Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘94 M998, ‘89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's a side-by-side. Added to OP

Ring Comparison.jpg
Ok now I can tell the difference. Much like the body color I can’t ever decide which option I like better. I usually prefer what ever color I see last.
Sponsored

Td66

Wildtrak
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 runner, 2 Mazda 3s
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

20210730_161218.jpg

Ring Comparison.jpg

20210730_192953.jpg

20210727_193454.jpg

[/QUOTE]
You are a rebel, Looks great but Ford has now canceled your MIC top, bumper to bumper warranty, and your 1 trillion Ford points from Tiny's Bar and Grill!

SirBenimen

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Bronco 2020 GT500 2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Powder coat is cheap, easy, and durable. It’s the way to go… under $100 for 5 rings.
Ford Bronco Beadlock Capable Wheels Rings Removal and Color Changed (Powdercoated) - Non-Sasquatch Badlands 68287710-7A9C-4407-8390-E7192DFC84A0
Sasquatch rings do appear to be different than badland rings. Mine don’t have the “fangs”…🤔

Sponsored

bdg149

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021.5 VW Atlas, 1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree the lighter silver looks better! Has anyone thought about coating the Beauty Rings white? I'm considering a BaseSquatch in AMB, and getting the Beauty Rings coated white, instead of getting a whole set of white wheels to start. I think the AMB with white rings and the white retro stripe kit would look great together. Consider it Heritage Pkg Lite until white tops come out :D

dwfern

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great job! Feel like it is pretty cost effective as well! I will have to keep them in mind when I get my ride as I am getting the same wheels as you.

I wonder if they could powder coat the grill and trail sights as well?

I am getting Cactus Gray and thinking of trying to recreate to some extend the Cactus Gray & white concept that was rolling around early on.

Maybe a more silver grill to match beauty rings and white trail sights?

RobCo

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, 1977 Ford Bronco project
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The polished rings give it a much better look, great job. Would you powder coat them yourself?

Sponsored

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm def going to be looking up local powder coating in my area today !

OP
OP
Tony Badlands

Tony Badlands

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The polished rings give it a much better look, great job. Would you powder coat them yourself?
If I had the equipment, I'd totally do it myself. I'd probably skip the chemical bath however;) $200 was pretty reasonable though and I got them back in about three days so I'll let the pro's handle it.

OP
OP
Tony Badlands

Tony Badlands

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Great job! Feel like it is pretty cost effective as well! I will have to keep them in mind when I get my ride as I am getting the same wheels as you.

I wonder if they could powder coat the grill and trail sights as well?

I am getting Cactus Gray and thinking of trying to recreate to some extend the Cactus Gray & white concept that was rolling around early on.

Maybe a more silver grill to match beauty rings and white trail sights?
Thanks,

The grill and trail sights are definitely plastic so not a candidate for powdercoat. Painting is your go to for those items.

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

will they have to tape the inside of the bolt holes before powder coating as well as the back where it marries the wheel? Never owned a bead lock capable wheel before, or had anything powder coated. Didn't know if the entire ring was coated and made to fit without a machine fit?

Wasn't sure if i needed to give the powder coaters special instructions when i drop them off or not.

OP
OP
Tony Badlands

Tony Badlands

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
will they have to tape the inside of the bolt holes before powder coating as well as the back where it marries the wheel? Never owned a bead lock capable wheel before, or had anything powder coated. Didn't know if the entire ring was coated and made to fit without a machine fit?

Wasn't sure if i needed to give the powder coaters special instructions when i drop them off or not.
The holes on mine were powdercoated from the factory which is why we stripped and blasted them. Adding more powder over the factory coating would have likely caused a problem. After coating, the holes did not require any adjustment for the bolts to pass through. Also, from the factory, there was a very light coating on the back almost looking like overspray. I went all out and had them do both sides. The fit was perfect and I haven't noticed any change in the ride.

Honestly the most difficult part of the process was unbolting and bolting them back up. There is a liberal amount of thread lock on them so its labor intensive. Trying not to scratch the powdercoat took some focus:)
Sponsored

Last edited: