Ft
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Great story and coverage, well done!!!

They certainly picked the right person for this. (y)

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I can't wait for reviews as well as reading the thread about what the early buyers don't like. Not for negativity, but if I pull the trigger on my reservation, I want to know what others dislike after taking ownership and actually live with this thing.
This will be my 2nd new vehicle purchase, and the 1st was also a 1st year model that my idiot younger self didn't even test drive before buying.

BroncoLover

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Havenā€™t seen this piece posted. Sweet pics.

https://jalopnik.com/heres-what-i-saw-at-the-2021-ford-bronco-assembly-plant-1847101344

Here's What I Saw At The 2021 Ford Bronco Assembly Plant
Ford invited me to watch workers assemble the Ford Bronco at Michigan Assembly near Detroit

Words and photos by David Tracy

56f4e5bb200139d7159d7d7f4f065598.png

ā€œHey man, I know itā€™s late notice - but how does your 10am look?ā€ a representative from Ford Motor Company texted me on Sunday night. FoMoCo wanted to show me the exciting new Ford Bronco being assembled at the Michigan Assembly plant in Wayne, Michigan. I wasnā€™t about to miss out.

I entered the north entrance of the former Ford C-Max and Ford Focus plant, and watched as the Bronco and its platform mate, the Ranger, slowly skated along the enormous factoryā€™s moving floor. The press event was informal and small; Ford just wanted a few journalists to see that the exciting new Bronco was finally rolling off the line, as the brand planned to announce the start of production the following morning (today).

It was awesome. Assembly plants are magical places, filled with diverse workforces, incredibly specialized tools, strictly-followed (and fascinating) processes, and an unbelievable number of cars and car parts that are all in precise motion, ultimately heading towards the exit.

Hereā€™s a look at what I saw during my short visit. These freshly-painted body shells are beautiful. I love that specialized jig that holds the gas filler door in the driverā€™s window opening:

22a0f02c0631df43937f384e99b8c57d.png

973834ee6a3997670eed3d5d3544d2ef.png

973834ee6a3997670eed3d5d3544d2ef.png

The bodies ā€” each mounted on large longitudinal stand-in frames ā€” drop down via an elevator, then slide forward, and then progress laterally in a big line of bodies.

8c3cd1c98b45d8696349306e4a24b048.png

Here are some Broncos undergoing what appeared to be some sort of electrical systems test. I watched as techs interacted with a screen while windows, lights and wipers activated.

cdd04f5b2e766e68f0f3e5a1b33bf6c1.png

This blue Bronco was undergoing some sort of four-wheel dynamometer test, presumably to test the powertrain and drivetrain:

cad427ee002206ca8e3ab9679fdea583.png

Doors, held by special orange rigging, marched along the elevated catwalk:

cccaa4ecdd75f6b37525eb07a527576b.png

Hereā€™s an operator holding what looks like a calibrated torque wrench meant to precisely snug down threaded fasteners:

7647e6097464bac9f2b0fc31f4f379de.png

Note the fender protector that allows for assembly while keeping the bodywork in tip-top shape:

76cf22231700cbadf0d64c71f4ac1e78.png

A conveyor belt brought this seat to its vehicle at precisely the right time. Modern manufacturing plants rarely have stockpiles of parts sitting at each station. The components arrive when theyā€™re needed.

816d1b238aa3db06b7fda2d01007181f.png

Hereā€™s a plant employee, Kirt, who owns roughly a dozen old Ford Broncos, and who ā€” of course ā€” has a new one on order. Ford made him available to journalists as a way to highlight that employees ā€œwalk the walkā€ and are passionate about the products they build. Itā€™s a classic PR move, but Iā€™m glad I got to talk with him. I could tell immediately that Kirt is a wrenching machine, and as one myself (no doubt much less skilled than Kirt), Iā€™ve got respect for his ability to keep so many old Broncos on the road.

