Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

šŸ˜Š yeah sand hollow will be very close to where we are staying and is what got me thinking about driving out there. that said, Iā€™ve only seen pretty extreme rock crawl videos. Enough for a newbie in a stock Sasquatch to do?
Im relatively new to offroading as well. I got my BL sasquatch last October, drove from Florida to Utah (Sand Hollow, specifically) and had a freaking BLAST.

Get a good trail app like Gaia or OnX and spend time browsing trails before you go. This lets you get familiar before you head out, and if you save the maps for offline use you'll always know where you're at and what's nearby (because cell service is minimal at most sites).

I did Fins and Things in Moab and the Bronco made it freaking easy man. Its not the hardest trail in reality but for a newbie its intimidating, the Bronco chooches through it no problem.
Sponsored

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

On the way there drive I-20, I-22, I-40 over to Flagstaff, AZ. Flagstaff has the Grand Canyon and Oak Creek Canyon, which are awesome. Once you do everything around Flagstaff you want to do, drive on US-89 north up to Page, then hit Zion National Park and everything around there on the way to Washington, UT.

Once in Washington... off-road time. Sand Hollow State Park... or just some scenic driving around there and Cedar City, Utah. Whatever you and the family want to do. If you got kids Sand Hollow will probably be a lot of fun though.

On the way back, Bryce Canyon up north until you hit Moab. Do all kinds of fun stuff around Moab, then head east to Grand Junction, CO. Once there, US-50/550 south to Telluride, Durango, Pagosa Springs, etc. Beautiful area of Colorado. Again... if you have kids, the Durango/Silverton Railroad will probably be a big hit--although honestly it's a lot of fun for adults too.
^ This guy knows how to have a good time!

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

. I havenā€™t looked into booking off-roadeo. How far in advance do you need to book?
I have seen people slip in at the last minute. But you probably only need a week or so for them to verify your reservation/purchase and get you into the next week. If you schedule for the week days, there are typically a fewer people on the trail.

RunNGunArk

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Beginner adventures out west 1643131007681

If you go to MOAB, get this book. I used to live in SLC and took my 2015 Rubicon to Moab plenty. this book is a huge help..

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can't swing a dead cat in that area of the country and not hit a trail.

I think you will regret not having your Bronco when you get there. Every little dirt path that you see taking off from the side of the highway will mock you. The wanderlust will be ignited. You will continually wonder "what is around that bend?" and will sit there miserable every night with regret.

Also I did Bronco off-roadeo in Moab with my son and it was great. Another high recommendation. Eating lunch at the huge cave was cool and we met great people.

If you're lucky you get to meet a Bronco (football team) cheerleader, who is now a Bronco (Ford) cheerleader. An awesome guide and super sweet lady with mad off-road skills.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you're lucky you get to meet a Bronco (football team) cheerleader, who is now a Bronco (Ford) cheerleader. An awesome guide and super sweet lady with mad off-road skills.
Pics or GTFO

OP
OP
kevin.gt

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Iā€™m back at trip planning again. My dad wants to go north and see Badlands and Black Hills before heading south to Moab and Zion.

looking at Offroad and AllTrails, Iā€™m not seeing marked trails in Badlands National Park. Anyone familiar with that area?
Sponsored