock ring and typically will only attach to the rims using a small subset of the drilled/tapped holes.

Available through Ford Performance, owners will be able to purchase real beadlock rings. These will replace the beauty rings. When using the beadlock rings, the outer lip of the tire will be extended up and over the standard bead and then the beadlock ring will clamp the tire bead in a beadlock-typical fashion.
Do you know if accessory beauty rings in different colors would be available? I saw a render of a Rapid Red Bronco with body color rings...sharp!

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

NO, the real beadlock rings will not be sold on the vehicle from the factory. They are a Ford Performance accessory. Very unlikely that a dealer will be willing to install them. Once installed technically your Bronco is no longer street legal.

CoolTech

Wildtrak
First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Touareg TDI
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Once installed technically your Bronco is no longer street legal.
Note that the "legality" of beadlock rims is something that has been debated ad nauseum in many forums. Suffice to say, it is unclear if they are legal or not. To wit, there's a thin line between Ford offering them on the vehicle or through the dealerships versus Ford Performance when 99% of the products sold by Ford Performance are focused toward street-driving enthusiasts who only fantasize about being racers.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Related question:
What is a beauty ring and is it easily replaceable?

I'm going sasquatch but not going to beadlock it. The "warm alloy" look is not for me and I'm hoping the all black like the Wildtrack will be available for purchase.
Sasquatch wheels are all black

B. Ron CO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
To confirm my understanding does this mean the tire must be remounted when installing the Ford Performance beadlock rings?

Sponsored

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reviving this thread from the dead...

Can the "beauty rings" be removed from the wheels without unmounting or deflating the tire?

I'm getting my Bronco wrapped and am considering the rings as well and want to know if they can simply be unbolted and bolted back on or if it's more involved.

Thanks in advance!

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Can the "beauty rings" be removed from the wheels without unmounting or deflating the tire?

I'm getting my Bronco wrapped and am considering the rings as well and want to know if they can simply be unbolted and bolted back on or if it's more involved.

Thanks in advance!
Yes

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Thanks in advance!
I am going to assume yes. It looks like the standard ring is 100% cosmetic.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My Raptor wheels use a T-47 bit for the bolts. Bronco might be the same.
Sponsored