4e6958515405573af55b89e362fb1405.png

Here are some Broncos going through the final inspection station:

b0fe4e7826fda6e5849e3f2f26df8f89.png

And here are some completed builds. The two door looks amazing:

bd1619f9d12256dff6c99d0ed1326e12.png

And here are a few other random shots from my brief, but fun plant tour:

35a64607472498b10e3c9ed25bef915d.png

5188372f0d0e83326d2d8828fcecf5c6.png

60f54b595d4597114dbfbc851a895d11.png

a98a33945d627f4971eaa506d8727fa1.png

3df1c5d8fa52195e812d9e5e05744748.png

Iā€™ll be driving the Bronco later this month. Iā€™m beyond excited. The only time Iā€™ve been this amped about driving a vehicle for the first time was before reviewing the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL, and I helped engineer that thing.
CarbonNIZED grey looks awesome!!!!

Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want mine signed by Kirt!

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I wish I could get a video of my bronco going down the line..I would pay big for that.

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Havenā€™t seen this piece posted. Sweet pics.

https://jalopnik.com/heres-what-i-saw-at-the-2021-ford-bronco-assembly-plant-1847101344

Here's What I Saw At The 2021 Ford Bronco Assembly Plant
Ford invited me to watch workers assemble the Ford Bronco at Michigan Assembly near Detroit

Words and photos by David Tracy

Ford Bronco Behind The Scenes Tour of Bronco Production at MAP Factory WelloffSimplisticChuckwalla-max-1mb

ā€œHey man, I know itā€™s late notice - but how does your 10am look?ā€ a representative from Ford Motor Company texted me on Sunday night. FoMoCo wanted to show me the exciting new Ford Bronco being assembled at the Michigan Assembly plant in Wayne, Michigan. I wasnā€™t about to miss out.

I entered the north entrance of the former Ford C-Max and Ford Focus plant, and watched as the Bronco and its platform mate, the Ranger, slowly skated along the enormous factoryā€™s moving floor. The press event was informal and small; Ford just wanted a few journalists to see that the exciting new Bronco was finally rolling off the line, as the brand planned to announce the start of production the following morning (today).

It was awesome. Assembly plants are magical places, filled with diverse workforces, incredibly specialized tools, strictly-followed (and fascinating) processes, and an unbelievable number of cars and car parts that are all in precise motion, ultimately heading towards the exit.

Hereā€™s a look at what I saw during my short visit. These freshly-painted body shells are beautiful. I love that specialized jig that holds the gas filler door in the driverā€™s window opening:

Ford Bronco Behind The Scenes Tour of Bronco Production at MAP Factory WelloffSimplisticChuckwalla-max-1mb

The bodies ā€” each mounted on large longitudinal stand-in frames ā€” drop down via an elevator, then slide forward, and then progress laterally in a big line of bodies.

Here are some Broncos undergoing what appeared to be some sort of electrical systems test. I watched as techs interacted with a screen while windows, lights and wipers activated.

This blue Bronco was undergoing some sort of four-wheel dynamometer test, presumably to test the powertrain and drivetrain:

Doors, held by special orange rigging, marched along the elevated catwalk:

Hereā€™s an operator holding what looks like a calibrated torque wrench meant to precisely snug down threaded fasteners:

Note the fender protector that allows for assembly while keeping the bodywork in tip-top shape:

A conveyor belt brought this seat to its vehicle at precisely the right time. Modern manufacturing plants rarely have stockpiles of parts sitting at each station. The components arrive when theyā€™re needed.

Hereā€™s a plant employee, Kirt, who owns roughly a dozen old Ford Broncos, and who ā€” of course ā€” has a new one on order. Ford made him available to journalists as a way to highlight that employees ā€œwalk the walkā€ and are passionate about the products they build. Itā€™s a classic PR move, but Iā€™m glad I got to talk with him. I could tell immediately that Kirt is a wrenching machine, and as one myself (no doubt much less skilled than Kirt), Iā€™ve got respect for his ability to keep so many old Broncos on the road.

Here are some Broncos going through the final inspection station:

And here are some completed builds. The two door looks amazing:

And here are a few other random shots from my brief, but fun plant tour:

Iā€™ll be driving the Bronco later this month. Iā€™m beyond excited. The only time Iā€™ve been this amped about driving a vehicle for the first time was before reviewing the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL, and I helped engineer that thing.
Very cool. Thanks for sharing the photos and running commentary. I am curious though, are you a freelance journalist? Or just lucky to know someone?