Sponsored

Beefing up the Base model without Sasquatch?

Appzilla

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
We are looking at. base 2-door w 2.3 for my wife. Will never take it off road( other than the Outer Banks beach). We’d like to make it look more muscular without the $7k Sasquatch price tag. We have a Jeep JK Sport now and put rubicon take-offs on it with 2” spacers and it looks great. Looking for the same sort of modest facelift so it doesn’t look too whimpy. We might just buy the BB, but weighing our options as we need to purchase two new vehicles this year and I’m feeling cheap!
Sponsored

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You will see wheel/tire takeoffs from Badlands models floating around shortly after people start taking delivery. I know a lot of people still plan to put 35's on without Sasquatch so they can pick their wheels.

You will probably see factory rock rails and steel bumpers floating around within a year or two as well. Most buyers only need a good aftermarket alternative and they will make the switch and sell the factory stuff.

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We are looking at. base 2-door w 2.3 for my wife. Will never take it off road( other than the Outer Banks beach). We’d like to make it look more muscular without the $7k Sasquatch price tag. We have a Jeep JK Sport now and put rubicon take-offs on it with 2” spacers and it looks great. Looking for the same sort of modest facelift so it doesn’t look too whimpy. We might just buy the BB, but weighing our options as we need to purchase two new vehicles this year and I’m feeling cheap!
Indo , do you have a source for the 33's fitting?

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

From what I've read, 33" tires will fit without a lift. So consider that along with some decent looking aftermarket 8" wide wheels. Maybe down the road an alternate front bumper.
Sorry replied to the wrong poster. lol

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Last edited:

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Canoe on top...
$1000 for the Canoe and $500 for the Roof and and Canoe holder... maybe down to $250 after the FordPass Points you get.

Effective total price: $1250.

No one will notice the wheels (except for the awareness of the retro steelies). Instead, they will be enthralled by how the tie straps tie to the front edges just beyond the hood.

This is not wimpy at all:

Ford Bronco Beefing up the Base model without Sasquatch? Canoe Front

Ford Bronco Beefing up the Base model without Sasquatch? Bronco No Doors Roof

Last edited:
First Name
KEVIN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ First EDITION 22’ BL2dr 23’ BL4dr
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford Bronco Beefing up the Base model without Sasquatch? 35E9B507-9E28-4D79-B123-4CBB097C8C32
This is my RUBI 35’s on 22’s. Ordered a Badlands/Sasquatch removing factory wheels going with 375-45-22’s 35 15.50 my vehicles pound pavement only. I have a garage full of takeoff’s from years past.

Mountain Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Full size GM SUV
Your Bronco Model
Base
Great thread for me to follow. I am think same.

I was thinking of getting black ranger steelies, trying to fit 285 70 r17. Worse case 265 70r17. Modular bumper and after market tint.

not sure how 3.73 gears will turn 285’s with 2.3. Also, can Speedo be adjusted? I might move my order to 2022, just to find out. Maybe we will know before March

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great thread for me to follow. I am think same.

I was thinking of getting black ranger steelies, trying to fit 285 70 r17. Worse case 265 70r17. Modular bumper and after market tint.

not sure how 3.73 gears will turn 285’s with 2.3. Also, can Speedo be adjusted? I might move my order to 2022, just to find out. Maybe we will know before March
The 3.73 will be fine with he 2.3, there are many using these in their Ranger with zero issues. You might have to adjust or replace the crash bars but not sure how these are on the Bronco until they get out there. You'll be able to adjust the speedo with ForScan or if you get a tune you can do it through the tuner.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Appzilla

Appzilla

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You will see wheel/tire takeoffs from Badlands models floating around shortly after people start taking delivery. I know a lot of people still plan to put 35's on without Sasquatch so they can pick their wheels.

You will probably see factory rock rails and steel bumpers floating around within a year or two as well. Most buyers only need a good aftermarket alternative and they will make the switch and sell the factory stuff.
Will I need to lift to make it equivalent to some of the upper end models if I go to 33’s? Thanks.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will I need to lift to make it equivalent to some of the upper end models if I go to 33’s? Thanks.
I am willing to bet if you throw Badlands 33’s on there you will be fine for the street, but you might rub a fender at full flex off road. The backspacing of the different wheels should allow 33’s to work when you turn to full lock. I don’t know what the backspacing difference is between the Badlands wheels and other trim’s, but there’s another thread somewhere listing all of them.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Personally I’d say go with that. Little bigger tire with a modest spacer lift to level it and you’re good to go!

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This is good advice.

I’d bet on Bilsteins being available pretty shortly too as Badlands, BDSquatch and Wildtrack owners throw on lifts to get to 37’s.

Nimo

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ordered a carbonized gray base model. Planning to just run a bigger tire (33's hopefully) on the steelies and keep that for a bit. Then I might wait for a set of take offs off a different trim or if I'm feeling real special, a set of methods.
Ford Bronco Beefing up the Base model without Sasquatch? method-mr703-wheel-6lug-bronze-17x8-5-1000_600x

Then planning to add on over the course of a few years: 2" lift, bumper/winch, sliders, rack, lights, etc. Excited to see where it's gonna go.
Sponsored