First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey just wondering if anyone else has noticed the torx bolts holding the beauty rings on the Sasquatch wheels oxidizing? I had these on for about a month before I switched over to aftermarket for winters and stored inside my shop and when I put back on late April the nuts were all oxidized. Took to dealer and they are ordering 60 under warranty. Service advisor came out to inspect and says “these are aftermarket right?” . I said uh no 🙄. So that’s what we’re up against when these dealers service people don’t even know what a factory wheel is. Anyway all 48 plus the ones on spare are the same.

C63FA369-1236-4B49-A55D-AEB94BADDB25.jpeg

Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, mine are as well and they look like crap. I didn’t think to file a warranty claim but now I am. Thanks!

OP
OP
51Creature

51Creature

Wildtrak
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes, mine are as well and they look like crap. I didn’t think to file a warranty claim but now I am. Thanks!
Took 5 min in and out for them to say no problem we’ll get them ordered.

Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 Raptor, 2020 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's just gonna happen again. My raptor did the same thing and after 7 years I decided to buy stainless Allen bolts. Did the same to the bronco as the bolts were crusty way faster before I went aftermarket. If I had to do it again I'd get some fancy ARP 12 points.

OP
OP
51Creature

51Creature

Wildtrak
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's just gonna happen again. My raptor did the same thing and after 7 years I decided to buy stainless Allen bolts. Did the same to the bronco as the bolts were crusty way faster before I went aftermarket. If I had to do it again I'd get some fancy ARP 12 points.
Good to know. I’ll just keep making them order them over and over. Maybe they will offer to pay for a better quality one. Shouldn’t need to considering the price we pay for these. Guess I’ll head back to Toyota if the new Tacoma or runners after the restyle. I’ll hopefully enjoy a few years with this.

Sponsored

Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 Raptor, 2020 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good to know. I’ll just keep making them order them over and over. Maybe they will offer to pay for a better quality one. Shouldn’t need to considering the price we pay for these. Guess I’ll head back to Toyota if the new Tacoma or runners after the restyle. I’ll hopefully enjoy a few years with this.
I'm with you on that but I'd be more worried about the knuckleheads armed with impact guns crossthreading bolts and destroying wheels. Ask me how I know haha.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What are the specs on the bolts you used? Are they regular shiny stainless heads? I just got some stainless screws with black powder coated heads for my mud flaps so maybe we need to make the same for these wheels since these bolts are also apparently soft with a shallow socket so they love to strip.

OP
OP
51Creature

51Creature

Wildtrak
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm with you on that but I'd be more worried about the knuckleheads armed with impact guns crossthreading bolts and destroying wheels. Ask me how I know haha.
Me too. My dealer is going to let me take them and do it at my shop as I’m licensed shop and they basically told me I’d do better job then them. Low man on totem pole would get this job, and them eff it up for sure.

Redflag59

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I replaced all mine with stainless steel after two of the factory ones stripped and had to be milled out.
Sponsored